Meds or Not, It's All Cool Between Katie & Brooke

10/30/2006 2:20 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Nothing mends a celebrity rift like a baby.

Katie Holmes seemed to forget the firestorm of controversy created by her man with regard to Brooke Shields this weekend, when she ran into Tom's former abuse-target at a private party in Los Angeles. Katie's face lit up as she gazed upon Brooke's daughter Grier, and the love-fest (however polite and camera-ready) continued throughout the rest of the conversation.

Looks like any ill-will concerning Tom Cruise's bashing of and subsequent apology to Brooke about her use of medication for her post-partum depression seem to have melted away.

Are playdates with Suri and Grier far behind? Stay tuned.

BreeStarz

Wonder who Tom & Katie bought the "sperm" for Suri from???
Definitely can't be Tom's. Just ask Mimi and Nicole. Remember
Tom's unkind comments about Mimi never getting pregnant???
Remember his mumps as a teenager??? STERILE COCKCOO.
Tom is against psychiatry because he still needs to be on meds
for his ADHD

BreeStarz

Time for Tom Midget to come out of the closet

wewearshort-shorts

#22 (BJ) While I respect your opinion, I have to say that your comment about Tom & Katie not hauling Suri everywhere with them is a bit funny. The thing is, is that they don't haul her ANYWHERE!!

Susie Bush

Tom needs to stop talking about things he doesn't know about o.O

libraesque

To "BOO" it's well known by everyone in the biz that Tom Cruise is sterile, it's not Nicole, believe me. And there's really no reason to believe that Asian baby with a toupee on the cover of Vanity Fair is his biological kid. Get Real

Whatever

Tom is trying to get good publicity by sending Katie out to be nice to Brooke! Both Katie and Tom are two stupid idiots! Run Brooke run!!!!

Avery

(#22) BJ, at two months old, my dog had parvo. After he survived, I refused to let anyone touch him nor let him run barefoot on the ground without his little booties on for fear of him getting sick or contract another disease. Weeks later, my Vet wanted to put him on the floor to see how he walked and I freaked out because of the germs on the floor. My vet rolled her eyes and explained to me that if I freakout and fear about every little germ, my dog will catch on to my nervous tension and he himself will become hypersensitive and nervous at everything. She told me to let him "be a dog" and "get germs to build an immune system". Think about it, kids put stuff in their mouths and lick God knows what. I've done it, and I'm sure you've done it as a kid. That's how we build immunity. Now, I don't care if my dog walks on the dirty ground or eats an insect. He has a healthy immune system. Notice how people who live in germ-ridden nations (such as India) actually live longer and healthier and have powerful immune systems, because they have been exposed to many germs. Notice that people who are house-ridden, or people who live ultra sanitary lives are easily sick, and sick more often than those who live semi or non-sanitary lives?

I agree with stix&stones (#31). Tom and Katie don't take Suri ANYWHERE like all the other celebrity parents out there (aka, Brooke Shields, Gwenyth Paltrow, Angelina Jolie, Gwen Stefani, Britney Spears, Julia Roberts, etc. etc. etc., hell even Madonna!). And that's an undisputable FACT.

Tom and Katie are NOT NORMAL PARENTS. They use their kids for publicity opportunities. Fake pregnancy with a fake belly, lots of photoshop for the VF shoot (oh how easy it is to create a button nose like Katie's, alter eyes to droop downward at the corners, and paste it onto a baby's body), 'happy family outings', etc. As far as pictures go, you can't believe everything you see.

Whatever

Why is Katie never out with Suri? Why is Tom never out with Suri? Why is Katie pretending to be kissy kissy with Brooke Shields? Could it be for PUBLICITY? Poor Katie is doomed if she marries pint sized little cruise!

cam

katie to brooke:
"i wish i had a real baby too"

Susie Bush

I honestly don't think Suri is their kid, she looks NOTHING like them o.O they probably adopted her and are saying it's theirs and payed off a hospital or something

Hippo

Again, Suri is conspicuously absent. Has anyone (other than a Scientologist) verified that Suri is real? That photoshoot was a joke.

Susie Bush

Scientology isn't even a real religion o.O

t

I am a mother. When I had my son, we were out and about with him two days after being born. He is now four years old, has never had anything worse than a 24 hr bed bug and is a very healthy and active child. Since we had him, he was never out of our sight no longer than 4 days when my husband and I went on our honeymoon.
I think this sheds another negative light on the Katie/Tom situation. Their daughter is going to grow up so SECLUDED from the rest of the world and so intoxicated with fear and a one-way belief system that she probably will end up with a shattered, distorted life in the end. I will never wish that on her, that is a sad path to take.
I think Tom is taking the perfect opportunity to mold a human being to be 100% to his liking. He probably couldn't do it with his first two children cause Nicole ( who seems like an independent woman) probably stood up for her children and lashed out at him. But with Katie it is different. She seems easily swayed and I'm sure immensely controlled over Tom. He is probably acting more like her dominating father than the so-called " wonderful lover/fiancee".
This child already has a hard life ahead of her, being what I consider unfortunate to grow up in a Hollywood lifestyle, that she doesn't need to be a subject in a crazed-out experiment that Tom has full possession over.

libraesque

There really shouldn't be any speculation here about where the kid is. His first two adopted children didn't make a public appearance for 2-3 years. Scientology is a completely whacked cult, and the way they believe children should be raised is straight up child abuse. Mothers are NOT encouraged to bond with their children at all. Read this:

MJ

Are you sure that is Katie Holmes? It does not look like her at all!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments