'Kramer's' Racist Tirade

Caught on Tape

11/20/2006 10:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

WARNING: WHAT YOU ARE ABOUT TO SEE IS PROFANE AND RACIAL

Michael Richards exploded in anger as he performed at a famous L.A. comedy club last Friday, hurling racial epithets that left the crowd gasping, and TMZ has obtained exclusive video of the ugly incident.

Richards, who played the wacky Cosmo Kramer on the hit TV show "Seinfeld," appeared onstage at the Laugh Factory in West Hollywood. Kyle Doss, an African-American, told TMZ he and some friends were in the cheap seats and he was playfully heckling Richards when suddenly, the comedian lost it.

The camera started rolling just as Richards began his attack, screaming at one of the men, "Fifty years ago we'd have you upside down with a f***ing fork up your ass."

Richards continued, "You can talk, you can talk, you're brave now motherf**ker. Throw his ass out. He's a nigger! He's a nigger! He's a nigger! A nigger, look, there's a nigger!"

The crowd is visibly and audibly confused and upset. Richards responds by saying, "They're going to arrest me for calling a black man a nigger."

One of the men who was the object of Richard's tirade was outraged, shouting back "That's un-f***ing called for, ain't necessary."

After the three-minute tirade, it appears the majority of the audience members got up and left in disgust.

Attempts to reach Richards' reps were unsuccessful.

Richards Racial Rant -- Play Video

Ronnie Q

This for # 86 and any other person who is "RC" (really confused) The words spoken by this man were not jokes. Do not offer an excuse for what another person can think of calling another. All of us are born free, our blood is the same color and in the end we die. Supporting the derogatory remarks of anyone only makes you the minority who requires a new freedom in another world.

Ronnie

KM

Richards' repulsive behavior has created a dialogue with opinions from extreme ends of the spectrum and in between. How come this link, http://unicast.org/forums/topic.php?topic_id=461549
aired on C-SPAN over the weekend, did not stir-up as much controversy as Richards? It truely drives home the fact that racism is alive in America, regardless of the culture!!

Dan

LeRoy.....I thing you got something there.....

Nikki

Hey She-wolf

Is daddy's dick out your mouth yet???

G.W.

white-acting-black girl is the difference between a black person making it in the world and poor picked on black person that is offended at the word n*gger.

Kudos to you and good luck in the future. Very respectable.

Scott

RIchard's was called a "cracker" by one of his hecklers. Is anyone calling the heckler a racist?
Would any of this happened if the heckler had kept his mouth shut?
Racism is alive and well and just a small part of a larger problem. Clearly there is an overt fear of anything unfamiliar. Whether Black, gay, Jew, immigrant, Muslim, and so on. It's compounded by the fact that certain bigotry is not only tolerated, but encouraged by our government. Why should it surprise anyone that this bigotry isn't limited to the intended groups? You call me a fag, I call you a n*gger. Who is wrong?

black guy 4 u

All this outrage everytime we hear the word "n*gger" is absolute sh*t. As a black male in his 30's I get pissed when my brothers and sisters cry about the word. It's time we move on and forget about the word. Because we all know that we use it to get what we want in life. And that the whites run when we use it....

Tom Goff

Based on all this pent up bile, I can only say: America, you are one seriously sick puppy. And I for one am glad I don't live there.

Phil

I definetely agree with #12. Chris f..n Rock is the biggest racist in comedy. He doesnt do a segment without mentioning "some hatred to the white man". I heard those words quite a few times. Hey look at the big picture here people Comedy should either be all censored or uncensored. Hey and if the crowd doesn't like it then leave. Or you shouldnt of opened your Big mouth in the first place. GO KRAMER!!!!!!!!

copper

Wow..........I read a lot of comments....and heard alot on radio and tv.......I think he was attacked so he got back at them..He should have just got back at them like must comedians do........instead of the tirade...

Nikki

Hey jrob36109

BEFORE YOU CALL FOLKS DUMB i HAVE 2 WORDS FOR YOU SPELL CHECK YOU F***ING IDIOT..YOU LOOK DUMB WHEN YOU CALL SOMEONE STUPID AND YOU SPELL THE WORD TRAFFIC WRONG AND i BELIEVE THE WORD YOU WERE TRYING TO USE WAS MODERNIZE...MODERIZE???WHAT'S THAT?

Orenthal Juicee

Hey Nikki,
If you think it is all lies and hate the white man so much...go live in IRAQ or some other place, just not here where we grant you freedom.

White people making up sh*t....talk about making up sh*t...what the hell is Kwanza. It is a made up holiday.

I am sure if you believe in Kwanza then lets bring back the Festivious.

Michael Richards is a Freemason

I met Michael Richards about six years ago in an elevator. He was going to an exclusive, all-male secret Freemason meeting that the company I worked for was hired to film.

lynn Spears

what are you talking about ROB, can't you read it was michael richards. he's all washed up now.

Daniel

Since Chris Rock keeps coming up I thought I'd bring up his famous routine "Niggas vs. Black People" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niggas_vs._Black_People) in which niggas are, according to the Wikipedia summation, usually detrimental to the image of other black people. I think anyone heckling a live performer could be considered detrimental to the human race. If these people are black, well then, according to Chris Rock's definition, they would be nigggas.

Previous 15 Comments | 488 | 489 | 490 | 491 | 492 | 493 | 494 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments