Bogus Report Circulating That Tom Hanks Has Died

11/16/2006 12:46 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

A report is swirling around the Internet that Tom Hanks died this morning after falling off a cliff in New Zealand during a movie shoot. TMZ is told by New Zealand authorities that the report is totally bogus.

An official from Interpol, the police in Wellington, New Zealand, confirms to TMZ that no report of an accidental death has been taken and they are certain no such incident occurred.

TMZ has obtained a photo of Tom Hanks taken just yesterday in Ontario, California, during the filming of "Charlie Wilson's War."
Screenshot of Bogis Tom Hanks report

It appears fakeawish.com, a website that touts hoaxes, is responsible for the fake story.

jride

OMG don't scare me like that.......i love tom hanks, he is wonderful no matter what type of role he is playing in, funny or serious!! he is the best actor we have these days, and a class act kind of guy.

Patty

Don't you think it would of been on all the News this morning? Why don't these reporters do there jobs responsibly before the family hears this...Its a cruel report if its ot true.....

DeeBee

I didn't find it even remotely entertaining. Have we as a society become so desensitized to sensationalism that someone, anyone would find this kind of B/S amusing? I hope not.

Barry Beck

That same damn cliff did in Paul Newman. Unreal!!!!

jhud fan

Tom Hanks becomes uglier with age. He also cheated on his wife.

Marilyn Hughes

Tom Hanks is one of the best actors we have ever had! And for this rumor to travel around is just sickening! Why? Well first of all this is just a way for a crapy web site to make some $ an d to get people to look at their site! And for 2nd I do not trust a lot of the news and crap I hear! All the news does is tell us what they want us to know and that's it! I love Tom Hanks he is just remarkable! Road to Perdition was one of my favs along with Green Mile, Forest Gump, Saving Private Ryan, among a million more!! There isn't a movie that he is in that I haven't or wont watch!! Love him!! And as for his religion... Who cares what religion people are that does not matter! Everyone has their own life & belifs, it does not affect me so it's not my buisness!! But oh I forgot I guess every single move a celeb makes it everynes buisness! Why cant celeb have normal lives without everyone runnning around attacking them and trying find out what kind of toliet tissuse they use to wipe their a**?!! Sme things ok, but leave them alone and let them have a life!! And also you know most of the celbs love relationships break up just because of this crap... everyong butting in and causing problems!! Anyways.. I Love Ya Tom Hanks & you are a wonderful & brillant actor & nothing & no one can change that!!!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2