'Kramer's' Racist Tirade

Caught on Tape

11/20/2006 10:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

WARNING: WHAT YOU ARE ABOUT TO SEE IS PROFANE AND RACIAL

Michael Richards exploded in anger as he performed at a famous L.A. comedy club last Friday, hurling racial epithets that left the crowd gasping, and TMZ has obtained exclusive video of the ugly incident.

Richards, who played the wacky Cosmo Kramer on the hit TV show "Seinfeld," appeared onstage at the Laugh Factory in West Hollywood. Kyle Doss, an African-American, told TMZ he and some friends were in the cheap seats and he was playfully heckling Richards when suddenly, the comedian lost it.

The camera started rolling just as Richards began his attack, screaming at one of the men, "Fifty years ago we'd have you upside down with a f***ing fork up your ass."

Richards continued, "You can talk, you can talk, you're brave now motherf**ker. Throw his ass out. He's a nigger! He's a nigger! He's a nigger! A nigger, look, there's a nigger!"

The crowd is visibly and audibly confused and upset. Richards responds by saying, "They're going to arrest me for calling a black man a nigger."

One of the men who was the object of Richard's tirade was outraged, shouting back "That's un-f***ing called for, ain't necessary."

After the three-minute tirade, it appears the majority of the audience members got up and left in disgust.

Attempts to reach Richards' reps were unsuccessful.

Richards Racial Rant -- Play Video

Mike Maxwell

I do not agree with what Mr Richards did.,I think the show should have been stopped and these 2 men should have been thrown out on their asses, before it came to a boiling point. How would anyone feel standing up before a group of people and be harassesd by anyone.
Last time I checked when anyone one of any race cuts their finger their blood is red like mine. Rich or poor their finger slips when they wipe their ass like the rest of us.

Ken

1) I think it's possible to make comments like that and not be a racist. a) I think he has mental problems and anger management problems. b) I don't condone his actions in any way.

The reason I say this is because he was being heckled by these men. What do comedians do? They pick someone about a person and attack that. Fat, Ugly, short, dirty, etc. After being heckled they way he was, he lost control and was looking for a way to hurt these guys to the core and unfortunately for him, he chose to pull the race card. He may or may not be racist, but it is possible that he was just trying to lash out and hurt these guys using their race.

I should also add that I have heard in the past that he is a racist, so I really couldn't say one way or the other. But I know that when people are really really angry at someone, they look for the best words to hurt them with....something that will get them just as angry....and in this case......race.

He is only hurting himself though. Sure, what he said may have angered black people, but in the end his career is the only thing that will really be hurt. The racial stuff aside, this guy has major anger problems and can't control himself. This incident will probably end his career.

The reason Jerry made him get on letterman is because of the money they are making on Seinfeld in syndication...there is still a lot of money at stake here..so again he is only hurting himself professionally because noone else will do business with someone like that who is so unpredicable.

Pamela Smalley

Okay, I agree what he said was mean and stupid, and of course, racist.
But I see blacks on a regular basis make just as racist remarks in a planned comedy routine or in speeches, for goodness sakes. I do not think anyone should air their unfortunate bias that hurts others, whether white or black. The same blacks that were so opposed to Archie Bunker because of his bigotry thought George Jefferson was hilarious, and he was just as prejudiced as Bunker. It is so sad that we can't all just get over it and stop the racist drivel... but until the Chris Rocks of the world get over it, can we expect the Kramer's to do so?

jrob36109

I'M JUST WAITING ON JESSE JACKSON, FARAKAN, AND THE REST OF THEM TO START IN ON THE RACISM SH*T...

GOD FORBID WE SAY N*GGER...

BUT THE NEXT TIME I HEAR A BLACK MAN SAY ANYTHING ABOUT CRACKER, HONKEY, WHITEY, OR ANYTHING ELSE ALONG THOSE LINES, I'M GOING TO PREACH ABOUT MY CIVIL RIGHTS BEING TRAMPLED AND YELL ABOUT LAWSUITS...

THINK IT'S GOING TO MAKE A F***ING DIFFERENCE?

HELL NO!

mike

Nice Job Kramer, way to have some Balls and not take any dumb Niggers shit!

G.W.

3653. G.W. when they interviewed people at the laugh factory witnesses said that the people up top were laughing at him saying that "you%u2019re not funny". Try watching the news once in a while not just viewing a half ass clip on the internet

Posted at 6:00PM on Nov 21st 2006 by My only fear is God

The people that were in the club tried and convicted richards. Do you really think you are going to get an unbiased report on it? N*gga please.

Reporter: Did you see what happened?
Club Patron #1: Yeah, the hecklers were calling him a honky cracker.

Reporter: DId you see what happened?
Club Patron #2 Yeah, we wus jus chillin an he done went off on us for no reason.

Which one do you think the news will report. #1 its a dead issue #2 the story makes headlines and sells tabloids.

Its all a big conspiracy against the whites.

Orenthal Juicee

Ice Sickle...

I doubt that. He just increased his worth. I bet you also believe Mel Gibson flushed his career too.....LOL on you.

mr bill

kramer kicks ass he just said what most of us think .every one that responded to the comments has probley said or thought of calling someone that ot one time or another.

Nikki

to she-wolf

you did post it dumb ass like Alison was saying if you would stop copying folks' comments you would realize the last one you copied did say just that now like I said before stop f***ing your relatives and READ A BOOK!!! BIOOOTCH! See I like making bigots like you upset. there was a time You could have done something about it now you can't HAAHAHAHA

mrtraced

This story will be hushed & under the rug faster than the news of all the Baptist churches burned in the South by those 3 Satan worshipping Jewish college boys.

white power

why r we letting this just divide us even more? we r all here together
is it going to take two more biuldings and 4 more planes to bring us back as brothers and sisters of this great country? we all need to stand together and fight the problems that r hurting us in the world and in the us divideing us makes us weak standing together makes
us americans.

im a white male im 9 years old this is how i see it.

Russel

We can't judge just from the video, we never hear what was said to him by the heckler. Maybe he deserved some of what he got if he was acting like a ...well we all heard what he said.

crack

my only fear is god, i suppose they would have been laughing if the content of the material was degrading white people.

duh...

ANY racial slur is bad people...no matter who it is directed towards. Like it or not, people in the media...yes even comedians...have a responsibility to the public...If you go out and say thing like this, you have to be willing to accept the consequences. Also, the minute you step on stage, you should expect to be heckled...this guy should have just banked the money he made on "seinfeld" and retired. The apology on letterman didn't seem real heartfelt either. People definitely have a reason to be upset with Michael Richards, but as humans we have to get past the actions of a few stupid intolerant A-holes and live together...

Mae

#3621 What is your issue with blacks. Some of the most successful people in this country are black. And you need to learn your history, how can you tell black people to go back to Africa when we didn%u2019t ask to come here anyway. If you telling us to go back where our ancestors came from then you need to go back where you came from cause the white man stole this land from the Indians. They almost killed off a whole race of people. I don't hate white people for the record. I just hate ignorant people who rant and don%u2019t know what the hell they are talking about. If you going to talk sh*t about who I am and who I represent the back yo sh*t up.

Previous 15 Comments | 487 | 488 | 489 | 490 | 491 | 492 | 493 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments