Reese and Ryan:

They're No Hasselhoffs

10/31/2006 10:17 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

reeseryan1-1Reese Witherspoon and Ryan Phillippe may have parted company, but any bitterness seems to be in check.

TMZ broke the story Monday that the couple is separating and that Reese has already hooked up with prominent celebrity divorce lawyer Robert Kaufmann. Sources tell TMZ that the decision to split was made weeks ago but that their overriding concern before it became public was to protect their two children. Reese and Ryan were all too aware of the media onslaught that would be triggered by the split. One connected source calls their relationship "civilized" at the moment.

No doubt Hollywood took notice of the nuclear divorce between David Hasselhoff and Pamela Bach and the apparent collateral damage it did to their two children. TMZ is told that the problems in the Witherspoon-Phillippe relationship were "cumulative" and that no one incident triggered its demise.

Tom: Women Everywhere Hate You

That wacky ol' Mr. Redstone isn't finished hurling invective at Tom Cruise, and he definitely isn't sorry about his public humiliation of the "Mission: Impossible" star when he booted him and his production company off the Paramount lot this summer. "The explosion was good," says Viacom overlord Sumner to Vanity Fair magazine (via Page Six). "It sent a message to the rest of the world that the time of the big star getting all this money is over." What's more, Redstone says that it was indeed his much-younger wife Paula that got him thinking about giving Cruise the axe. Paula, says Redstone, "like women everywhere, had come to hate him ... He just didn't turn one [woman] off. He turned off all women, and a lot of men." Redstone adds that Cruise probably cost the studio $100 - $150 million because of his couch-jumping antics, and that was just on the third "M:I" alone.

Keira Opens Fire on Lindsay's House

Look out Lindsay! Keira Knightley's going to be pelting your house with machine gun fire and a hand grenade – in your next movie together, that is. Variety reports that the freckled phenom has joined the cast of "The Best Time of Our Lives," the true story of the relationships between Welsh poet Dylan Thomas, his wife Caitlin (played by Lindsay), his childhood friend Vera Phillips (Knightley) and Phillips' eventual husband. The plot centers around an incident in which, like most childhood friends tend to do, Phillips and Killick unloaded on Dylan and Caitlin's house with a machine gun and other weaponry. It's Lohan's next project after "Bobby," which opens this fall, and "Georgia Rule."

Ivanka's New Man? Topher, Not Lance

The suddenly ubiquitous Ivanka Trump has a new guy, and, no, he doesn't ride a bike for a living. Page Six tells us that it's "That '70s Show" star Topher Grace, and that the pair spent Ivanka's 25th birthday at Las Vegas' Pure with the curtains closed around their table for a full half-hour, after canoodling on the balcony during dinner at Social House with friends including Wilmer Valderrama. The newly ensconced couple "never left each other's sides" all night.

Moakler Loses Weight, Not Stretch Marks

Shanna Moakler's going through a lot – an impending divorce from estranged husband Travis Barker, getting booted off "Dancing With The Stars" – but she's still managed to lose most of the baby weight she put on after she had her third child, Alabama, late last year, as Celebrity Baby Blog's Danielle Friedland tells us. She hasn't exactly lost the evidence of her pregnancies entirely, though; she admits that she still has stretch marks, and that those little blemishes as well as her C-section scar are usually airbrushed out of photos. "Our babies are worth it," says Moakler.

Party Favors: Mick Makes Hillary Prez ... Kenny G Best Saxinet-Playing Golfer Ever ... Soderbergh to Make Not One But Two Che Films

Mick Jagger played Bill Clinton's 60th birthday concert at the Beacon Theater Sunday night, and he wasn't shy about poking fun at the former Prez and talking up his wife's political ambitions. "I'd like to welcome President Clinton," said Mick to the crowd, deadpan, according to Rush & Molloy. "And I see she's brought her husband ... Kenny G is the best golfer amongst musicians, says Golf Digest, with his better-than-par handicap. The curly-tressed horn-blower beat out such musical-golfing luminaries as Vince Gill, Bob Dylan (#63 on Golf Digest's list), and, um, Snoop Dogg (#44) ... Oscar-winning director is on board to make a biopic of Latin American revolutionary Che Guevara, says Variety, and he's got so much material apparently that he's going to make two films. Benicio Del Toro will play Guevara.

Georgia

To Sophia Reid (#14) Ask yourself why Tom waited OVER A YEAR to ask Brooke for her forgiveness? Tom knows his Q score has joined the ranks of Michael Jackson and Pauly Shore. He knew that Brooke was going on Jay Leno so he went to her house unexepectedly and the DAY BEFORE because he knows she is a very polite woman and she wouldn't snub him. He took advantage of her. Too little too late. Too contrived. A PR ploy right before the Vanity Fair issue came out. He insulted MILLIONS of WOMEN with PPD. How about appologizing to THEM?! The problem with Tom Cruise is that he thinks he can weasel his way out of his own SELF-INFLICTED bad publicity by buying people out with his money and getting his $cientology slaves to rig polls (Parade magazine), stage Tom Cruise "rescues", buy out thousands of movie tickets and copies of VF to fraudulently reflect a positive image on Tom. Tom is a leader of a dangerous CULT, a cult that ruins people's lives. What does that say about HIM?!

