Richards' Rant -- Not The First Time

11/22/2006 4:10 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Michael RichardsDid Michael Richards attack the Jews? Two Los Angeles residents have come forward and said that's exactly what happened last Spring at L.A. comedy club, The Improv.

Carol Oschin and J.P. Fillet say they were at The Improv on April 22 when Richards took the stage. They say that in the middle of Richards' skit, a man in the audience said something to the comedian, when Richards allegedly launched into an anti-Semitic rant. According to Oschin, Richards screamed at the audience member, "You f***ing Jew. You people are the cause of Jesus dying."
Offended couple - click to play

Oschin says the rant continued and Richards stormed off the stage. Oschin and Fillet say that, at first, they thought Richards' tirade was part of his act, but claim that it quickly became apparent it was not.

Richards' publicist, Howard Rubenstein, confirmed to TMZ that Richards did make derogatory comments about Jews, but says it was part of his act. Rubenstein says Richards told him, "I'm not anti-Semitic. I was playing a role and poking fun at the rednecks."

me

Hahaha You have seemed to hit the nail right on the head with that one! Too funny, and too true! Thanks for the laugh :)

No1here

Okay let's see if i got this straight, 2 black men, in a group of 20 or so heckle Richards. Who then goes on a racial. Instead of getting up and leaving, like some of the other patrons, they stayed cause they felt cornered and threatened. Now they want an apology. After the apology is given several times they now want to sue. Who didnt see this coming. Why is it when a white man makes a racial slur, he is labeled a racist. But when someone like oh lets say martin Lawrence who if anyone has seen his show, bashs and degrades white people is a comedic genious. Oh wait, I forgot it's cause of the 400 yrs of slavery and oppression. The only true racists are the ones that bring it up in the first place and will use it to any means neccessary to make money or get there 15 minutes of fame.

RS Wash

I would like to thank the people who did the research and shared it. I saw on television that Richard's publicist stated that Richards was Jewish, when Richards was accused of making hateful anti-Semitic statements. His publicist said that Richards was simply role-playing. Was his father Jewish? Why would someone lie and call him Jewish when he is not?

Rachel

Beats me

FromMyPOV

To A Jew ---

An innocent person needs no defense. I believe slavery for Amias’ people ended in 1865, but the oppression did not. The Holocaust taught us many thing, one being compassion for others’ suffering. I singled out Amias’ post because she was speaking in terms of history and it affects on her people today. I am not blind to her anger, but I also see that she attempted to communicate with you, personally. She used the words “colored”, which denoted her age. Like her, the negative comments in this forum have affected your judgment. Both you and Amias are hated because of who you are by birth, one judged by skin color the other by beliefs. I gave her credit as I did you for attempting to communicate to at least one person with understanding. If you fail to see the growth in her post then I can’t explain it to you in this forum without rendering an opinion on Mr. Richards’ behavior, and this I will not do. Everyone is entitled to their opinions and beliefs and we know that history plays a very big role in how we form individual opinions and beliefs. Even today many are being held accountable for their role in the Holocaust. This was not so with slavery.

Understanding is the key to communication and my expectation of you as a Jew was nothing more than understanding Amias’ suffering, no more or less.

rita

Look does anyone know what it feels like to be called out of your name. I live in the south now transplanted from NYC here they don't like blacks, and if you think just because you are hispanic like myself and you don't count--you are wrong if you are not white you are a n*gger. We all have our stands. Yes there other things to speak about but this is of significance to me. Know I know why they call it the dirty south.

shyne

6. How many more are going to come foward and claim they were taunted by
him? BULL SH*T. N*GGERS AND JEWS. YOU GOT THE N*GGAS WHO NEED THE
MONEY, AND THE JEWS WHO CANT GET ENOUGH. You dont see us Crackers
stepping foward when a derogatory remark is made about us.
by liz
So I guess it doesn't matter to you that
a person insults an entire race? Huh? Just because you "crackers" (as you
put it) are "strong" and don't step forward to defend yourselves, that
hailing a derogatory remark that goes back centuries is just.. o whats
the word... ok? Nice to see what type of person we have in America.

karmasumi

Liz , you are one ignorant bitch.

VETTE

As a child of God, I am required to forgive others for their sins no matter how assinine or stupid I beleive them to be. But, I am not a fool and do not beleive Micheal Richards, latest apology on Jessie Jackson radio show this morning.
But, at least it is a start.
To those individuals who minimize this incident and state that everyone is over-reacting, just shutup and read American history and then if you have a brain in your head you would realize why African Americans are so livid.
Or educate yourself on what is happening in the world today and view the consequences of hatred.
Think about this partial quote from President Abraham Lincoln, regarding the Civil War. "The hundreds of thousand of lives lost during the Civil War was America's penance for the many slashes/deaths etc., forced upon African Americans".
To the loud-mouth who stated why should he have to pay for sins which occured before his generation. If you do not already know, let me provide you with a little education: Everything you or your parents have today, is based on what happened in the past. And if you truly desire the scars of Slavery to disappear please provide me with my 40 acres and a mule as decried by President Lincoln, but with present market values included....
As the bible states, Jesus will make your enemies your foot stool
and Micheal Richards is a prime example of that too, keep it up and your turn might be next.

darwinDevron

To everyone who seem to be stupid enough to Justify Micheal R. Racist Rants.....Are out thier Freaky mind it's very sad to compare comedy to Micheal Richard's Hate for other race...
he does not need to apologize over and over It's clear he is a freakin Racist Sad but true let God deal with that and he does not mean One word of Sorry...You no that and the world no it.
people want us to move on. People would rather talk about K- fed or Rosie or Clay.
How about with Deal with issue like racism I want a brighter Future for my Kids....
and it very sad that You people would rather push this issue under the rug....

darwinDevron

You People have done the Worst....and contiune to You Jugde mental Bi*tches.
You are constantly bring up the Black man...Let get into the white man and they way you people Kills and rap women and Children We in the Hood call them Serial killers and rapist It ton of the that Rape and Kill People and all of them are white You People are devils ....
And You need a reality Check boo not us U
Why don't you sit your Ass dowm and watch A&E and City confidintal You see how you people constantly Kill each other for Power or rapeing Kids.
Now tell me That sh*t aint crazy...Dumb Ass

darwinDevron

That Last comment went to Steven Wells and any other idot who feel the same

Shelley

Dear "A Jew". It may surprise you to know that black people come to this country and work very hard too. As a Jamaican immigrant, I came to this country at age 16 worked my way through college as a waitress, served in the armed forces, graduated with honors, got an advanced degree...with honors, and all with the backing of my parents' humble hospital worker salaries. The difference between myself and other white immigrants whom you refer to is that they will still go through life in America as white people. Even if they have less education or make less money than I do, the priviledges they will enjoy as white people in America will overshadow all my accomplishments. For instance, despite being able to afford it, I am not able to rent an apartment in Manhattan. Do you think that's just a coincidence? People who are non-white have to live with being seecond-class citizens everyday. That is something you will never understand.

PureCouragE

Ok...fellow americans of predominately European ethnic decent...you have the right to say anything you want...You can call "black people"(americans) n*ggers all day long. ALL BLACK PEOPLE (AMERICANS) DO NOT CALL EACH OTHER N*GGER, N*GGAS OR ANY OTHER SPELLING OF THE SAME WORD. Rappers use that word to sell records to white people who don't know any "real" Americans. I am an American and I do not judge an entire "race" of people by the actions of one, several, or a majority of it's members. Why? You if you want to call me a n*gger go ahead. Will that make you feel better? Will you sleep at night? No it won't make you feel better at all. We need to all call Kramer what he is a rude ass and then move on. I mean I can't run him over with my car if gas is 3 bucks a gallon. Let's get our priorities straight as a country. Stop TRYING TO FIX EVERYBODY ELSE AND FIX OUR OWN SH*T! THIS IS A STUPID ASS TOPIC
P.S. You really can't compare the word "n*gger" to the word cracker. The word "n*gger" is more in line with "hillbilly"

VETTE

To all those ignorant, bigoted, bitches who only know hate and anger Why don't you take off your white robe and be unmasked for the coward you are.
Don't hide behind the internet be a man????
African Americans and Jews can not hide who they are and as history has shown, we will overcome any and all obstacles placed before us.