'Kramer's' Racist Tirade

Caught on Tape

11/20/2006 10:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

WARNING: WHAT YOU ARE ABOUT TO SEE IS PROFANE AND RACIAL

Michael Richards exploded in anger as he performed at a famous L.A. comedy club last Friday, hurling racial epithets that left the crowd gasping, and TMZ has obtained exclusive video of the ugly incident.

Richards, who played the wacky Cosmo Kramer on the hit TV show "Seinfeld," appeared onstage at the Laugh Factory in West Hollywood. Kyle Doss, an African-American, told TMZ he and some friends were in the cheap seats and he was playfully heckling Richards when suddenly, the comedian lost it.

The camera started rolling just as Richards began his attack, screaming at one of the men, "Fifty years ago we'd have you upside down with a f***ing fork up your ass."

Richards continued, "You can talk, you can talk, you're brave now motherf**ker. Throw his ass out. He's a nigger! He's a nigger! He's a nigger! A nigger, look, there's a nigger!"

The crowd is visibly and audibly confused and upset. Richards responds by saying, "They're going to arrest me for calling a black man a nigger."

One of the men who was the object of Richard's tirade was outraged, shouting back "That's un-f***ing called for, ain't necessary."

After the three-minute tirade, it appears the majority of the audience members got up and left in disgust.

Attempts to reach Richards' reps were unsuccessful.

Richards Racial Rant -- Play Video

J Bridge

3243
"Even countries, like Nigeria, that have tremendous natural resource wealth, are for the most part poor because the rich at the top have no intention of sharing the profits. That's real racism."

You mean the rich white and arab people at the top? Like the IMF, WHO, G8, OPEC, Debeers? All the imperialists who have been raping Africa for centuries?

John

Awesome. Those unruly and mannerless "brothers" heard what every one of them should hear in that situation. This should also apply to movie theaters. If you're going to be talking and adding your own commentary, you shouldn't go to the comedy show anyway. Those hecklers just ruined the experience for everyone else in attendance. Additionally, that's not a very sensible way for them to spend their welfare check money.

DB

Why aren't there any pictures of black celebrities in the link to "Prejudice Stars"?

A Black Person

Hey Mary my white nigger sista,
How are you doing tonight? Are you still breast feeding your half sibling (I mean baby). I think you are very intelligent, keep holding it down for all the trailer trash white nigger sistas, and the racist, (I mean proud) little dick white niggers. And stay proud of your incest, I mean relationship.
Love you my white nigger sista

Aaron

what the hell is the problem? the word Nigger just means ignorant (even though the white people in the old days made it sounds way worse) those people were being ignorant so he called them on it. I'm not racist against people of color but I am racist against assholes and it just so happens that most black people are ASSHOLES!! You don't know how many times I've almost gotten my ass kicked by black dudes, they always start shit for no reason and they almost never get called on it due to the fact that they scare people. Obviously Michael Richards isn't scared and I commend him for what he did.

The bottom line is they deserved it, I'm so tired of this racial crap. People are people, if you fuck up you get the consequences and in this case they were called niggers and I don't think Michael Richards should have to apologize...........CASE CLOSED.

J Bridge

3273. Wow this aint right. I am an Irish fella born and bred. We are considered the black of europe, getting called stupid paddy or mick by the english but this is outa line

I came here to get away from bombings and hatred only to find it here worse
but no one ever really gets in trouble if they have a stack of cash.

The truth is getting out......

zg73

For the love of God and all that is holy.....Mike Richards has absolutely nothing on some of the people commenting on his tirade.

May the love of God flood your hearts and cleanse your minds and spirits.

MM

I believe if appropriate steps were taken to remove the hecklers so other paying guests could enjoy the show they paid to see then this whole event never would have happened. It's a shame that he was driven to such a degree of defensiveness that this awful word came out. I'm sure he hears it so often in the comedy clubs it's almost second nature to have it in the back of his mind. I am a white girl with a black boyfriend and he watches BET all the time. I try to get into the comedy, but they use the "N" word 100 times in 1/2 an hour. I begged him to stop watching it one time because it was making me insane. He said it didn't bother him and he was going to continue watching the comedian say it over and over again. I became so insensed that I too used the "N" word and said it over and over again and my boyfriend was aghast that I had uttered the word. I now have to leave the room when he has any show on that applauds the use of this word. To me, I don't care if you use the word in anger or in comedy, it's just not right and should not be used by anyone. Maybe if we let the word die, the prejudism would die?

Fred

3883. I know Michael personaly and I can say he's is "NO" racsist...He just hates, Ni@@ers, Sp!cs, K!kes and Towelheads....LOL"
Posted at 11:09AM on Nov 21st 2006 by Dumb White Guy"

Sounds like somebody needs a hug. Come here little monkey..., come here little monkey...

HitekConsulting.com

Visit http://www.hitekconsulting.com for all of your IT needs.

Most of these comments are off topic. Mr. Richards was cleary raged. Does that give him the right to spue racial slurs? Of course it does...it's his right. But does that give us the right to have to like him, disklike him, or agree with him, disagree with him? Sure it does, that's our right too. Was he wrong?. Was the heckler wrong? It doesn't matter. Because when it's all said an done... this is America. And in America, we are comprised of differenct cultures, beliefs, values, and morales. Racism has existed, and will always exist. Its your choice whether you want to feed into it or not, by becoming one or opposing it. Is an apology from Mr. Richards going to change anything...no it won't. Why? Because it is what it is...and its just sad that Mr. Richards along with so many others who "think it but don't say it" are still ignorant to what's really important...survival of the 'human race' all around the world. If we unify, then we heal the ignorance and diminish the pain. Peace.

anthony

What he did up there was stupid and unprofessional he should have kept his cool, but the fact remains that there is a double standard in this country and its good tom see from reading some of these posts that there are people whos eyes are opened to that, now why cant all you other idiots open your eyes to it, we are never going to make any progress if this double standard continues to exist. We are made to beleive its our duty to feel guilty for what happened 400 years ago, well heres some facts about slavery many may not know, The Africans sold their own people off to The Dutch West indies Traders owned by the jews who then in turn came to America to sell the slaves to the white americans, so if we are made to feel guilty then shouldnt the jews and africans have some guilt too. The point is we need to wake up to this double standard and stop letting rabble rousers like Al Sharpton and jessee Jackson instigate the problem more than it should be.

Pure in Heart

This is really sad, people. I hope you find your creator on judgement day. Hell is real !! Your heart is the closest connection to God...and on that Great Day, He will say "Depart from Me, I knew you not!"

We need to pray for one another and keep it pushin!

Gabby

WORD! (duh) Cramer is the MAN, bout' time there is a stand toward these people(niggers). Always runnin their mouf.. mouth. Of couse there is hate when you piss the man off . nigger or not .

Big Ray

Wow whitey. Look at those stats. Looks like something was done intentionally to kill off gays and black man. It was created by the white man to destroy. It was introduced more than likely just like the the Tuskegee Project. Coincidently the first person with AIDS was a white homosexual. Aids is the work of the white man....just like cloning. Richards is just another loser.

Its funny... my great-grandfather was the product of a slave master going behind his white wife's back and continuously RAPING his black slave (my great-great-grandmother). How could we ever get over what white america has done to us. We live it everyday. I see it in my father and my kids yellowish skin-tone. ...and stop it with the race card crap!!! we just playing yall game and calling it how we see it.

A Black Person

Hey allen what is up my nigger,
I think you were talking to me, but the numbers went up. Haven't your little dick nigger ass been reading my posts at all? You don't have enough dick for me to wrap my fingers around to suck. Duh!!

I still got love for your white nigger ass, little dick and all! lol
Peace my white nigger