Gwen Stefani

Hollas Back to Peggy Lee

11/6/2006 4:05 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Gwen Stefani is channeling the late, great Miss Peggy Lee on the cover of the hollaback girl's new album, "The Sweet Escape." It gives me fever.

gwen2_peggy_retna_300-1
The disc, which drops December 5, is produced by Akon, with songs by Tony Kanal, Swizz Beatz, Dave Stewart and others.

Legendary singer and songwriter Peggy co-wrote all the songs for Disney's "Lady and the Tramp," for which Peggy sued Disney (and won $2.3 million) to get a piece of the video revenues.

Gwen hits the road
next April for her U.S. tour. And that's all there is.

Beansox

Stankani always has to copy someone else. She has no talent and therefore has to rely on her paid for (implants, nose job, tummy tucks) image, to sell albums. Its not her fault so much as its the fault of the sheeple who buy into it.

Sam

Can someone please tell me what Gwens natural hair color actually is?

Vicky

When No Doubt came out, I was in my heyday with music, dancing, partying, the works. Gwen and her group were awesome then, a new thing, a new look with each member showing off their own individuality by way of clothing, style and grace.

However, I am still trying to figure out what exactly went wrong as the years went by. And, what happen to Gwen?? Did her stardom take her far and wide to where she has lost her own individuality? Her clothing line reminds me of someone who is desperate to make a statement but its certainly not a statement of individuality. Its more like chaos and being lost deep inside.

Very sad indeed. No Doubt was where it's at. Can't say much for the latter.

And, Gwen is 37 now? Geez.

kathleen

I like ORIGINALS the best...no one can copy the incomparable Peggy Lee!

JESSICA M

I think that her picture is wayyy to photo shoped for me, i mean i like her and her music but she is alway preaching about being yourself and it seems to me that she is not taking her own advice, looks to fake to me.

stoopit

It would be nice for her to come up with her own style. She can design clothing but can't create something for herself?

me

I'm not sure I'm liking those round sunglasses on Britney Spears in the right pic. Gwen Stefani looks nice though.

yo momma

gwen's nothing without no doubt...by herself she makes crap music. gwen, go back to no doubt!!!!!!!

LadyLove

Ummm No...it' s not produced by Akon. Aren't you supposed to get shit straight before you report it?

Ms. B

I believe she's channeling Michelle Pfieffer in Scarface. Which was also the inspiration for her latest L.A.M.B. collection.

You guys are old !!!!

SMASH

WHATEVER---- GWEN IS THE SHIT!!!! I GOTTA COMMENT HERE, she's one of the most original artists ever and by the way---- the photo on the cd cover is SUPPOSED TO LOOK THAT WAY #2, it's just something different!!!! way retro and way cool, i love it!!!!

susie

Reminds me of Michelle Pfeiffer in Scarface.. although not as hot.

paula

Totally Elvira from Scarface!!!! Sans the white powder all over her nose!

meltz11

With that jaw and makeup Gwen looks like "Klytus" from the 80s movie "Flash Gordon"

;)

love gwen but is her new cd a joke or what? Is she trying to prove some society media experiment by releasing these stupid uncreative songs just to see if the public will bite?????

Love her, but she's lost her way.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments