'Kramer's' Racist Tirade

Caught on Tape

11/20/2006 10:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

WARNING: WHAT YOU ARE ABOUT TO SEE IS PROFANE AND RACIAL

Michael Richards exploded in anger as he performed at a famous L.A. comedy club last Friday, hurling racial epithets that left the crowd gasping, and TMZ has obtained exclusive video of the ugly incident.

Richards, who played the wacky Cosmo Kramer on the hit TV show "Seinfeld," appeared onstage at the Laugh Factory in West Hollywood. Kyle Doss, an African-American, told TMZ he and some friends were in the cheap seats and he was playfully heckling Richards when suddenly, the comedian lost it.

The camera started rolling just as Richards began his attack, screaming at one of the men, "Fifty years ago we'd have you upside down with a f***ing fork up your ass."

Richards continued, "You can talk, you can talk, you're brave now motherf**ker. Throw his ass out. He's a nigger! He's a nigger! He's a nigger! A nigger, look, there's a nigger!"

The crowd is visibly and audibly confused and upset. Richards responds by saying, "They're going to arrest me for calling a black man a nigger."

One of the men who was the object of Richard's tirade was outraged, shouting back "That's un-f***ing called for, ain't necessary."

After the three-minute tirade, it appears the majority of the audience members got up and left in disgust.

Attempts to reach Richards' reps were unsuccessful.

Richards Racial Rant -- Play Video

Rocky

ah all u afros are good for is workin 7 dollar a hour jobs to ship the rich white mans orders out

DeeDeeScreen

Hello...is this thing on? Does anyone out there believe that we are actually living in a time of racial harmony? There is a palpable, seething undercurrent of racial tension that is tightly woven in our everyday existence. Everyone has prejudice in them...everyone! We all just have different levels of self control and sensitivity. All men (and women, of which I am one) are all created equal BUT we don't understand each other, it is difficult for us all to wrap our heads around cultural differences. We try and believe that we do but we don't.
These are difficult times and we need to get to know one another better.
There is no excuse for this man's words, they were hateful and shameful but I think we will hear more of this kind of angry release if we don't actually break down the barriers on both sides, shake hands, talk and get to know each other.

mya

#12 (Alice) its a shame that you did not watch or listening to the video carefully. He repeat over and over again his true feelings. 1st of all Mr. Richards was spoking from his racist heart. He was pissed that he was being hackle. As any stand up comedian knows that it is apart of the job (boos and all). An many before Mr. Richards such as Richard Pryor, Rodney Dangerfield to Bob Hope and Chris Rocks has endured hackle in ones career. So you just roll with the punching. Like Mr. Richards spoke it was from the heart, there was no punch line. The words was a personel attack on two individuals. And his racist tirade was not apart the stand up. Sweetie there is comedy and there is someone acting like a** and then there is someone showing your there true colors. Mr. Richards showed his.... that was caught on video. You can forgive, but you can never forget. Such as History. Mr. Richards reminded everyone of that. You will remember Kramer from "Seinfeld," but you will always and never forget Mr. Michael Richards performance of being he's true self the night at Laugh Factory.

just some guy

yo slaveowner yo mom has a pair a balls i should know i tryed to hit it

Why? OH Why?

White people love to have sex with their relatives..... That type of stuff just turns them on..... There are only white serial killers..... And they eat each other....

Nancy

There are many more offensive comments on this site than what Michael Richards' said. The comments traded between posts reveal a lot of hatred ... and ignorance.

MsBitch2U

Juicee, are you really letting those words fall out of your face in 2006? please let me, how many of your friends and family share your views? and what do you do for a living? Do you work with African Americans? If you do, do you express these views to them face to face?

lh

I agree w/comment #12. Blacks use a lot more profanity than most. Why when a white guy says something you blow everything out of proprtion. I WILL WATCH RE-RUNS OF SEINFELD. GO KRAMER!!!!! Why when blacks use the "N" word its OK but anybody else and we are disrespecting?? STUPID

John Fleischer

Christ Rock speaks hate of European Americans and nobody says anything. Michael Richards gets dumped on. Where is the fairness?

just some guy

like i said mary suck mad dick

jrob36109

WELL NIKKI...FOR SOMEONE THAT IS SUPPOSED TO BE SO INTELLIGENT, I WOULD EXPECT ALOT MORE OUT OF YOU. AS FAR AS OWNING YOUR OWN HOME AT 25, I AM GLAD TO HEAR IT. IT IS NOT FOR THE CORRECTION ON MY MISSPELLINGS OR GRAMMATICAL ERRORS THAT I PRATTLE ON ABOUT. IT HAS TO DO WITH THE FACT THAT YOU ARE ACTING LIKE AN UNEDUCATED TROLLOP AND ALL THE LEARNING IN THE WORLD CAN NOT SAVE YOU IF YOU DO NOT HAVE THE COMMON SENSE TO MOVE FROM IN FRONT OF A TRAIN BEFORE IT HITS YOU.

yeah i said it

#59 you are so fuckin stupid.

Why? OH Why?

Luv Ya

Nikki

Hey PJ

If you must know I don't have any children I'm only 25 and in no rush seeing that I'm in my 2nd year of grad school. So to answer you question yes I did finish high school as a matter of fact when I was only 15 and had my masters before I turned 20. I'm gonna tell you like I've been telling all the other dummies. I'm on this site to have however, if you'd like to take it there I can go all day...see you have those freedoms when you don't have crumbcrushers running around. You poor lonely suburbanite. I can tell otherwise you'd be tending to your children instead of wasting your time on me. Are you sure your kids aren't in the basement cooking
something up YOU BETTER GET OF THE COMPUTER AND GO CHECK BEFORE YOU"RE THE NEXT MOM ON TV TALKING ABOUT "I HAD NO IDEA" HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA...Shit me and Kramer should go into business together between the TV we make for excellent TV. I'd bet you'd be the first to tune in. love always, the hateful bitch

Orenthal Juicee

Well Nikki and all those for speaking the truth,
I am going to go now. I have had much fun with you; reading your posts and responding. Thanks for reading and look for me.

Peace be with all of you.