Sir Elton to Label: F**k You and Fire Me, Please!

11/3/2006 4:49 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Not known for overly raunchy lyrics, Sir Elton John has apparently added the F-bomb to his lyrical repertoire -- with a vengeance. The continually cranky crooner stopped his concert last night at the Nassau Coliseum on Long Island to explode into an "f**k"-filled tirade against his label, Interscope Records, according to a TMZ spy in the audience.

After playing one of his hits, Sir Elton introduced his recent song "Postcards from Richard Nixon" off his new album "The Captain and the Kid" by saying, "I'm going to play a song but I'm sure you haven't heard it because the f**kers haven't promoted it." And, in about a minute's span, says our spy, the Rocket Man dropped about ten or 15 f-bombs, much to the shock and dismay of the mostly female, mostly forty-something crowd.

The f**kers to whom he was referring, of course, were executives at Interscope that John blamed for under-promoting his album, not spending "a dollar" on its September release, its less-than-impressive spot on the Billboard album charts -- where it's fallen out of the top 100. In the end, said Elton to the crowd, "I just want [Interscope] to drop me."

Sir Elton's rep had no comment. F**ker.

AHM

What a spoiled little bitch

Rick

This old ass grag queen turns out to be a bitchier than any lesbian out there. He needs to shut the f*** up and just sing-no one cares about his bitchy opinions. Man send this old drag queen to a home for OLD NAGGING NELLY QUEENS>I am emabarassed that he is GAY!!!!!

Jay Link

Sorry, I have to agree with Sir Elton on this one..
I have been a musician for 26 years now, and have been jerked around by labels big & small.
Interscope did nothing to promote his new Album, most of us who would buy it, never even knew it was released. Sir Elton has made Interscope Millions, and his back catalog millions more.. I can certainly understand his displeasure with his record compnay..
Hey Sir Elton, word of Advice, it's time to go Indie. Start your own record company while the majors all flutter & fail...

Jenn

I love Elton John! I saw him last year in Vegas, and he is a wonderful performer! He dropped a TON of F-Bombs then also, but not about his label..... with all the money he has made the record companies over the years, let him say whatever he wants to!

kathleen

What is wrong with SIR ELTON? He needs an ego check, pronto! Is he back on Drugs and Alcohol? What has gotten into him?

blah blah blah

elton johns arrigance is about as beloted as he allowed his own body to be
shut the f*k up you arrigant beloted gay myster

Rick

The Westboro Baptist Church id full of sinners and devil worshippers. These people are a bunch of ASSWIPES just like Freddy Jr. We dont want your church, every member can suck ass like you, so keep you religious f***ing remarks for you. because you need the praying-DICKFACE

Alyssa

I was at that concert. He's right, the record company did a crappy job promoting his new album, which by the way is great. I thought his comments were justified. And he wasn't cursing up a storm. He only spoke about it for a couple of minutes. I thought it was Universal Records?

Rick

8. elton johns arrigance is about as beloted as he allowed his own body to be
shut the f*k up you arrigant beloted gay myster

Posted at 4:27PM on Nov 3rd 2006 by the bitch is back
I agree with you, bit go back to school and learn to spell...you write like you're illiterate!!!!!

wtf over

WTF?

Album name stolen from Jimmy Buffett song?

Category: Lyrics
Artist: JIMMY BUFFETT
Album: Havana Daydreamin'
Song Name: The Captain And The Kid

car videos

he may not need the help of interscope because of his popularity...but its the interscope responsibility to help him in any of his promotional event.

Puh der Baer

Buffet's "Havana Daydreamin'" was released in 1976. The song "Captain Fantastic..." was released in 1975, and spoke of "The Captain (EJ) and The Kid (Bernie Taupin).
At least Elton's earned his right to throw a tantrum now and then. Like him or not, he's been around and backed up with the hits through the decades...

stoopit

Considering how much money the man has made for his record label the least they could do is promote their artist. He's not out of line at all.

POOPER SCOOPER

I hate to say it but, Elton John has become just a bitter old queen now. Very sad.

MustHaveGoss