Sara Evans: I'd Kill My Husband if He Cheated

10/19/2006 12:43 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Before Sara Evans accused her estranged husband of being a sex-crazed maniac, the country singer once promised to kill Craig Schelske if she ever caught him messin' around behind her back.

Back at last years premiere of the film "Walk the Line," Evans was fielding questions on her single "Cheatin" to New York's WPLJ-FM's Scott & Todd when she was asked what her reaction would be if she ever caught her husband cheating. Evans responded, "You know, I'd kill him -- but that's never going to happen, I have a great guy." Evans then offers listeners some advice on how to deal with a cheater, saying "Give them one more chance and if they do it again, kill em!"

Evans recently filed divorce papers accusing Schelske of having an affair with the couple's nanny. Evans also claims Schelske had photos of himself having sex with other women and had at least 100 nude photos of himself in a state of arousal.

Pamela

Sara if you happened to read this my hear goes out to you deeply you are a very stong woman and i know you will get through this and you know what sweetgirl.... What comes around goes around !~ Be strong and hold your chidren close they are your constant.... Much Love ~Pamela~

jude

i swear these people are no better then the lowest of low...making acusations back and forth when they should be quietly taking care of business and their THREE children.....i am starting to feel pretty classy

pkchop

what a dumb ass to mess around on someone is good looking and rich is sara

Noreen

We all say things like that when we think we could be betrayed...but would we, actually? I doubt if Sara Evans would risk losing her children and her career over it. She seems to me to have brains, as well as looks. She is going to get past all that...she did file for divorce. I would keep the children away from the perverted husband/father. Kids grow up fast enough in this world without be subjected to that stuff at a young age.

They'll be just fine once the hype of the divorce is over. Let's let them get on with their lives, okay?

rox

Gee, there used to be two sides to every story and we have only heard about the sordid details and press from one side and nothing from the accused. Hmm, Maybe this should be private?! Too much guilt, dirt and too many thrown stones. I question the rush to judgement.
NEXT TOPIC, PLEASE!

Lee

You know what, I'll bet every woman has said that at one time or another. I'd like to know how many women out there would deny that they would say it! THIS DOESN'T MEAN YOUR GOING TO DO IT!!! What is with the media that they have to make a bad situation worse. I'm sure these allegations are at least partly true, but it's obvious they are having big problems. I usually don't give a damn about certain celebrities lives and escapades, but I will say that I wouldn't want to be under the microscope every minute of my life. Let them be miserable in private, please!

Lee

OH, AND THOSE WHO HAVEN'T HEARD OF SARA EVANS, DOES NOT LISTEN TO COUNTRY MUSIC. TO THOSE WHO ARE COMMENTING ABOUT HER AIRING HER DIRTY LAUNDRY IN PUBLIC; SHE HAS A PUBLIC BECAUSE SHE IS IN THE MUSIC BUSINESS. WHETHER SHE WANTED TO OR NOT IT'S GOING TO HAPPEN, SO SHE HAS TO DO SOME SORT OF DAMAGE CONTROL. SECONDLY, I DON'T THINK THIS UNFORTUNATE CIRCUMSTANCE MEANS SHE'S GOING TO MAKE ANOTHER ALBUM, THAT'S PRETTY FAR FETCHED DON'T YOU THINK? AND, YOU SHOW ME WHAT WOMAN/MAN WOULD NOT BE AIRING THIER DIRTY LAUNDRY TO ANYONE THEY KNEW IF THEY WERE GOING THROUGH THE SAME THING! ALL I KNOW IS, I WOULD NOT BE A HAPPY CAMPER IF MY HUSBAND DID THE THINGS, SARA IS ACCUSING HER HUSBAND OF! IN FACT, I WOULDN'T BE AS NICE!!!!

jfp

c**try trash

Bob

Hey Sara...I believe you 100 %....call me and I'll tell you some of my divorce stories...they will almost match yours!!!
Bob...

jfp

her last cd was only being sold at cracker barrel.....hahahahahahaha

that says it all.

JANET

AS A LAWYER FOR OVER 18 YEARS I HAVE SEEN MANY DIVORCE CASES. THEY PRETTY MUCH ALL GET UGLY. IT IS NOT UNUSUAL FOR A CHEATING HUSBAND TO CLAIM THAT THE VICTIM WIFE IS CRAZY. MANY TIMES THE HUSBAND GETS AWAY WITH CHEATING FOR YEARS WITHOUT BEING CAUGHT BECAUSE HE HAS CONVINCED THE WIFE THAT SHE IS CRAZY, HORMONAL OR PARANOID. USUALLY THE END COMES WHEN THE WIFE IS FINALLY PRESENTED WITH EVIDENCE IN SOME FORM THAT HER SUSPICIONS ARE NOT FIGMENTS OF HER IMAGINATION. ACCORDING TO THE STATEMENTS MADE BY SARA'S LAWYERS, THERE IS SOME SORT OF CONCRETE EVIDENCE TO SUBSTANTIATE EACH OF THE ALLEGATIONS SET FORTH IN HER AFFIDAVIT. MOREOVER, A JUDGE APPARENTLY REVIEWED THE AFFIDAVIT AND ISSUED A RESTRAINING ORDER BASED UPON THE ALLEGATIONS. LET'S FACE IT, SINCE THESE ALLEGATIONS ARE SO VERY SPECIFIC, I WOULD SUSPECT THAT THEY ARE NOT DESIGNED TO PROMULGATE A CAREER. MOREOVER, THERE ARE ISSUES SUCH AS CHILD CUSTODY, MARITAL ASSETS AND POTENTIAL SPOUSAL SUPPORT FOR THE CHEATER (GASP!) THAT SARA'S ATTORNEYS WILL HAVE TO DEAL WITH; THUS, THE SPECIFIC ALLEGATIONS AND EARLY POSTURING TO SET UP THE BEST FINAL DISPOSITION FOR THEIR CLIENT. I FEEL HORRIBLE FOR THIS FAMILY, BUT THEY ARE PUBLIC FIGURES AND ALL OF THESE TRASHY ITEMS WILL COME OUT EVENTUALLY. WHY NOT GET THEM OUT NOW AND LET THE HEALING BEGIN.

Susie Bush

Lee I totally agree with you! and jF? if you're gonna call someone a name? at least spell COUNTRY right LOL!!!!! even if he didn't cheat on her I do NOT blame her for leaving him, get her children away from that freak. Why is everyone blaming the publicity on Sara in the first place? I watch the entertainment shows with my husband and we've NEVER seen Sara on there, it's always either the nanny or the father/husband o.O I for one do not believe the nanny or the father, the nanny I don't believe because well..it's obvious she's an attention seeker and the father because well...he put those pictures on his computer where all the world could see it..possibly his OWN CHILDREN

Joe Dollar

He sounds like a true Jerk Kick him to the curb and move on.

Ashamed

Do some of you people know that Sara Evans is already rich and famous?...lol.. why would she be looking for fame and fortune..lol

Lisa

I remember that Uma Thurman recently broke up and she said something to the effect that about 50% of marriages end in divorce and unfortunately hers was one of them, and that she would never say anything publicly that is negative about the father of her children, because she knows it would only hurt the children.

Too bad Sara isn't mature enough to understand this. Sara seems pretty unbalance to me, maybe some medication and rest will help. Her former best friend seems honestly shock about these accusations. How would anyone handle being falsely accused of adultry in legal documents?