Oprah BFF Betrayed By Hubby?

11/14/2006 10:54 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Oprah's best friend Gayle King tells the world today that it was her husband that cheated on her during their marriage. In a segment with guest Will Smith on her XM Satellite Radio show this morning, as Rush & Molloy report, she tells Smith, "I was married to a cheater. I went to marital counseling. I have been divorced since 1993, so I'm all healed and everything." King's lawyer ex-husband, with whom she has two children, did not return the Daily News' requests for comment. Our calls to King's husband were not immediately returned. Gayle, who went with Oprah on a well-chronicled cross-country trip, has repeatedly denied any suggestion that she and Oprah are anything but best (straight) friends.

Queen Latifah Won't Touch Your Card
Beware for your business cards if you decide to try to hand one to Queen Latifah. The R&B diva was approached by a fellow actor, "Law & Order's" Bill Burns, who tried to give her his business card. She not only wouldn't take it, according to Page Six, she prompted a friend to "rip it to pieces and throw it on the ground." The Post adds that the "friend" then made some disparaging racial remarks to Burns (who is white). No word on what might have triggered the outburst, and her reps say the tale is "completely untrue."

Brangelina Put Fake Wedding on Ice
Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie were going to be married Wednesday – or, rather, wax figures of the pair were, at least until the couple put kibosh on fake nuptials that Madame Tussaud's in Las Vegas wanted to perform.

Brangelina are all the way over in India while Jolie shoots her latest film, but Tussaud's was going to put on a faux wedding to commemorate the unveiling of its Jolie figure. But the couple's reps said no way: "I personally found it a little odd that they were re-creating a wedding that never really happened," said Cindy Guagenti, Brad's rep. George Clooney (the wax one) was slated to be the "best man," and witnesses and guests would've included Liberace, John Wayne, and (the real?) Ben Affleck.

Meanwhile, Brad and Angelina were spotted visiting yet another Indian orphanage last week, fuelling even more speculation that they will come back from India with a new adopted child, according to In Touch Weekly. The couple gave the children toys and Brad got down on the floor and entertained the tots.

"Grey's Anatomy" Star Pompeo Engaged
Ellen Pompeo, star of ABC's hit hospital drama "Grey's Anatomy," has gotten engaged to her boyfriend of nearly three years, music producer Chris Ivery, reports Us Weekly. The pair met in an L.A. grocery store, according to the mag, but didn't go on a date with him until six months later. The couple were engaged on Friday and Pompeo sported a 3.5-carat emerald-cut sparkler by Tacori. The couple have not set a date or location for their nuptials.

Party Favors: Katie Spends $3K on Bridal Unmentionables ... Naomi Smacks Man (Accidentally) with Purse ... Eva Not Doing Lesbian Flick with Beyonce
Considering that she might be paying an absurd (and borderline irresponsible) $2 million-plus reportedly for her Armani wedding gown, the fact that she's paying over $3,000 for her lingerie, according to MSNBC, actually seems like a bargain ... Naomi Campbell, says Page Six, was in an L.A. department store recently when she accidentally hit a man with her very large purse. She apologized. No charges were filed. ... Eva Longoria smacks down rumors that she might be doing a lesbian "Brokeback Mountain" with Beyonce Knowles, calling the rumor "completely and absolutely not true."

lissabell

2 million for a dress, for that price I would hope it would make you have orgasims every few minutes!

the wise old owl

Everytime I read something about Oprah and Gayle just being "FRIENDS " I have to laugh. They're freinds alright. Just friends that sleep with each other. It is a well known fact in the Entertainment Business that Oprah is gay. She never had a real relationshjp with Stedman. That was just her " beard ". AFter a friend of mine was guest on her show over 8 years ago. She came back with tales of how obvious it was that Oprah was gay. All touchy feely , pinching butts and displaying inappropriate behavior towards female staffers It wasn't like she was trying to hide it.

They have already done a poll asking viewers if they would tune out if they found out Oprah was gay. 87% said they could care less. I have known Oprah is gay for years and so do many others. We just don't care. Why she and Gayle continue to deny this is really stupid. The only thing I can think of is that she is scared people will judge her and she will lose her popularity. Whatever. It wouldn't surprise me one bit to find out that Stedman is gay too.

THe only person Oprah is in love with is Gayle. Like Rosie O'Donnell said " She's sort of gay. She's just isn't doing it " . Yeah right Rosie. There's some carpet munching going on there for sure. NIether one of those two are getting any wienies. ( unless it's one they keep in their top drawer )

Gayle's ex- husband claims that Oprah's non stop flowers, the courting , and expensive trips for Gayle lead to break up of their marriage. He just couldn't compete.

THe reason he is not returning calls now regarding Gayle's claim that he " cheated " is because the "HUSH MONEY" he received prohibits him from doing that. DAHHHHHHHHHHHH. These 2 will be together for life. Don't expect a man to coming between these two unless he is gay. ha....ha......lol Only people in the mid-west believe that Oprah is straight. Get a life.

Zoe

Newsflash. Brokeback Mountain wasn't the first gay film ever made. And calling the film adaptation of the book "Tipping The Velvet" a "lesbian Brokeback Mountain" is retarded. There are no similarities between the stories of Brokeback Mountain and Tipping The Velvet. TTV happens to be an awesome book and an incredible miniseries. I'm glad Sofia Coppola is thinking of adapting it for American audiences, and I didn't like her initial casting choices anyway.

lissabell

Queen LaFatty is a fat piece of garbage and it looks like someone should take a pointy object, poke her with it and drain all the fat out of her.

