Is Rachael Ray's

Food Network Show

A Crock?

11/8/2006 5:12 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Racheal Ray"Inside Dish with Rachael Ray" was a stolen recipe, according to a new lawsuit.

TMZ has obtained court documents filed in Los Angeles Federal Court in which a syndicated radio host claims The Food Network burned him bad.

Ross Crystal, host of "Showbiz Express,"
claims he contacted Food Network prez Judy Girard back in 2001 and pitched a show he called "Showbiz Chefs." The idea, claims Ross, "is a 30-minute interview/cooking show featuring celebrities cooking their favorite dishes in their own kitchens. Celebrity guests will open their homes to the viewer, providing a glimpse into their lifestyles, and the host will participate in the cooking experience."

Crystal received a letter from Girard on December 13, 2001, thanking him for thinking of Food Network, but stating "...we have no interest in celebrities at all. Every time we do something of this nature, it fails." Oh really?

In November 2004, Food Network launched "Inside Dish With Rachel Ray," using the promotional description: "Join host Rachael Ray as she takes us to the homes-and kitchens-of some of America's biggest celebrities."

In the first episode, Rachel visited the home of actor Dennis Franz and baked crabcakes with his daughter Tricia.

Ray was not named as a defendant in the lawsuit.

TMZ placed calls to Food Network. So far, no reply.

Crystal is seeking a minimum of $150,000 in damages.

Maygin

I'm sure Rachel is crying about all your comments...ALL THE WAY TO THE BANK!

JDtheDJoftheJR

Theo has the right idea. I want to plagerize that.

Nick

to all you burger king meal for dad boy girl moms get with the italians they invented food like it should be viva Ray Rachael

Robin Banks

Like OAT stated, what you are saying is someone came up with an idea to have a TV show that shows the inside of the homes of famous people? Like maybe show their kitchen and what they have in their fridge??

I don't know......can you say LIFESTYLES OF THE RICH AND FAMOUS ? Hmmm...seems like I remember watching that as a child, back in freaking 1986 !

Willow

Rachel rakes my nerves after a while, but her show is honest and cute, for the most part. Rip off of someone's idea? What? Is that guy the only person able to have a simular ideas on the planet? Should be thrown out of court, period.

A little bit of Rachel goes a long, long, long way! She is like someone on speed! Geesh, calm down girl, you are too much! Also, you gotta stop all that tasting, it is showing up all over you! You look chubbier every show, gal!

Melissa

I think jfp and Theo are funny.

Patti

I thought I would like Rachael Ray's new show, but she is too loud, talks way too much. I like her 30 minute meals but this show, it's like she is on speed or something. She talks way too fast, I don't know, I was just disappointed in it. Not what I expected I guess. At first I thought that it was nerves but it's still the same and with having that other show, she really shouldn't be nervous.

SUE

I hear a lot of jealousy in the opinions.

Patricia Barker

Ever since Rachael Ray started her talk show everyone seems to be against everything that she says and does. This does not make sense. Everyone does things in there own way, she has her way and others have their way. She is a very personable and out going person this is not wrong. I suspect that the people that are saying bad things about her are jealous of her popularity. Some cannnot say nice things about someone so they say bad things, I believe this is the case in this situation. Rachael Ray deserves a lot of credit for all the things that she is doing. If no one likes her then why is she so popular?We are all entitled to our own opinion, however I think some are carrying things to far.I think she is a super lady and she is getting the short end of the stick from a lot of people out there.

Robert E. Thomas

I for one would like to state that Rachel Ray is the cutest talk show host out there, is incredibly energetic in how she presents her show, and in my opinion runs rings around "Martha". I enjoy her show in spite of the fact I am not a "talk show" fan by any stretch. Rachel...you are a doll!

Dale Short

Rachel Ray is a loud mouth, pitiful chef wanna-be. She got her fame in upstate NY with no culinary talent. I've met her and she's VERY pretentious and obnoxious. I seriously wonder WHY she's been successful unless she's been sleeping with someone. I did enjoy the Food Channel until I was exposed to consecutive episodes of this plagiarizing and disgusting human being. I hope that her show's will someday soon be cancelled.

COOKIE

THIS SHOW IS ENTERTAINING AND INFORMATIVE. GIVE IT UP ON YOUR NEGATIVE COMMENTS.. DON'T WATCH IT OR GET YOUR OWN SHOW. IF YOU HAVE SO MUCH ENERGY TO CRITICIZE USE IT AND GET A LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dale Short

Cookie,
You have no culinary expertise what so ever......additionally I DON'T watch her show....why don't you inquire about her within the circle of fine chef's in this country???? She's a phony. Maybe if you met her, as I did, your opinion would change when she'd treat you like TRASH, as she does MOST of her audience.......by the way, I am highly educated in the science AND culinary fields.

Dimples

Rachael Ray Sux. I went to her show and it was boring. She just has a big loud mouth and interrupts her guests.

pissed!!