Seinfeld on "Kramer" Tirade: "I Am Sick"

11/20/2006 10:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Jerry Seinfeld and Michael RichardsThe jerk store called. They ran out of Michael Richards.

Just hours after TMZ exposed "Kramer's" vile and racially-charged diatribe at a Hollywood comedy club, the actor's former "Seinfeld" co-stars are weighing in.

In a statement released by Jerry Seinfeld, the comedian said, "I am sick over this. I'm sure Michael is also sick over this horrible, horrible mistake. It is so extremely offensive. I feel terrible for all the people who have been hurt."

tea addict

Michael Richards is NOT jewish, just for the record, even though his dummy publicist said he is

Glenn Disney

RE: Seinfeld on "Kramer" Tirade: "I Am Sick"

Disingenuous hype has reigned in the whole Michael Richards N-word affair. Black leaders and a rainbow of entertainers have castigated Richards sufficiently -blacks, duty-driven, whites guilt and PC-driven to do so and wishing to imply to the world that they've never used the word!

The fact is that seldom can one use public transportation or walk downtown streets of any major city without being shocked to hear the word being casually, playfully, or derogatorily used by African-Americans towards African-Americans. The cry to cease that activity has thus far been pretty weak.

White-hate rap noise pounds and shakes the same streets intimidating little kids to grandmothers just trying to cross over and not quite ready for such spontaneous and uninvited pouring out of all one's emotions and socioethnic pain out in public. You're right, we're not so loose and don't comprehend wearing one's emotions on one's sleeve - sorry about that!

So, Rev. Jesse Jackson and associates, when you meet with TV networks, film companies and musicians to discuss the "N-word," please be ready to first admonish your own people to cease those obvious public activities which blatantly counters your whole grievance.

rgdisney@gmail.com

sicofallthis

i don't quite understand, chris rock and other african american stand up comics can say cracker this and cracker that and the white people in the crowd laugh and play along, meanwhile this happens, which I understand was more fueled by rage, but words are words. The "racist" words that Kramer said appear in almost every african american rap artist's lyrics. Tell me they aren't supporing the hate and racisim by teaching that to the youth from their songs. You have to log on to tmz or tune into the news to see kramer's tirade, to hear that word in song all you have to do is turn on the radio, walk down a city street, or watch mtv and read lips. Kramer is a couple drops of water in the ocean of racism, bigger things such as rap music need to be changed before people are in an uproar about this.

Frank Costanza

SERENITY NOW!!!

Gotan

Hey liyah,

The Africans are the ones that sold there own peoples into slavery.

So you can eat sh*t and die!

Barbara

Yes liyah 2006 it is all our fault. We were there when it all started. People of today should not have to pay for what their ancestors did. And in fact a good portion of the people that fought for the North to have black people freed were white. Some peoples ancestors never owned slaves. So don't generalize when you don't have all of the information.

LOUIS BASS JR

IAM A BLACK CHRISTIAN AND HONESTLY WHAT KRAMA SAID WAS VERY UPSETTING AND OFFENSIVE TO ME AS A LONG TIME FAN OF THE SHOW I WAS SHOCKED AND AT FIRST ALL I COULD FEEL WAS HATE TOWARD HIM BUT THEN I SAID LOOK WHAT WE DID TO JESUS AND HE DID NOTHING WRONG, SO LET ME BE THE FIRST TO SAY TO HIM I FORGIVE YOU BUT I WONT FORGET AND I WISH ALL THE BEST TO YOU BECAUSE NOMATTER HOW MANY PEOPLE YOU SAY YOU ARE SORRY TOO IT WONT CHANGE WHAT HAS HAPPENED.YOUR BEST BET IS TO GET RIGHT WITH GOD AND THEN FORGIVE YOURSELF AND REMEMBER ONLY TIME HEALS FIVE HUNDRED YEARS HAVE PAST AND PEOPLE ARE STILL HUNG UP ON RACE CANT WE ALL JUST GET ALONG,I TRULY LOVE EVERYONE AND FEEL A JERK IS A JERK NOMATTER WHAT COLOR,TELL KRAMA HE CAN WRITE ME ANYTIME TAKE CARE AND PEACE TO ALL LOUIS B

eddie

I think Richards comments were wrong. but I don't think they were thought out.
They were a mistake I do know that Richards comment does not end his career. He was about finished anyway. As far as Jerry Knowing Richards was a racist. I don't even think Richards knew he was. Hopefully he can get some counseling about his racisism and some anger management. eddie 65

SunShine McDogal

Waz up!

Hey Krammer pissed me off when he stated "If this was back in the day WE(White people) would have strung you up and stuck a fork in your A** thats what go me not the whole nigger part because he's the nigger for using the word in the first place because he could not handle being harasses(he a pro come on people) I don't like use the word myself because I'm smart than that plus I have enough love for us all.

HJC

I had a hard time with this incident because like a lot of african americans, I liked the show and I liked Richard's character. Richard obviously is not as socially level as the show may indicates. It was a very selfish, undisciplined, desparate act. He has took alot of joy out of their historic show. I am not going to condem him for life. I am above that and I believe people can change. They have to or I would'nt have the liberty to write this. I will accept his applogy and pray he finds peace and hope we can use this incident to help show that WE still have not arrived but we can converse and find peaceful ways to find understanding.

kraioloa

ok aint nobody these days are purely black anymore. yea what richards sed was wrong he's racist blah. all yall are doin is fighting over something u have no control over. u kant change his opinion. and y should all of us be fighting each other when we r all just people tying to make it through life.yes i took offense to what richards sed b/k i am black but im over it b/k i kant change his mind and he kant go back in time and redo what he sed. so kan we please all just stop arguing because this is gettin really stupid.

Jeff

Are you kidding me? Every once in a while, some white actor forgets the mic is one. What Michael Richards said doesn't bother me, but it proves what I have always known, racism isn't going anywhere. What's funny is, the person who said he's washed up is right. What has he done since Seinfeld? I'm pretty sure the guy's got some cash, but where's he been since? The fact of the matter is, he's living off of the show (ain't nothin' wrong with that), hasn't had anything near as popular or lucrative since, and didn't have a witty comeback. Besides, I've seen him live and he's not stand-up funny. His genre is more along the lines of the late, great John Ritter or Jim Carey. Some folks just love that physical comedy. I always enjoyed his character on the show (he was the funniest), but what can you do? The guy's a racist. If Jamie Foxx jumped on a Jewish person the way "Kramer" did that night, his award would be taken away, he wouldn't get any work in hollywood and would be relegated to Shakespere in the park (up in Harlem). C'mon folks, let's call a duck a duck....

efunk

"ok aint nobody these days are purely black anymore" yea WHATEVER....the fair ones become famous! thats why this fool says no one is purely black... hello AFRICA ---the people there are clearly BLACK (with no hint of white sugar baby)!

donna

there is nothing Micheal Richards can say to me to make me believe he is not a bigot......but no more so than the other who called him a cracker...................that N word has never nor will it ever be a part of my volcabulary...... therefore it cannot come out of my mouth......one does not pop out words when stressed unless they are words one uses at other times!..........Trump.......has been equally offensive with his remarks about someone being FAT..SLOB......and I don't care what Rosie said first.......what did any of these remarks from any of these people have to do with the issues that brought them forth........NOTHING!!!!!! ...all were said to hurt someone else.......plain and simple......very bigoted remarks by all.

Mike

Kramer is the MAN!!!! It's amazing how quickly he was persecuted, when it was the noisy, rude, idiots in the balcony that were interrupting his performance. If I had been in that audience, Michael would never had gotten to the point where he had to yell, because I would have told the ignorant, worthless bastards to shut the hell up or get out. Go Kramer, you have a lot more fans on this issue than what is being advertised.