K-Fed's Money Ploy

11/9/2006 3:34 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned Kevin Federline was speaking to his lawyer about divorcing Britney Spears more than a month before she filed legal papers to end the marriage.

Sources say Federline was communicating with attorney Mark Vincent Kaplan, talking about divorcing Spears and angling to cash in on her fortune. Federline's right to money is extremely limited because of the prenup. TMZ knows the terms of the prenup, and they are not good news for K-Fed. We're told the only thing he'll get is less than 20% of the value of the couple's Malibu estate, valued at approximately $10 million, and spousal support for one year. We're told the support he'll get is less than $250,000.

As for reports that Britney e-mailed her hubby to inform him that she was about to file divorce papers, it simply is not true. Sources tell us that the couple has not been speaking for weeks, but e-mailing each other. She did not, however, talk about divorce in those e-mails. K-Fed learned of the divorce at the time TMZ broke the story that Spears had filed.

Sources say that at least for now, Spears will not comment on K-Fed's plan to fight her for custody of their two children. We know, however, that Spears sees K-Fed's move as nothing more than an attempt to score some money. He's banking on Spears forking over dough to avoid a fight; an unlikely outcome -- given the fact that she's represented by legal pit bull Laura Wasser. Also, if K-Fed got custody, he'd be entitled to a significant amount in child support.

Melissa

Thank god when she married him her momma was there making sure she signed a good prenup agreement first or she would be in big trouble this time, sometimes overinvolved mothers can come in handy!

Shannon

Gosh, What a big suprise. Like he really wants the children??? Like he wanted his other two?? Sounds like he was just out for the Money. Maybe if he was a good "Rapper" then he wouldn't need his wife's Oops (ex-wife's) money or her reputation to make HIS music debut. Come on! EVERYONE knows that if not for his (ex-wife's) fame He's still be a Nothing. And one BIG QUESTION??? Does he Pay any child support for the other two??? (no, Not having his (Brit) pay for them.)I'm really tired of picking up the Slack for a DEAD BEAT PARENT!!!!, Damn how many children do you have to have before you get Snipped??? Most of us make an adult decission to only have what we can AFFORD to take care of. I really hope that He gets NOTHING, but if he does , My Advice to (SHAR) get the child support Up front, while he has the Money from his (EX) or you'll never see a dime.

Brandi

#10 I give it two weeks tops. He is news right now and everyone knows that's what Paris likes. Someone who is news worthy at the current time. The divorce is taking away Paris' spotlight. So, she will do what she does best, get involved with someone so she can be in their spotlight.

Melissa

I don't know why anyone is feeling badly for her, what kind of man did she think she was getting? Britney was not clueless. She knew he left a pregnant woman for her, he knew he cheated on that woman in doing so, did she not think that showed very flawed character?
She could have had almost any man she wanted, I still can't wrap my mind around why she chose one like him.

Josh

In my country Stars dance on you!

Melissa

Good point Barb, more people should be asking why he would want custody of Brit's kids but not his own by Shar? That's the 100 million dollar question!

andy

EVERYONE -IF JACKASS FED-EX DIDN'T CARE ABOUT HIS 2 BABIES WHEN THEY WERE MARRIED ,WHY WHOULD HE CARE ABOUT THENM WHEN HE ISN'T MARRIED TO HER ,HOW MANEY TIMES DID WE SEE HIM WITH THEM KIDS ,WHAT 3 TIMES. I BET HE GOT HER PREGS JUST TO GET MORE MONEY FROM HER THAT WAS HIS MAIN GOAL MARRYING HER MONEY, HE LFT HIS GIRLFRIEND SHAR 6 MONTH'S PREG. TO GO WITH BRIT HE SAW $$$$$$$$$ RIGHT NOW PEOPLE HATE HIM JUST LIKE THEY HATE OJ AND SCOTT PETERSON.

PUBLIC SAFETY IS AT STAKE

#15 -- More like "Leeching Off the Stars."

Emma J

Just a thought...maybe he should call the other celeb who is being cut off from a fortune....Tori Spelling. He could be the bellboy at her B&B. lol

TASHA SALAD

You know Paris' legs are like tuning forks. Everytime a guy comes within 100 yards, her stank vag starts to tingle. She will do it just to get some scandal and headlines and go back to being the dirty party slut she is. I hope Brit beats her bleach-blond ass, too!

Mad Balls

Sources close to the Federline camp have confided in me the list of "Other things " that Mr . Federline would require from this divorce ...
1. My shinney shinney Bling Bling I keep holded up in yo Fo' face !
2. My Earing 'cause now idts worth mo' dan my House !
3. My Vines ...I widt be able to use them 'til I am old and gray and bein in style !
4. My Huge disc collection ...no not odder artists ..... just my unsold Discs ..Fo'
5. My Vanilla Ice disc collection
6. My pics from Vegas .. and Brit I was not widt' dat Ho !...she was a dancer !!
7. My extensive collection of pictures of me Smirking !
8. My huge assortment of shoe lifts !
9. My Blackberry widt the phone numbers of me ex girlfriends I dumped for udder ex girlfriends !
10 . My zits cream so I can cover my whole frikin' body !

youngmiss

Dear K-FAG!! You cant Rap..But heres my Rap to you sucka!

You wanksta,poser ,wanna be ganksta, you suck a$$ you have no class, your album tanked now your out on your a$$! you thief of hearts, stinky little fart, go back to fresno you dumb pop-tart, you have no flava u silly-a$$ wigga, u aint nothn' but a damn gold-digga! U'r a 2 bit tramp, u cant dance,now u'r grab'n straws robb'n brit's fortune it's your last chance, but she aint stupid just got struck by cupid, but now she's back you got no hope, so go crawl back under the rock you came from and smoke your dope,WIGGA!!!!!

LOL!>..Hahahaa. see even i can rap better than that fag's piehole!!..hahahahahahaahahahahaaa you suck Fed-ex wanna be!!!

Peace!!!

Peace!

JennyJenJen

Someone, PLEASE! just shoot this f***er! He makes me sick.

Swilson

Paris stay the HELL AWAY from the K-Fag!! He is such a loser! Don't give us anymore excuses to call you a whore!

Jasmine

Good Job Brit. He'll be crying forever now that you left him. He will finally realize how good he had it, and how he lost it all. He should just stay away from Brit's kids, he never took care of them before why now?