Doogie:

The Doctor is Out!

11/4/2006 12:43 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

DoogieConfronting rumors that have been swirling for weeks, Neil Patrick Harris -- aka Doogie Howser, MD -- says he's gay, in an interview with People magazine. Rumors about Harris' sexuality have been circulating with some frequency (and especially stridently on PerezHilton.com), and he -- like 'N' Sync-er Lance Bass -- thought it was time to address them.

"Rather than ignore those who choose to publish their opinions without actually talking to me, I am happy to dispel any rumors or misconceptions and am quite proud to say that I am a very content gay man living my life to the fullest," he says. Harris has kept a relatively low profile over the years. "The public eye has always been kind to me, and until recently I have been able to live a pretty normal life," he admits. "Now it seems there is ... interest in my private life and relationships."

Oh, Really? Sir Paul Wants "Dignified" Divorce

In his first interview since he and estranged wife Heather Mills announced their intention to divorce in May, Paul McCartney says he hopes a "certain dignity" will be maintained throughout the divorce. "I don't hold grudges against anyone. I don't blame anyone for the sadnesses that have happened to me," he tells BBC radio. "Even through difficult moments, I like to try and look to the other side and think there'll come a time when I'll feel better." The former Beatles' lawyer said last month that the musician was ready to defend himself in court against recent accusations that he abused Mills.

Russell Crows About Injustice

Russell Crowe thinks Americans are overreacting to his phone-throwing tantrum at a New York hotel last year. He calls the assault charge stemming from the incident a misuse of the legal system, according to People. "Where I come from, a confrontation like that, as basic and simple as that, would have been satisfied with a handshake and an apology," he says. He says he regrets the incident and blames it on his notoriously bad temper, which he tells "60 Minutes" on Sunday is a hereditary thing -- and not necessarily a bad thing, because, according to Crowe, it'll catch up with you one day on the street, "and you'll pop."

Party Favors: Double O Diddy?...Chelsea Clinton Climbs The Corporate Ladder...York Duchess Launches New Jewelry Line

Sean "Diddy" Combs wants to be the first black James Bond. During the MTV Europe Awards (where he's pictured, left, with current Bond Daniel Craig), the rapper proclaimed that "one day the time will come for a black Bond, and hopefully I can audition for it. It's a dream of mine to play a great role like that."... Former first daughter Chelsea Clinton has accepted a job with New York-based hedge fund Avenue Capitol Group ... Britain's Duchess of York, Sarah Ferguson, launched her first jewelry collection featuring Moissanite rings, necklaces and earrings. A portion of the money will be donated to her foundation, which benefits poor chilcren around the world.

HateWealthySnobs!!!!

P-Dicky as James Bond? You gotta be f***ing kidding me ... I agree with truth. James Bond is better white ... P-Dicky is blk ... that' not a good combination. well, in this screwed up "american society" anything goes nowadays. So, what-the-f*** ever ...

jennifer

#28 LennK -- and again I ask --- how does his being gay affect you PERSONALLY? Hello, who made you king? This post of yours only further proves what I've been saying --- you're way too judgmental. By the way, Lenn, you need to use your spellcheck, because your spelling is atrocious. Bet you're a republican, too.

Lenn K

Jennifer, what does being a republican have to do with anything. And my spelling doesn't seem to be anymore atrocious than yours. You must be a liberal democrat. But anyway I didn't make the rules about homosexuals the big guy did. I'm not judging , just stating a fact. Personally I don't care, but do we always need to know when someone decides to be gay, or is born gay. whatever.

moretocome

Lenn K, You have it wrong. I talk to the "big guy" all the time and he loves us all. Gays included. What he doesn't like is some judgmental fool pretending to know who God hates and who he likes. You are not his messenger. And don’t go quoting those Bibles that were written by monks and old pedophile priest. He’s not real happy with them either. God will judge so why get your self all up in arms, we’re not after you? We have higher standard than that!

jennifer

Lenn, I'm willing to bet you have no friends. Who could stand you? God will judge all of us when our time comes, and that includes you. You should be worrying more about yourself than the gays.

Lenn K

ZapZip, I repeat that I'm not judging I'm just stating a fact. I never said gays can't talk to the Big Guy. Pedophile priests has nothing to with God plan anymore than Child molesters speak for gays. The pedophile priests will get theirs. I have nothing against gays, all I said was you don't need to proclaim your gayness in public like you just won the heisman trophy. My neighbor is gay and is a great guy, he didn't get on a loudspeaker to the neighborhood telling everyone he's gay. Also I never said God hated gays. You maybe mad about the teaching of the Bible, but it is what it is.

Lord Snooty

Diddy want's to be James Bond... What's next, Sean Connery's going to be Shaft ? Last year he sprinted in his underwear, screaming in terror, of his (rented) yacht up on the Saint Tropez harbour... Somebody made a loud "BANG" with a paper bag or something and he thought it was gunfire. Way to go big sissy.

taRa

i think TMZ should be ashamed! perez is a nasty bitter queen! it's not a GOOD thing to be outed!! i think NPH has a right to keep his personal life private and the fact that TMZ feels the need to support perez makes me sick. you are pathetic.

Glee (I'm baaaaack)

I think that Neil Patrick Harris is a good actor and it is too bad he wasn't allowed to keep his private life private - because it will affect how I see the woman chasing character he plays. It makes is less believable, unfortunately. Too bad.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3