The Lights AREN'T On and Anna Is Home

11/13/2006 2:14 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Anna Nicole Smith had her power turned off on Friday, and it wasn't pretty.

The drama played out in the Bahamas, where Smith has been living with her newborn baby and attorney Howard K. Stern. Smith's former "friend," G. Ben Thompson, claims to own the property and wants her out.

Last Friday, Thompson contacted the power company rep to pull the plug.

Without warning, Anna had no juice for her hairdryer, no power to watch herself on "E.T." -- nothing. Four hours later, after lots of threats from her lawyer, the power company agreed to a temporary reprieve until today.

But wait, there's more! Thompson and his son-in-law flew to the Bahamas on Friday and the son-in-law got on the property and served Smith with an eviction lawsuit. We're told Smith ran back inside the house and then appeared on the balcony and, in classic antebellum style, began screaming: "You get off this property. This is a gift and I ain't ever leaving. And I'll show you, Ben, you ain't never gonna see the baby again! You did a declaration for that f***head Larry Birkhead!"

For the record, we're informed that Smith told Thompson back in May that he was the father, only to learn that it was impossible because he had a vasectomy several years ago. Birkhead, Smith's former boyfriend, is currently suing to establish paternity.

We should know by the end of the day if Anna will be burning candles tonight.

JURY OF YOUR PEERS

You can go to the TMZ main page, look on the left side columns, and under “Hot Celebs” you will see Anna Nicole Smith (31), click on that name, and it will pull up all the TMZ articles about ANS.

Also go to the BahamasB2B.com/news site and type in "Anna Nicole Smith" in the SEARCH box on the top right corner, and it will bring up all of the ANS articles. Be sure to read the COMMENTS at the bottoms of the articles.

As u taught me

Stef
What mag are the photos in?
That is so interesting. Howard is going to be in so much trouble just for those charges.

jan

I FOR ONE KNOWS WHAT ANNA IS GOING THRU. I RECENTLY LOST MY SON WHEN A BUILDING HE WAS WORKING ON COLLAPSED AND FELL ON HIM AND KILLED HIM INSTANTLY. BE SORRY FOR HER. NO MORE CHRISTMAS, NO MORE BIRTHDAYS AND NO MORE SMILING FACES FOR HER OR ME.

the wise old owl

Post # 308 jan : I am so sorry for your loss. I lost a son too and the pain is indiscribable. Only someone who goes through that, understands the grief and the devestation. The pain and empiness will never go away. But in time it will get managable The support of family and friends will help also. God Bless your son.

When I first heard about the death of Daniel I felt immediate compassion, empathy and sorrow for her. But as the facts began to emerge and I found that Daniels over dose came from " Anna's Methodone ". My compassion turned to concern for Dannilynns enviorment. Anna's reckless parenting skills put her daughter's safety in parol.

It's tragic enough to lose a love one by accident, a natrual disaster, or some mishap. But can you imagine HAVING ANYTHING TO DO AT ALL WITH CAUSE OF YOUR SON'S DEATH ??? My God. Now this is something I could NEVER forgive myself for. For sure I would need theropy.

Your son was lucky. You sound like a nurturing, caring mother who put the needs of her son 1st. Anna didn't do that. Daniel deserved better. Say lots of prayers for Dannilynn. She is going to need them. My deepest and sincerest condolences on the loss of your son.

Patty

Owl......(((((hug)))))).....

Jan, I give you my deepest condolences for your son and your family. As a mother myself, I can't imagine. I'm sorry I don't share your feelings about ANS. I did initially, I think everyone did, what a horror! But as the facts came out, and ANS and HKS started showing true behavior in the face of what should have been torrential grief, I lost all empathy for them. Daniel is in a better place, and now my prayers go to his little sister Dannielynn. She has no voice to speak for herself, so she can't say "Please help me". And now she's being raised in an unsafe, unclean home by a drug addict. Of all ANS's behavior, none of it speaks out of putting her son's death or her daughter's future first, it sounds like all she cares about is herself, and hopes the rest make it through the ride.

Jan, once again, my prayers to you. But not to ANS, even for her loss. After finding out HOW her loss happened, my concern and thoughts are all about the little 3 month old Dannielynn.

christa

anna nicole defines white trash how many more men is she going to list as the father to that poor child. she is way too old to be playing games like she is. even brittney spears has class next to anna nicole. before it is over with anna will be on the maury show aasking him to test the 30th man to see if he is the daddy

whocares

Anna Nicole should stop trying mooching off of everyone. Geeze, can she earn her own stuff?

Not a fan

While I tend to "side" with the owner of the house, what idiot hands the keys to his mansion to ANS?

And what's the deal with HKS? Does he actually practice law? Was he ever actually her attorney?

Carole Doesn't Care

I am sorry when anyone loses a child. That said....I'll bet there's a trailer park in Alabama that would let her in.

Patty

I'm not 100% positive on this, but I think that there has to be a decision made on the home by the developer, Ben Thompson. If the house was appraised at $950,000 and he sold it to her for that, he also said he had it newly remodeled, new generator, and generally refurbished, which I would guess what probably close to another $500,000. Every home Anna has lived in, she's let her pets urinate and defecate all over the house, they do NOT go outside, she doesn't cook, so you can imagine the take outs and in general, restaurant garbage all over, and in general, she's ruined every home she's lived in. (Now imagine a 3mth old baby growing up in that environment with a methadone addicted parent.) Pretty pic, eh?

If Ben Thompson is able to get the home back, the cost to bring it back to resale value might be more than what it cost originally to refurbish it. He might be better off just getting the money from Anna and leaving it at that. Otherwise he's deeper in the hole than what he started with. Anna is a pig and a truly heinous person for doing this to someone she outright lied to and someone who was just trying to help her as a pregnant woman, trying to keep an "ex" relationship civil. She stabbed him right in the back, and continues to do so. I can't imagine the Islanders wanting her to stay, but I bet with the gov't, they may just allow her. I don't live on the island so I'd love to hear what the Islanders are reading about this situation in their papers.

gemima

someone had better bitch slap her back to the bowling alley...

Patty

TMZ you've done it again.......just temporarily posted something and then erased it like it was never there. Now that raises a couple questions in my mind. Did you make the story up thinking that it WOULD be true by tomorrow? Or is it true and there is a gag order that all media has to abide by? Or did LB himself, or ANS and HKS calling from their tin cans from the Islands request it off because of the impending appeal? I would really like to know, and I'm sure lots of others would as well. I know you've noticed there are many "regulars" on TMZ and I think at the very least we deserve some sort of explanation due to all the research WE'VE put in as well. If it wasn't for the controversial research, some of your blog sites would stay at 2 pages, rather than 20 something. Please TMZ, allow us some info?

stef

As You Taught...
Sorry it has taken me so long to respond...I did a very stupid think by attempting to go Xmas shopping which was a HUGE mistake. I shudder to think of the parking lot at our mall!
The pics were either in this week's Globe or Enquirer-sorry, I can't remember which one. I give my magazines to my neighbor when I'm done so she has them.
I saw the clip they did on ET last night with Anna and the baby-that baby is absolutely a doll-those big blue eyes and now she's smiling. I hope her brother takes good care of her from heaven as her guardian angel.

Stef

stef

Oh Jan, (#308), I am so very, very sorry to hear about your son. I truly mean that. As I wrote before, I have a very sick 16 year old daughter (nothing terminal but she's been out of high school for 2 years now due to her illness and has seen a total of 17 MD's throughout the state of PA over the past year alone) I really and truly feel for AN, I honestly do. As the saying goes, 'No parent should bury a child.' (I'm sorry, I don't mean to upset you) AN has been acting wacky for a long, long time but she loved Daniel with every ounce she had and he loved his mom right back. I hope and pray for that little girl of hers because she's a doll-I hope she has a loving and normal life. You take care Jan, and post on here if you need to chat, anytime!

Stef

stef

Patty, Patty, Patty, (#322)-you have outdone yourself with this posting! Way to go! Get us some answers! All the time we've devoted discussing this!!!! You rule!

Stef