Rachel

thanks for the links Jay, everything you said was right on the money.

valhalla

If Tom Cruise was so sorry, why didn't he make a public apology after he made the private one? That is why I don't find him sincere in anything he says. I used to like him, but when he started going nuts over this girl, instead of doing what he was supposed to do, support movies, he messed up big time in my opinion. He is never going to reclaim the audience he once had. Now on a different page, I have noticed how John Travolta helped out New Orleans after the storm by bringing in supplies, but I don't think he was trying to recruit people. If anybody have noticed, I think the whole Tom/Katie thing is to try to bring in people into the religion by showing see a "normal" girl like Katie is in the religion. I think it was done to counteract the stuff that happened with stars going into Kabbalah. Just my opinion.

Sandy

He must not have that much influence because like I said, I have not heard of a depressed or vulnerable person hurting or killing themselves because of what he said. He is an actor, whether you chose to listen to him it is up to you. I suffer from depression and I do not take anti-depressants. I take supplements, Not because of what he said, but because of what I believe. ME, not anyone else. I'm doing very well. What works for some may not work for others. Some of that money that we pay for his money also went into Sumner's pocket. Which I'm sure kept his wife in the lap of luxury she enjoys. I pay to watch movies. If we worried about where the money goes, would we go to the movies, buy cds, the clothing they sell.

RenRen

I hope Tom Cruise sues the heck out of that crotchety old nutjob called Sumner Redstone. What a complete idiot that guy is. Cruise jumped on a couch and slammed the use of drugs for children, oh my God, someone get the executioner! What the heck is Sumner Redstone's Golddigging wife saying about Mel Gibson? Robin Williams, Wesley Snipes, etc?

I ain't sayn she's (Sumner's wife) a golddigga. . .

shelley

Hey " Keen Eye" why not forgo getting drunk this early in the day? You may want to learn the proper tenses of words. "they are so bias"? It's biased....biased..you chowderhead...you drunk chowderhead...

Did someone say...buttplugs?

I'm guessing that this Ryan guy woke up one day and looked at Reese and a voice in his head said "this bitch has a lil' monkey face."

Sharon

Dearest, dumb Anna, #27: What Tom does on his own time IS his business for sure, just like the rest of us, HOWEVER, Anna, you shot yourself in the foot. "Between him and his family......EXCEPT FOR THE ITTY, BITTY FACT THAT HE WENT REPEATLY, NUMEROUS TIMES ON NATIONAL T.V. (THE TODAY SHOW WAS REALLY SOMETHING ELSE) TO SPEW OUT HIS CRAPPY , IGNORANT RANT MAKES IT EVERYONE'S BUSINESS, IT WAS THE TALK OF ACCREDITED,ACCLAIMED MORNING SHOWS, AIR WAVES AND MAGAZINES. ANNA, HE MAKE IT OUR BUSINESS. AND WHEN HE BECOMES"O.t." IN THE CULT, MAYBE HE CAN CHANGE INTO A WOMAN AND EXPERIENCE PPD, OR SCIZOFRENIA, SORRY FOR THE MISPELLING. DID ANYONE SEE "48 HOURS" ON SUNDAY, WHERE THEY PROFILED A HARD-CORE SCIENTOLOIST COUPLE WHO'S SON WAS MENTALLY ILL??? tHE POOR THING HEARD VOICES, ETC. FOR YEARS AND ALL HIS PARENTS DID WAS GIVE HIM VIAMINS?? I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR TOM'S RATIONAL FOR THAT ONE.

Sharon

Just read Jake's post, and I have to agree on two points: the timing of the apology for Brooke, and wasnt she gracious to accept it after he publicly targeted her? and on the point of an apology for women who have suffered with ppd and/or depression. He would have to put himself in our shoes to know. I began to dislike him when for the SECOND TIME, HE HUMILIATED HIS WIFE BY PUBLICLY ABANDONING HIS MARRIAGE AND BAILING. That wouldnt be so unusual, but once again , he's in the public eye and he could have been quietier and much more respectful, and careful about it. he is callous and connviving and he doesnt "love women". His actions have anger and control written all over them.

Rachel

admit it sandy, you're a scientologist. all the signs are there, just don't have the balls to come clean do you? you have depression but take supplements? i suppose you're against all pysch aren't you? you still didn't get my point, it's not whether anyone hurt themselves over his remarks, although we'll never know, but they could have. he didn't care in the least. it was irresponsible but hey, he knows pysch, we don't. now why don't you go get audited and get rid of some of those pesky body thetans that are obviously stuck up your ass.

