Emmitt Smith -- The Next Regis?

11/16/2006 1:54 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Emmitt Smith"Dancing with the Stars" champ Emmitt Smith is a hot commodity in entertainment these days.

Well-placed industry sources tell TMZ that Smith has had discussions with at least one major studio about hosting his own talk show.

Smith's "likability" may have catapulted him to the top of the heap on "Dancing." Some TV execs apparently think it will translate into daytime ratings.

Wicked

Love, love, love Emmitt. I would definitely watch his if he had his own talk show. He is a doll.

Tonka2

You bet! After all, he's a Florida Gator! ;)

jride

i was never a fan of the dallas cowboys, but after being obssessed with dancing with the stars, i just love emmitt's spirit!! great entertainer, and i would check out his talk show if he had one..it would be fun!

luvbny

definately would watch! I would add it to my DVR list!!! right on emmit, way to go winning last night.......

alice summers

Emmitt personified all the good things in people... he was not a dancer in the beginning, but put forth his very best effort, and showed that he could make it. Mario was a great dancer to begin with, so he did not have as "far to go" to learn the dances as did Emmitt. That's what it's all about! Improving! (Plus he's a great big lovable teddy bear with a killer smile). What people in other parts of the country don't know, is the Emmitt gives away tons of money to the impoverished in and around Pensacola, Florida, his home town. He helps with food at Thanksgiving, and toys, etc., at Christmas. He is just wonderful, and deserved to win. Go, Emmitt!!!

sandy

Being a Patriot football fan .....I must now break it to my son that the Patriots don't have men that look like Emmitt........what a smile that man has????? yes I would tune into his show .....just to look at him..........sorry Rodney !! Dallas Cowboys " for me.............

Bill

Being successful in one venue does not mean success in another. I, too, watched each week and towards the middle my wife and I started to vote. The show was very entertaining. However likeable Emmitt was on the show, I do not see that translating into a watchable talkshow. Besides, we have way too many people trying to make that switch now. How many have lasted in the past? Wouldn't want Emmitt to fall into that trap.

Afiya

Loved Emmitt & Cheryl...they were radiant...go E&C!! Mario & Karina were sore losers...booo them.

JJ

SEEMS LIKE A GREAT GUY AND DAD....

Trish

Love Emmitt and Mario together. How about a show with them as co-hosts???

Not interested in a sports talk show. Sorry.

Betsy

I really like Emmitt but I do think Mario is a better dancer!

anti-oprah

What a damn joke!! OVERRATED !!!

jrw

I enjoyed the elephants dancing in Fantasia too but I wouldn't want to see any one of them as a talk show host.

M.Z.

WAY TO GO EMMITT AND CHERYL...I AM HAPPY FOR BOTH OF YOU. I AGREE MARIO AND KARINA ARE SORE LOSERS ESPECIALLY THAT KARINA GIRL, THE WAY SHE WAS ACTING...

Dan

Emmit and Cheryl were great! I can't say enough about both of them. What an excellent teacher and student. How about a show with both as host and co-host??? Screw Mario.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments