Richards -- "I'm Really Busted Up"

11/20/2006 10:05 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Michael Richards publicly apologized for his racist tirade in an appearance on "The Late Show," but acknowledged that such sentiment had the potential to "come[s] through and fire[s] out of me." He tried to find an awkward parallel between his ugly rant and conflict that has arisen between blacks and whites since Hurricane Katrina.

Looking sallow, drawn, and speaking in halting fragments, Richards explained via satellite from Los Angeles to David Letterman and friend Jerry Seinfeld in New York, that he had lost his temper after some members of the audience interrupted his act and that he "took it badly," unleashing the racist invective that TMZ first aired this morning. He apologized to the people who took "the brunt" of his abuse, saying he was "really busted up," but then went on a strange tangent on race relations, saying he was "concerned about hate and rage" and about a "great deal of disturbance between blacks and whites" after Hurricane Katrina.

Richards did not say whether any other factors contributed to his actions, adding only that he would be doing "personal work" in the aftermath of the incident.

Audience members in the Ed Sullivan Theater, who were watching Richards on a screen, began laughing at Richards at first, thinking that the interview was a comedy skit, until Seinfeld admonished them, saying, "Stop laughing. It's not funny."

Wicked

P.S. I love white people and I hate blacks.

Now what?

John

Im not Black...Im not white....im brown but i can tell you that all white people are faggots like this gay piece of shit...honestly all white ppl are pussy's and should be shot at

POWER TO THE BLACKS AND BROWNS

LET ALL THE WHITES DIE

Mad Balls

That off my chest . Too Bad Kramer gave in to the darkside . He'll be the guy who married Rose ann Barr soon . And OJ selling the book and video to MsNBC will be the sh*ts of the newsdesk . What you don't see is the heackles before the clip calling him cracker and "white guy" but if you can't take the beer bottles then make sure you're behind a fence. Dickhead

Wicked

whether he meant what he said or not....he said it

woohoo Michael....

your fan base is growing

BIG FLIPPER

Kramer just took away from quality Costanza time anyways. I'm glad he died...still alive, eh.....I mean, i'm glad he's a giant racist.

Unfunny cracker.

Mad Balls

NUMBER 17 IS A DICKHEAD !!!! I LOVE EVERYONE

UNTIL THEY F**K ME THE WRONG WAY

DICKHEAD .

Angel

forget what he said...what's with all the crap on this board. some of you guys are so ignorant "i hate blacks" "they steal" "power to whites" , as an african american female, that kinda scares me...i'm thinking i'm gonna get lynched just walkin down the street...you guys need to stop making up excuses for being prejudiced...don't blame it on stereotypes! i don't steal, i don't hate white people, i'm intelligent. so if you choose not to like me just because my skin is brown, just say it's because you're an a**hole instead of trying to use an excuse. damn, this board will have people thinking that all of america is racist!

matt

SO the f*** what?
When a black guy says cracker, no one freaks out. But OH NO when someone says the N word THEN its serious!
It happens all the time. Get over it.

Wicked

#21 is really me

coco puff

Kramer is a racist pig and only apologized cause he got caught on some body's cell phone camera. All you crackers can my black ass, you are all racists pigs too for defending this pig.

Mad Balls

I'LL SUE !!!

17 and 22 are fakes !!!

DICKHEAD .

Wicked

anybody want to fvck the nasty boil...okie dokie...I'm an okie from miskodickie..it's right outside of Africa...but I love me some white meat...my wife is white meat

Get Over It

So what he used the "N" word. White people are racist. Black people are racist. Latino people are racist. Asian people are racist. Everyone's racist, and if you say your're not, then you're lying your ass off. Whatever. It's never going to change so you might as well get over it. Being a black woman, I have learned to get over many degrading remarks and not take them to offense because that's the way people are. BFD. We're all a little racist. If you choose to show it, then go ahead. But don't be a bitch and try to take the sh*t back. If that's what you meant, then say it and hold strong to what you said. I know I'm going to get some slack for it, but the groups I respect most are the KKK and the Black Panthers. You know why? Because they keep it real. If you don't like black people, then don't pretend to. If you don't like white people, then don't pretend to. Don't smile in people's faces and underneath you hate them to the core. What's the point? There is none. Everyone just thinks it's not PC, but I don't care.

And these comments from white people on here are funny as hell. One person said they (blacks) steal everything all the time which is funny to me because the people that seem to steal the most are rich, white men. But that's neither here nor there. I respect it though. Just know the stereotypes go both ways.

Wicked

I'm black...and I bet you are no angel...Angel

Ms. B

Michael Richards is mentally challenged . We've known that for years. Thats why he can't get a coherent thought out of his head. Using the N word was stupid. Making a coment about lynching is completely ignorant and extremely hurtful.

It's kind like if I said," #'s 3,5,and 6, instead of commenting on this story, shouldn't you be looking for your trailer that blew away in the tornado ?"