'Kramer's' Racist Tirade

Caught on Tape

11/20/2006 10:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

WARNING: WHAT YOU ARE ABOUT TO SEE IS PROFANE AND RACIAL

Michael Richards exploded in anger as he performed at a famous L.A. comedy club last Friday, hurling racial epithets that left the crowd gasping, and TMZ has obtained exclusive video of the ugly incident.

Richards, who played the wacky Cosmo Kramer on the hit TV show "Seinfeld," appeared onstage at the Laugh Factory in West Hollywood. Kyle Doss, an African-American, told TMZ he and some friends were in the cheap seats and he was playfully heckling Richards when suddenly, the comedian lost it.

The camera started rolling just as Richards began his attack, screaming at one of the men, "Fifty years ago we'd have you upside down with a f***ing fork up your ass."

Richards continued, "You can talk, you can talk, you're brave now motherf**ker. Throw his ass out. He's a nigger! He's a nigger! He's a nigger! A nigger, look, there's a nigger!"

The crowd is visibly and audibly confused and upset. Richards responds by saying, "They're going to arrest me for calling a black man a nigger."

One of the men who was the object of Richard's tirade was outraged, shouting back "That's un-f***ing called for, ain't necessary."

After the three-minute tirade, it appears the majority of the audience members got up and left in disgust.

Attempts to reach Richards' reps were unsuccessful.

Richards Racial Rant -- Play Video

mo

#12. Do not revoke your KKK pass. Have you been to any meetings lately? I have watched Chris Rock several times and he has NEVER said anything even remotely as offensive. There is nothing you can say to a white person that is akin to calling a black person a n*gger and in such a venomous and malicous way.

Steve

TO: jrob36109
Pointing out some radical's point-of-view doesnt prove your point one iota. I am black and my wife it white, and if I call someone a cracker in the street (not that I ever have) because they cut me off does that make me a racist,or a person who needs a more productive outlet?

First of and foremost what he did, regardless of who it was directed towards, was absolutely unprofessional and reckless, and for that matter above all others he should be criticized. He is a seasoned comedian who, upon entering his profession, is well aware of the possibilities of people in the audience not appreciating his humor.

Secondly, the people who make inane analogies about Chris Rock, Chappelle, etc are just attempting to divert the attention from where it is focused. If someone, ANYONE can show me a situation where a black comedian made light of the Holocaust and then called Jewish people kikes, then I and a lot of people like me will shut their mouths. Until that happens, it is what it is.

Thirdly, focusing on similar raw comedic routines that ridicule peoples races, lifestyles and social idiosyncrasies are just that, ROUTINES, AN ACT, what this gentleman did was out of anger and rage. Period.

Rocky

Ah wat do u expect when u have some jobless lowlife insulting a top comic like richards.When that afro makes the same amount of money richards does then he can talk otherwise keep his large lips shut

Nikki

to orenthal,

here we go again...when did i say I was better than someone apparently you think so because I never said that...my finger are cramped because I have this thing called a job that requires me to use them all day and I was having fun on this site until you dumb dick sucking ass had to say something now you want to get personal when I wasn't even commenting on anything you said. You and your trailor park trash friend JROB can go f*** your mothers if you haven't already...Hey and DR.ROB if you are really a DR and had any schooling whatsoever you would realize that by saying you'd contact your lawyer as a scare tactic on this type of site is BULLSH*T.. Try again PUNK BITCHES nothing worse than a man who acts like a BITCH!!!! SUCK A DICK YOU GUYS!!! Maybe you could hook up and suck each other off???Just an idea

Nick E

I am very suprised by this outrage by Michael Richards. As a big fan of Seinfeld, this strikes me hard, he is such a great actor and a big piece of Seinfeld's success. It makes me think of "The Fire" episode where Jerry is heckled by Kramer's girlfriend and he goes and heckles her at her job. This isn't funny though and well it's not uncommon to lose your cool. He shouldn't have lost his cool though. He's already apologized and hopefully will learn his lesson. I'm not sure what else he can do to apologize, hopefully he apologizes to those hecklers, it doesn't sound like they were really serious, they are probably just a few jokers that aren't in for any trouble.

Danielle

Dear Joe Blow,
Michael Richards is not a Jew...moron

Orenthal Juicee

****ATTENTION*****

NIKKI HAD TO GO.

MsBitch2U

My people, do not let the negative comments of racists make us lose our dignity we have come to far for that . Please know that the racists on this site, who are so openly giving us a piece of their minds, as to why we deserve to be treated with disrespect, is not in living some where in the south with a white sheet on his or her head no, they are teaching our children, driving buses, policing communities, working in restaurants, thats right handling our food a the while having thoughts of ''N*gger'' in their heads. How is it that we only hear these racist response to Michael Richards remarks over the internet? and around the water cooler, its ''we are so sorry'', and ''we don't have a racist bone in our body'' yeah right! but I bet you have a couple racist thoughts in your head. My people, let them keep talking and lets keep listening because sometimes we forget that they have no love for us, don't let them make us into the ''angry black people'' when they need pawns to fight their wars they call us Americans, other than that, to them we all just are n*gger. When they call me n*gger, all I hear is a cry of defeat from them, for we are still here and going strong and they know that ''A Change Has Come.

remowilliams

I think the guy was in his own right if people were interruping him these blacks got to get a life, I`m tired of hearing them(black) crying about everything. Grow up or move to Africa.

functionfiveapparel.com

That's just too bad! Kramer was a great man in my books, but I cannot justify his acts for any reason. Go on, be like every other celeb who f*cks up, blame it on alcohol, or that you were abused as a kid.

BS! Especially in this day and age, in a liberal city like Hollywood, this should never happen. it wasn't even a joke, he was pissed and attacking! shame on you, Michael

Eddie

The comments Richard said were very wrong! However, this conflict of racism is much more complex than it seems. Fire with fire seems to be the mindset of many. Realize this!! As we sit here and criticize Richards we ourselves inherit that same prejudism. Richards is human is he not? Why criticize Richards? Why not criticize the corruption of our mindset instead? Political correctness my ass!!!!

ru4peace

you racists sound DUMB, no wonder you deny racism when your identity is known

The Truth

True those guys should not have given Mr. Richards a hard time, but once he said
"N*GGER", he opened the door up for all to see who he really is. The word "N*GGER" is a word that defines a person of low intelligence and ignorant. Mr.Richards proved by using that awful word time and time again that he is what
he called those gentlemen, a "N*GGER". I am against black comics using the word because it only shows their level of inteligence and they use the word to get a cheap laughs. In reality, anyone who call someone else a "N*GGER" is only saying "I am ignorant and of low intelligence", the definition of a true "N*GGER".

Rocky

was it not true that 50 years ago u white people downing richards would say hey theres a n*gger lets hang em hey is gots me an n*gga

Twomorrowgrngras

I agree with what several of you have said. Black people can run their mouth about white people and it's no big deal. Let a white man say the word Ni**er and Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton and every other Black Supremicist in the Country is on TV running their mouth about how the white man is still racist. If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. I am sure the two thugs were only there to give him crap anyway and when he responded, they got their feelings hurt. Blacks can dish it out but they can't take it and that is the bottom line. Try watching Dave Chappelle (who I think is very funny) and see how many times he uses the word Ni**er. Oh yeah, he's black so it's okay... What a joke