Isaiah Washington -- A Terror on the Set?

10/22/2006 4:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Patrick DempseyIsaiah Washington got into it big time with Patrick Dempsey on the set of 'Grey's Anatomy.' Now TMZ has learned that Washington has had other on-set blowups.

A simmering feud between the two actors bubbled over last week, when Washington reportedly got in Dempsey's face, said some "disgusting things," then allegedly pushed "McDreamy" against a wall and choked him. We're told the incident was so intense it shut down production for a short time.

Now TMZ has learned of two other incidents that make Washington sound like "Dr. McNightmare." In the year 2000, Washington was shooting the TV show "Soul Food" for Showtime in Toronto. Washington and an actress, who played his wife, were shooting a scene in which Isaiah was supposed to give the woman a superficial kiss. We're told to the horror of everyone, Washington grabbed the woman and planted a "forceful, aggressive kiss."

The actress became irate, which then infuriated Washington who began screaming at her. At that point the director stepped in to correct Washington, and the actor went off on him. Executive Producer Tracey Edmonds then took over and Washington went off on her.

In 1997 there was yet another incident on the set of the TV show "High Incident." Washington was a guest star on the show, but we're told the gig ended abruptly after the actor had a physical altercation with a crew member. We're told it was serious enough that police were called.

As for the "Grey's Anatomy" melee, there are reports that Washington taunted Dempsey by saying, "I'm not your little faggot like [name redacted]," referring to a fellow cast member. Yesterday, "Grey's" cast member T.R. Knight revealed to PEOPLE magazine that he's gay, possibly prompted by public revelation of Washington's outburst.

COMMENTS

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Fred

Get that piece of garbage off the show, haveing to look at him is a good enough reason not to watch anymore. WHAT AN ANGRY ANGRY LITTLE BOY

POLITICALLY INCORRECT

I WORKED ALONGSIDE WASHINGTON, HE TRIED TO KISS ME, TOO. PROBABLY CUZ I GOT A BIGGER PACKAGE

POLITICALLY INCORRECT

BUT HE SMELL LIKE A WET DOG.

POLITICALLY INCORRECT

ISAIAH CAN COME BY MY HOUSE. THAT WHITE BITCH WILL SPANK THAT BLACK ASS. YOU KNOW YOU WANT IT.

POLITICALLY INCORRECT

SHE SPANKED O.J. ASS. HE WANT IT, TOO.

POLITICALLY INCORRECT

YOU CAN USE MY WHITE BITCH ON THE SET, SHE SMELL LIKE A WET DOG, TOO.

Mahogany

Here we go again. Every time a black person speaks his or her mind. We stand up for ourselves. We are considered the angry black man or woman. Come on people. It's 2007 and people are still stereotyping. Everyone has a right to voice their own opinion. Is McDreamy an angry white man? No, because all these white women are so in love with him. He doesn't do anything for me. Isaiah is sexier to me. No. Isaiah should not get fire. Personally, even though he has an Asian girlfriend on the show. I feel he should be with a Sistha. I don't even watch the show. I tried to but I couldn't get into it. I work at a hospital and you can't do all the crazy stuff they do on the show. They were all arguing (The angry black man, McDreamy, and the gay guy) so if you want Isaiah fire. They should all get can. When you work closely on the set like they do, people are going to get on your nerve. Sometime you say stuff in argument you would normally say because you want to hurt or get back at them. It's not that serious people. I wish the show much successful. At least they do show African Americans in a positive light instead of being hookers and drugs dealers. The show is one of Oprah’s favorites. .

Hope

First of all, this entire story is so exaggerated. It was NOT as bad as this article claims it was, so says the entire cast of the show. Second of all, he should NOT be fired, even if this was true because Grey's Anatomy is an awesome show, and Isaiah Washington is a good actor that adds a good edge to the show. I think that some of you don't even watch the show anyways so why are you making comments about wanting him to be fired?

Besides, this is old news. Can't the media exaggerate another story now?

SUN

Listen if Hollywood fired every actor that acted like a diva, or ass we would never watch another T.V. show. I think at some point every sucsessful actor has acted like a jerk on the set. Only human people.

TMZ, wants to make this story a big-deal, because we are paying for the luxury of watching all these pop-ups.

justme

It is really sad and pityful to read some on the comments posted. People are so quick to judge on an incident that NO ONE knows what really happened. Washington lost his temper and put his hands on someone, I will agree that he should take some anger management classes and work on his problem. But the fact remains, no one knows what sparked his anger. I can not find a single article stating what is the reason behind his actions. I truly believe if Dempsey was the one to react in such a manner, most of these people wrting comments that Washingtion should be fired would not say the same for Dempsey. It would somehow be Washington's fault no matter what happened. But he really needs to control his anger. Bottom line.

Oscar in Miami Beach

I use to watch "Grey's Anatomy" but I will not until the homophobic Isaac Washington is transfered to another hospital. For the Attorney White Girl, I condemn Mel Gibson (white guy) for anti-semitic, Michael Richards (white guy that says he's jewish?) for racist. It is not the color of the skin but the feelings for others what counts or in this case are wrong. Also, they (celebrities) think they can say anything they want and then say "I'm sorry" and all is forgiven and forgotten. The fools are those that believe that by saying "I'm sorry" these asses have changed their feelings.

Lisa

Buttholes come in all races, creeds, religions & colors...

Sonny

Only one color comes from within a body, regardless of skin color, red. The culture behind ones skin is way more important than skin color alone. Yet it forever rips Me up when statements are made how so in so, white man got in the face of so in so black man, or red man, or yellow man. Ever wonder how the three blue men feel ? We all just need to remember the word Respect. Every one has dealt with the "Struggle". Yet life goes on. The gifted
ones seem to be the most explosive. I bet if We stick a pin in their head, at least they will fit through the same door as everyone else.

BROTHER JAMES

Poor Kramer is getting his ass kicked all over town for trying to defend HIS honor, while being, as they say, "DISSED," by 2 blacks, while trying to earn a buck. And he is the one held accountable. Are we dealing with a double standard here, assuming this is true. I think so. Mr. Washington, however, has a track record of this type of behavior. And then he offends a fellow actor causing him to "COME OUT OF THE CLOSET," whether he wanted to or not. If we are going to be a kinder, gentler society, it must go both ways.
Washington needs to go. 3 strikes and you're out

ShariG

This is so much nonsense. Isn't it funny when someone does something that is all over the media suddenly people come out of the closet with their own stories, never before told, never before talked about. I seriously doubt that Isaiah Washington has a history of inappropriate behavior on the set. He has worked with Spike Lee and Clint Eastwood to name just two of Hollywood's royalty who have had nothing but positive things to say about his talent and his on set behavior. This was so blown out of proportion that it is ridiculous. He is a handsome and sexy Black man who is successful. That is enough for some people to resent him. For me, an avid fan of Gray's Anatomy, the talent he brings to the character of Preston Burke is 1/2 of the reason I watch the show. The other half being Sandra Oh. They have the most believable and entertaining relationship on television. Give the guy a break. He made a stupid statement and has apologized for it. What it tells me is that Isaiah Washington is human like the rest of us and can get stressed and angry. He is a passionate and intense person, as are many actors. Sometimes that passion boils over in ways we would prefer that it not. Forgiveness is as important as tolerance. It's past time to forgive and forget.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments