FOX Cuts and Runs on OJ

11/20/2006 5:45 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

OJ SimpsonCommon sense and good taste seem to have prevailed: FOX has decided to pull the plug on both its planned OJ Simpson book and television interview special, "O.J. Simpson: If I Did It, Here's How It Happened."

Good.

News Corporation Chairman and CEO Rupert Murdoch said today, "I and senior management agree with the American public that this was an ill-considered project. We are sorry for any pain this has caused the families of Ron Goldman and Nicole Brown-Simpson."

Gen-X

"9. Why do you put picture of a black-man and make him look crazy. OJ was found innocent and because of the racist media they have denied him of his rights. It doesn't matter, his book will sell very well , in-spite of your racist campaign."

Shakeem, you are probably the only person still around who believes OJ is innocent.

And we have the one issue black/white/red/yellow can finally agree on: the guy did it and he's guilty.

sam

OMG. The world may implode! I guess I have to say the words I never ever thought I would say. Thanks Rupert, you did the right thing.

MrPoet

It great to see that some people still haven't figured it out, 2 people killed by one man with a knife. So one waited to be killed watching the other be knifed to death and then stepped up to be killed next by OJ, By the way I would wait to be killed while watching someone being knifed. Some of you people just don't get it, there is no way 1 man killed 2 people and neither could run to get away....this is shameful to see this level of racist comments......Do you think one person could kill two people at the same time......they we killed by more than one person, maybe OJ hired killers....that is a possibility, but him being able to kill me and someone else at the same time without a gun, forget it.....I could never happen!!! Some of you need to get a clue, badly.

Just sayin'

They shouldn't have ever even thought about doing it, sad that it took public outrage to make them step back and reconsider, but good that they're doing the right thing finally.

Of course, anything that has ever been written or taped will end up on the Internet eventually (right, Britney?) but at least that sleaze won't profit (right, Fed-Ex?)

sam

Gen-X, uh I doubt the book will sale. I heard they've cancel that as well. Any one else hear this?

Sandbox

Hey MrPoet.....go back and read the trial transcripts....DUH

sam

Yeah no killer has ever killed two people at once....or wait no that's like a really dumb statement to make. Sorry. Never mind!

Sandbox

One other thing MrPoet.....you need spellcheck, badly.

Chrissy

Shakeem - Quit jumping to conclusions. TMZ isn't being racist by showing that picture of OJ. OJ is a crazy SOB killer and everyone, black, white, purple, and orange knows it. It wouldn't matter if he was white, everyone would still think he is a POS.

Quit trying to make it a racial isue.

Crapanzano

Bill O'Reilly and OJ are the same. Well sort of. They both tell lies so huge that they cannot be confused with facts. I would love to see a luffa battle between OJ and Bill over Ann (I love to make stuff up) Colture. Okay, maybe not the TMZ video, I that is better left to the print media... Yeck!

Carole

The Fox Station (incidently, not affitiated with Bill O'Reilly's station by his own public admission) has dishonored itself by making arrangements to air this disgusting interview with O.J. Simpson. They removed it from their line-up because of the back lash of decent people who protested it, but their initial intent to run it is still a black mark against them. A last minute pullout does not clean their image; they just exercised good business sense in the end. Their hearts are still what they are.......compromised, and without ethics!

Judy

Thank God, that the Goldman's and the Brown's don't have to listen to his bullshit the same bullshit they listened to at the trial........its hard enough to lose a child let alone in the way they lost Nicole and Ron, I am sure they relive that nightmare over and over again. Mr. OJ can find another way to make money to live his high lifestyle on the graves of those two people he killed.

Marianne

I was one of many who asked Fox to reconsider giving this psychopathic murderer the attention he so desperately craves & thank God they have come to their senses! Shakeem, get real!! It is due to racism that this lunatic was found not guilty and is running around free right now instead of jailed for life!! OJ had no use for the black community until he got himself into this mess, and inflamed them to get out of it !!!

Chad

WHY IS IT THAT SOME BLACKS THINK OJ BEING PROTRAYED IN A NEGATIVE LIGHT IS "RACIST"?

I'm black, and to be honest...some of my "brothas and sistas" make me sick.

Let me give it to you straight: this is a celebrity tabloid website. That means, that REGARDLESS of what race you are...you can and will be subject to negative comments and press.

White celebrities get negative press all the time (Britney, Paris, Lindsay...the list goes on and on).

Black celebs get negative press, and certain black people feel the need to come to this board and claim "racism".

This just feeds into the stereotype that we as black people have nothing better to do than cry "racism" 24/7.

Delta

He was found innocent. Thats true, but lets do a poll as to how many actually think that he had nothing to do with it. Thats beside the point, but I would agree with all of the applauding. I agree with "Coastal". It wouldn't matter if he was white, latino, black, etc, people would view him the same. The book shows that he is crazy. Why would he want to write a book about his role in "a murder he didn't have anything to do with". Like its a joke to him. Thats sick.