Kanye To MTV: You Suck!

11/3/2006 10:20 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Kanye West was so miffed at not winning the award for Best Video last night at the MTV Europe Music Awards that he stormed the stage and went on a bizarre, expletive-filled tirade to protest.

Even though he'd won the award for Best Hip-Hop Artist earlier in the evening, West jumped out of his seat in Copenhagen when Justice and Simian (no, we haven't heard of them either) won the Best Video prize for "We Are Your Friends," and crashed the award presentation! He told the stunned audience that he should've won for his "Touch The Sky" because it "cost a million dollars, Pamela Anderson was in it, I was jumping across canyons." And, he added, "If I don't win, the awards show loses credibility."

Elsewhere at the awards, Justin Timberlake, who hosted, won two awards, while the Red Hot Chili Peppers won Best Album.

Mel: I've Got a "Gringo Gut"

Mel Gibson can't handle his booze – and apparently not Mexican food either. He told an audience of Latinos who were actually honoring him for his "Apocalypto" that he has "the gringo gut" and that, during shooting in Mexico, he was "crawling around on [his] hands and knees some days," which, as the AP icily notes, was met with "trails of laughter."

The actor, whose DUI arrest and anti-Semitic tirade will be fictionalized on "Law & Order" tonight, picked up the Chairman's Visionary Award from the Latino Business Association in Beverly Hills. Gibson told the audience that casting unknowns for "Apocalpyto" was like "being at the Super Bowl and getting your quarterback from the audience." He says he cast one actor after seeing him in a juice bar.

For $13 Grand A Month, "SNL" Star Gets Bedbugs for Free

You know that saying about not letting the bedbugs bite? "Saturday Night Live" star Maya Rudolph "Boogie Nights" director Paul Thomas Anderson found out why people say it after their $13,000-a-month Manhattan loft was infested by the tiny creatures. According to a $450,000 lawsuit filed in New York, the couple and their baby moved into the loft last month and immediately found themselves being chewed at night. "The plaintiffs were bitten over portions of their bodies by bedbugs," say the court papers. What's worse, alleges the couple, the elevator in the building was broken so they couldn't escape the infestation easily. The family has moved out -- and have stayed out. The building management had no comment.

Busta Rhymes Busted Again

Yo, Busta: Best not to break the law right in front of the police station. Trouble-prone rapper Busta Rhymes (real name: Trevor Smith) was driving past the Midtown North police precinct in New York last night, reports the New York Daily News, when cops there spotted him talking on his cell phone without a headset while driving, which is a violation of New York state law. The rapper was given a ticket for the offense. In August, Rhymes was charged with assault for allegedly beating up a Bronx man who he says spat on his car.

Party Favors: Cruise's Next Film "Maguire"-Esque ... Streisand Heckler Was – What Else – An Aussie ... Geffen May Have Sold Pollock Dripper for $140 Million

Tom Cruise, newly installed at United Artists, will be making a "dramedy" for UA in the vein of "Jerry Maguire," says FOX News, which adds that MGM has suggested that rather than an action megamovie ... Barbra Streisand's heckler unmasked: The man who threw a drink at Babs during a recent concert was an Aussie with no "political motive or message." Instead, he had just had "one or more too many beers," according to Streisand's flack Dick Guttman (via Page Six). ... Hollywood supermogul David Geffen has sold a famous drip painting by Jackson Pollock for $140 million, believed to be the largest amount ever paid for a painting. Geffen may use the money to buy the Los Angeles Times, says the New York Times.

Add to: My AOL, MyYahoo, Google, Bloglines
AOL Alerts

arctickat

Brittany, you didnt Really read what I said.

I said "how do you know they arent complaining? Are they all addressed to you?"

Please answer this :) Then you can claim victory :)

Susie Bush

it's obvious they arn't complaining, they're never on the news o.O

SUPER-ficial

Kanye's behavior was terribly unsuitable . . but he always acts like
that. It's not a black or white issue. He's immature . . along with
a great deal of other entertainers . .

YOu fools

Tress....all blacks don't come from the ghetto!!! Kanye West actually came from a very wealthy background. His mother is a professor wuith her PhD so he will never be going back to any ghettos because he didn't come from one. I think that he is arrogant but he is no different than any other star with money....white or black!!!!!

Susie Bush

agreed there ST (is that ok? lol) alot of Entertainers have been really immature over the last few years, some role models eh?

arctickat

I never said Nagin did everything correctly. What he did was provide a poor evacuation plan by pushing everyone in the superdome.

AND, It was reported that BROWN at Fema called in to tell them to hold back the supply vehicles of provisions delivering food and water for 2 days before they finally arrived.

Also, the guard was already called into Louisiana, FL, and MI before the storm hit. Nice, you work for Fema and dont know this.

and someone tells me I suck at my job (hehe)

SUPER-ficial

ST is fine Shady. They are terribly immature and self-absorbed. It's like somewhere along the line "money/celebrity" replaced growth and maturity.

SUPER-ficial

We always incorporate "race" because it's an easy answer to a larger issue. I know people from every race and walk of life and trust me, idiots reside in each of them, unfortunately.

tristan

KANYE YOU JUST MASSACRED YOUR CAREER DUDE. YOU HAD IT ALL BUT IT WASN'T GOOD ENOUGH, HUH. YOU LOOOOOOZER!!!!!!!!!! YOU HAVE PROVED TO THE WORLD THAT YOU ONLY CARE ABOUT AWARDS. I GUESS U WERE LYIN WHEN YOU SAID U WERE IN IT FOR THE LOVE OF THE ART AND THE FANS. THATS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU LOSE AN AWARD? CANT WAIT TO SEE WHAT HAPPENS WHEN U LOSE YOUR FANS...THEN YOUR RECORD DEAL... DID I MENTION LOOOOOOOOZER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Susie Bush

Yeah exactly ST, all they really care about is themselves and what they can and can't do/buy, why not instead of waisting the money they "earn" on houses in different countries, why not spend it on nelping people who need it? I know that's what I'd do is my husband and I won the lottery or we had billions of dollars o.O

Brittany

Arctic,

How do you know the hurricane actually hit? Were you there to see it? No. It was on T.V., Radio, Internet, Etc....... Please no more stupid questions. I just retired champion. Hugs and kisses..

Susie Bush

helping not nelping o.O lol

Michael

Why is this a racial issue? He is just a loud mouth, like all the other loud mouths that grace tmz pages...I am almost as sick of everything being a race issue as I am of reading about the parasite. Does this make me a racist????

SUPER-ficial

Why not invest in World Peace . . look at how messed up things are right now. So many issues we need to "clean-up" in the United States before we begin to spread democracy abroad. It breaks my heart to see the pictures of town in the mid-west where people once lived and now they're ghost towns . . . we've got SERIOUS issues on the horizon . . and white, black, green or purple has NOTHING to do with it . . really where will this country be in another 5 - 7 years?

Michael

By the way, that was not meant as a slam against tmz...I used to buy sleaze magazines and relax in a hot tub and read all the gossip...now I get paid to read this crap. God bless the computer. Admit it, all of you...you all come here while at work too!.