Borat: "My Wife is Dead"

10/31/2006 12:57 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Borat's wife is dead -- and he couldn't be happier.

The Kazakhstani journalist, played by comedian Sacha Baron Cohen, was on "The Late Show with David Letterman" last night raving about his long-awaited return to the single scene while bashing his deceased spouse.

Borat claims he's already on the hunt for someone to fill her shoes. His type: "I like yellow hairs, little plow experience and preference little or no history of retardation."

Jill

Borat was the funniest movie I have ever seen. Maybe you have to be a Brit to appreciate the irony. Seems it has gone over many peoples heads..

GentleTip.com

That guy is funny

Sean

The funniest part of this whole Borat thing is that so many people have no idea who he "is", and are taking the character seriously.

Lou

TMZ has been posting something about this BORAT loser every day for the last two weeks.

can we say, over-representation of jews in the media?

Wicked1

Have tried to find this character funny...not happening. He is annoying.

RebeccaBBBBBBB

Lou... jews ARE the media... sheesh where have u been? btw guys this is a character. the guy who plays borat is an actor. he is not serious

Kevin Johnson/The Famous Guy

You think this guy is funny? You ain't seen nothing yet!

Shashi Nagpure

Really, it is too funny.

Carl

If Borat makes fun of Jews instead of the muslims do we still think he is funny ?

Wicked

Not so funny...neither one of them...boring.

moretocome

Next they're making a Bruno movie. They plan to shoot during fashion week in NY. Should be very funny. Sasha is not only a very funny guy but people that meet him in person and out of character say he's one of the truly nicest people they've every met. You don't have to like him of course, but at least give him a chance. Maybe one of his other characters like Bruno or Ali G is more you're style. I find him very funny myself.

Zoob

Hey Carl you should not speak on a subject you obviously know nothing about. The character of Borat makes fun of the Jews and voices his dislike for them on a regular basis. Have you ever heard his song Throw the Jews Down the Well?

Wicked

Follow the money people...you will find a Jew. And I am not sayng that as a deragatory statement...and I am not Jewish. But Jewish people do have the power and persuasion in this country...why, because they stick together and buy from each other and support each other. I am about to have a Jewish daughter-in-law and they will raise their children as Jews. Not a problem for me, however, my father...another story...he was more of the Archie Bunker mentality. WH.AT.EV.ER.

moretocome

Zoob you know he's Jewish right?? All Jewish comedians make fun of themselves. It seems to be a routine occurrence for some reason. He makes fun of everyone equally if you've ever watched him and his shows, not just Jews.

Zoob

Sacha Baron Cohen is definitely a Jew and yes I did know this. I have been watching Ali G for years and years and find him hillarious.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments