K-Fed's Money Ploy

11/9/2006 3:34 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned Kevin Federline was speaking to his lawyer about divorcing Britney Spears more than a month before she filed legal papers to end the marriage.

Sources say Federline was communicating with attorney Mark Vincent Kaplan, talking about divorcing Spears and angling to cash in on her fortune. Federline's right to money is extremely limited because of the prenup. TMZ knows the terms of the prenup, and they are not good news for K-Fed. We're told the only thing he'll get is less than 20% of the value of the couple's Malibu estate, valued at approximately $10 million, and spousal support for one year. We're told the support he'll get is less than $250,000.

As for reports that Britney e-mailed her hubby to inform him that she was about to file divorce papers, it simply is not true. Sources tell us that the couple has not been speaking for weeks, but e-mailing each other. She did not, however, talk about divorce in those e-mails. K-Fed learned of the divorce at the time TMZ broke the story that Spears had filed.

Sources say that at least for now, Spears will not comment on K-Fed's plan to fight her for custody of their two children. We know, however, that Spears sees K-Fed's move as nothing more than an attempt to score some money. He's banking on Spears forking over dough to avoid a fight; an unlikely outcome -- given the fact that she's represented by legal pit bull Laura Wasser. Also, if K-Fed got custody, he'd be entitled to a significant amount in child support.

ERIN

I think that Kevin Federline is a total loser. He doesn't deserve anything that he receives from her.

josh

You gotta love the pictures of K-Fed they keep using here....what a douche bag!

Swilson

He is a jack ass!! The entire country is thrilled that she is finally dumping his ass!! I hope that he ends up like Gary Coleman. VH1 might call him to be on the Sureal Life if he is lucky! Moron!

anthonysdreamgirl**

Ew, he's gross.

Jenny

TMZ, you guys rock! I don't know what I'd do without you guys!
As for Fed-Ex, he is worse than I thought he was. What a scumbag.. Can't wait to see Britney have an amazing comeback!!

MdM

What judge in their right mind would give him custody? Kiss her $$$ goodbye. What a moron! I hope CENA kicks his butt, and everyone stops giving him any time in the spotlight.

becca

He sure didnt bother to try & get custody of his kids with Shar now did he???????????

ANGIE

wahoooooooooo all i gotta say is
GO TEAM BRITNEY GO !!!

Milly

Kevin should have been saving all the money he received over the last 2 years from this marriage. We all knew this day was coming. I won my bet - I picked 2 years to the date..thanks for the $50.00 - Jen!!! He will not get custody of the children or any money added money other than what was agreed upon. If he does fight her he will be seen as an even bigger looser and gold digger. Kevin should go away for awhile and take care of his 4 children. Look for a job where he can make money. Remember Kevin if you never married Britney would still have nothing. Be grateful and move on. TAKE CARE OF YOUR CHILDREN!!

Barb

K Fed will just prove 100% that all the things people have been saying about him are true. The money has always been the target for this bum, and he will use his children just to get the money. If he was so concerned about child custody, why did he not fight to get custody of his children with Shar!?? Oh, and that will be another expense for him. He will have to pay his own child support for those 2, instead of having Brit pay for them! I am really loving this, seeing him get what he so richly deserves.

And, for everyone who is putting Britney down, if she is a nothing, why is this such a big story? Now that she is rid of him, she will make a wonderful comeback, and be the singer and star that she can be! Good luck Britney

Barb

Maybe he'll be on Dancing with the Stars next year!!! Not!

Brandi

He is a pitiful excuse of a MAN!!!!!!! Of course he is only trying to get more money. Without Brittney he is nothing!!!!!!!!!! I hope she sticks to her guns and does not give him a damn thing. 99% of the world thinks he is a joke. If I was him, I would be utterly embarrassed about all of this.But, it is obvious he had NO pride. I would ask Brittney for reasonable vistation with my kids and take what I agreed to in the pre nup and move on and try to make a nice life for me and all of my 4 kids.

dgoodwin

it is a run for the money as to who is the BIGGEST LOSER...federline or bobby brown...i really think whitney's case made britney think long and hard about being married to this moron who can't even speak plain english!

Jess

He is such a waste of space, what a vile, disgusting human being.
He is a joke to everyone but still thinks of himself as a star. What is he going to do now that Britney dumped his ass?? I was thinking a man of his talent had a future as a subway singer pan handleing for coins. Perhaps New York.

andy

I PRAY TO GOD BRIT HAS A GOOD LAWYER,BECAUSE THIS LOW LIFE IS SHOWING HIS TRUE COLORS, ALL HE WANTED WAS THAT POOR GIRLS MONEY. HE WANTS THE BABIES - WHEN SHE HAD BABY NO 2 HE WAS IN VEGAS PARTYING WITH HIS FRIENS INSTEAD OF STAYING AT HOME WITH HIS WIFE AND NEWBORN BABY WHAT A LOW LIFE BUM THIS JERK IS. HE'S NO MAN HE 'S JUST AFTER ONE THING M-O-N-E-Y !!!! BRIT GOT BURNED BIG TIME BY THIS BUM. HE MAKES ME WANT TO VOMIT FOR WHAT HE DID TO HER AND IS PLANGING TO TAKE HER TO THE BANK,HE SHOULD BE A MAN A GET A DAM JOB