Sandy

Wow d.j., hit a nerve. Because I believe in certain things and not what you do I'm a Sceintologist.. Yes, I take supplements. And no I'm not against Psychiatry or medications. Go back and read what I wrote. What works for some, may not work with others. I chose supplements over anti-depressants. And if and when I feel they are not working, then I will consider the other. But since you seem to know me you probably already knew that. And yes I understand where you're coming from with what he said. He hurt alot of people but there are also people who believe in alternative medicine. Are they Scientologist too. You need to get you're head which is stuck up you're ass, out!

Rachel

not hittin a nerve babe just callin it like i see it and i don't believe a word you said. you're another scientologist whacko who needs a good shrink. now go watch another cruise movie, you've become very annoying and redundant

Terri N.

Tom Cruise is amazing. He is a successful, handsome, happy man who knows who he is and where he is going. He is an incredible actor. Thanks for caring for so many people, keep up the good work!

Georgia

Sandy (#45) "He must not have that much influence because like I said, I have not heard of a depressed or vulnerable person hurting or killing themselves because of what he said."

Sandy, my dear, it's not just what Tom Cruise says, he is an advocate for the practices of Scientology, a group that performs quackery and simpleton methods of medical treatment coupled by a more quack "religion" about xenu, DC-10's, dead alien souls, and cinemas millions of years ago. Scientology is a dangerous organization to the likes of a Mob. Many people have perished (Lisa McPhereson, Noah Lottic, Richard Collins, etc.) under the "care" and instruction of Scientology practices.

Sandy (#45) %u201CI pay to watch movies. If we worried about where the money goes, would we go to the movies, buy cds, the clothing they sell.%u201D

As a citizen of the United States, I have the vested interested and right to know WHERE my money goes when I spend it. Sandy, would you buy clothing from a store in which you KNEW that clothing was manufactured in a sweatshop where children are slaves and beaten? If you knew, I%u2019m sure you wouldn%u2019t support the company that sells those clothes. You wouldn%u2019t buy them. If you knew that just by buying a movie ticket, you were supporting one of the most dangerous cults in the world? A cult that destroys and ruins people%u2019s lives? I think not. Same thing with buying movie tickets of films that Tom produces, any dvds, and magazines, too. 30% of all movie ticket sales profits that Tom gets, a portion of that goes back into Scientology. I NEVER knew about this until last year. Now that I know the truth, I can do something better with my money.

I have practiced alternative medicine for the past 11 years. But, I have to agree with professional medical doctors that vitamins are insubstantial to helping someone with serious mental diseases - Schizophrenia, Depression, Bipolar Disorder, etc. My own mother was diagnosed with Bipolar after haven practiced alternative medicine all her life. She would be elated at one moment and then suddenly have meltdowns on a turn of a heel. It was detrimental and devastating to the entire family, but most importantly, to herself. She was given medication for three years. Last year, she slowly came off of it. She is no longer dependent on it. During the medication period, she was the same loving person with the same intelligence and vigor for life, but most of all, she finally was at peace with herself. I am a believer that medication is conducive to those who really need it.

Yes, drugs are overused (that's OVER-used), but the drug itself is not the culprit. Take for instance, a gun, a machine initially designed to protect. It is not dangerous until someone abuses its use. Drugs are not the problem. It%u2019s the ABUSE of them.

What is dangerous about Tom Cruise is that he knows there are weak and gullible people out in the world and uses his celebrity status to make claims that he knows what everyone needs and that he has THE ANSWER to all of society%u2019s psychological problems, as long as you do it HIS way. He is not a doctor, nor does he possess one single medical degree. His practice, as we all know, is acting, not medicine. He is not an expert in medicine, and he should not be making fantastic claims that he knows more than you or anyone else does. Tom Cruise is a potent supporter of the dangerous cult, Scientology. If you buy one of his movie tickets, you%u2019re giving money to the cult.

WHAT IS THE RUSH

MADONNA FOR YOU, I HOPE YOU READ IT.

I APOLOGIZE FOR PICKING ON YOUR ADOPTION, WHY, BECAUSE AT FIRST I COULD NOT BELIEVE THAT IF THE DAD WAS STILL ALIVE AND GRANDMA THEN WHY NOT OFFER THEM THE MONEY TO KEEP THE CHILD AND LET THEM RAISE HIM, BUT AFTER HEARING YOU SAY YOU DID, I'M GOING TO BELIEVE YOU, EVEN THOUGH MOST OF THE TIME, YOU GO A BIT FAR. IF THAT DAD DIDN'T WANT HIM, THEN I SAY YOU GO GIRL, AND I APOLOGIZE, IF THE FATHER IS THAT MUCH OF AN ASS. SORRY MADONNA. I WILL OWN UP WHEN I'M WRONG, NOT MANY PEOPLE WILL.. BE HAPPY AND THE LITTLE ONES.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments