Elisabeth

Calls Sen. Kerry

'Mel Without The Booze'

11/1/2006 3:54 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Elisabeth Hasselbeck, in a fit of right-wing pique, called Sen. John Kerry "Mel Gibson without the booze" over his remarks on troops in Iraq on "The View" this morning -- and Joy Behar didn't like it one bit.

Elisabeth and Joy began their sparring when Joy criticized President Bush and his lieutentants for "making hay" out of Sen. Kerry's remarks on Monday when he suggested to group of students that a poor education would lead to their being "stuck in Iraq," offending troops and politicians everywhere (Kerry said yesterday that he mishandled a joke, and meant to criticize the Bush administration.)

That persistently doctrinaire right-wing political thinker Elisabeth jumped all over Kerry (and Joy), equating the Senator to "Mel Gibson without the booze," slamming his flip-flops, and then defended President Bush for his "higher IQ" and "better grades" than Kerry while the two were at Yale. Joy was having none of it, and the two exchanged a flurry of invectives.

But -- surprise! -- it was Rosie defusing the situation with a few bars of her favorite Barbra. And it all made that other Barbara -- Walters -- put her head down in (perhaps not-so-mock) exasperation.

babygreens

Elisabeth Hasselbeck is an airhead and the media is giving too much attention to Kerry's stupid remark.

Senator Kerry bungled his attempt to run for the Presidency again...who cares? People should be more concerned with the fact that someone of Ms. Hasselbeck's mediocre talent has such a high profile, high-paying job. What a waste!

kelley

I love making liberals mad- they're so amusing.

Scout

Elisabeth is nothing but a dumbass uptight nitwit! I'm glad her husband is cheating on her. She really should be kicked off the show. I can't stand her. Even her baby is odd looking.

moretocome

I think the response to the poll on the article says it all. It kind of goes along with the current polls in the US. Bush is losing.

I have 5 family members in the armed forces and two are currently deployed in Bagdad. They are fighting for all our rights including our right to say what we want even if it’s is against our government.

This is America people you can’t have it both ways, You either believe in Freedom of Speech or you don’t which is it?

U Know Who

Well Dave - To that point I would ask, why does anyone listen to Orcah Withfries?

I cannot figure out why either but "they" do.

EL-Phantasmo

Jennifer

I agree totally #49 lol!!!! Hilarious!!!! Will the good people of abc test elisabeth to see if she has any brain waves or is just robot for the GOP

Wicked

I am going to report you people FOR THE F***ING NASTY ASS WAY YOU ALL TALK. I am writing to Harvey right now.

Wicked

#90 me too sweetie...me too

Wicked

#92 good f***ing big deal for you...I don't believe you for a minute, but if it were true...support your country...you dumb ass blood sucking sh*t eater

Scout

Dave Falke, I agree. She should go back to eating bugs. Maybe that will force her to keep her dumb mouth closed.

Lauren

I agree with Elizabeth 100% Kerry shouldn't have said it and it is very offensive, and its not the first time he has said something like this. And besides not all democrats agreed with him there are those who were insulted so its not just republicans going against him. I believe he only gave an apology not because he thought it was the right thing to but because he wanted voters back. Our country would go to hell in a hand basket with democrats running it.

Joyce

#82 ANGIE KISS MY ASS YOU GO BACK TO WATCHING NASCAR YOU ASS WIPE

U Know Who

Wow the facists are out in force, poor Dems.

The Facist Dems Don't want to HEAR ANYTHING ANYONE THAT ISN'T A BLEEDING HEART HAS TO SAY EVER! They should be permanently silenced..one way or another. Yea now that's American =/

Boohoo maybe try Velenzuela, you lot will fit in well.

HAHA LIARS!

Whatever

Elisabeth is a dodo bird.

Whatever

I have a small dick and I love John Kerry!