What the Heck!!!!!

I AM SO SICK OF THIS,I HAVE TWO CHILDREN AND I AM SO SICK OF SEEING BRANGELINA WITH THERE TWO KIDS, WIN I AM IN THE MOOD I DO LIKE TO VENT ON THESE TWO , THE MEDIA THROWS THIS SH*T IN ARE FACES AND THROWS FAKE FABRICATED F*** CONSTANTLY AND YEAH OUT OF ANGER BECAUSE I DONT WANT TO SEE THESE TWO SH*TS ANYMORE AND AND POSITIVE FALSE F***ING REMARKS ABOUT THERE ASSES, NOT ONLY DID THIS WOMEN HAVE SELF ESTEEM AS A PINDROP AND THE KIND OF PAST HISTORY THAT THIS WOMEN HAS AND THE SH*TY TATTOOS THAT SHE HAS THAT THIS WOMEN BECAME THE.GOODWILL AMBASSADOR FOR THE UNITED MOTHERF***ING NATIONS.AND NOT ONLY THAT SHE IS PLACED IN THE MEDIA LIKE SHE IS SOME DAINTY F***,AND I AM SO SICK OF SEEING ALL THESE ARTICLES IN THE WORLD NEWS AND IN THE NEWS STANDS ABOUT HER BEING PREGNANT ,EXCUSE MY LANGUAGE TO ALL THE MOTHERS IN THE WORLDAND I HAVE CHILDREN TWO BUT THIS WOMEN IS NO SPECIAL THAN ANYBODY ELSE AND YES THATS ALL SLUTS ARE MADE FOR IS TO F*** GET KNOCKED up 247 BE A COW USE YOUR TITS AND HAVE BITCHES.THERE ARE KIDS NOW AT 12 THAT READ INTO THIS ***** (READ ON HOW TO GET PREGNANT),AND TO ALL THE OBSESSED BRANGELINA PEOPLE THAT HARASS OTHER INDIVIDUALS WHO IN ACTUALITY MAKE TRUE STATEMENTS ON REALITY ON THESE TWO INDIVIDUALS (STOP BEING IN THE TWILIGHT ZONE)THIS WOMEN IS NOT ANY SPECIAL THAN ANY ONE OF US AND YES SHE IS NOT THAT ATTRACTIVE YOU HEARD ME ,WIERD FRAMEBUG EYES ,SUNKIN IN CHEAKS WOMEN,AS A MATTER OF FACT NOT ONLY I SEE WOMEN WALKING IN THE MALL WHO ARE MORE ATTRACTIVE THAN HER,IN THE WHOLE MOTHERF***ING WORLD HAS MILLIANS OF ATTRACTIVE ,AND WOMEN THAT ARE EXTREMELY ATTRACTIVE AS A MATTER OF FACT I DO NOT EVEN THINK SHE IS THE MOST ATTRACTIVE WOMEN IN HOLLYWOODBLVD.YEAH I SAID THAT SO GO AHEAD AND EXPRESS THE ACTUALL TRUTH PEOPLE.

Rachel

alice, you are quite the lady. i can only imagine what your kid's vocabulary must be like. do they greet their teacher in the morning with "hey motherf***er?"
classy gal

Rachel

Thanks TMZ for the constant stories on Cruise boy. His "Q" rating just keeps getting lower and lower. Pretty soon Carrot Top will surpass him.

Land Shark

I think it's been a long time since Katie Holmes took a good picture. What's with her hair? It looks like her bangs are all ripped up, and she needs a weave.

sam

ALICE YOUR UGLY IS SHOWING. AND BY THE WAY, quit yelling. We aren't listening anyway.

shoutitout

I think it is socially irresponsible to spend 2 million dollars on a friggin' wedding dress. How many people could be fed?, people inflicted with aids medicated ?and communities enhanced with community social programs?The "celebrities" get everything for free to wear, this is publicized . I know that if this is true that her dress really cost 2 million, then she is as void of expression and feeling that I thought she was. Entirely pathetic.

TJ

Wise Old Owl sounds homophobic. Owl you can come out of the closet..we don't care that you're gay and trying to cover it up with your gay bashing posts. No one gives a hoot what your sexuality is..stop dwelling on it.

Cassandra

Thank God it was Queen Latifah he tried to give the business card to. Can you imagine what would have happened if he tried to give a card to a rapper or hip hop artist.?
Or, what if guy called her the N word and he would be the racist. Blacl people are racist against their own color. Lighter you are the more jealous they are.
I worked in an office, predominately black and the black women bithched about how light skin this one was or she's trying to pass.Sickening.

JULIE

2 F***ING MILLION DOLLARS ON A F***ING WEDDING DRESS????????????????? WHAT THE F*** EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Marissa

First let me start off with just a FEW of the MANY wealthy, black individuals whom I love and totally respect - so that these lame people who say "you're just a jealous racist who doesn't like black money" can get off my nuts.

Condaleeza Rice
Colin Powell
James Earl Jones
Mogran Freeman
Vivica Fox
Dave Chapelle
Chris Rock
Chris Tucker
Ice Cube
Vanessa Williams

And the list can go on, but the point I want to make is that, I lose ALL respect for you once you are a noted racist.

Be you black, white, asian, half, hawaiian, doesn't matter. If you're a racist a**hole, you're a racist a**hole. And Oprah is a racist a**hole. And Queen Latifah is a racist a**hole. I have absolutely no respect for either of these two and from here on out pledge never to buy covergirl products or books on Oprah's list.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2