Jess and John -- Together for Turkey?

11/23/2006 10:03 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Could Jessica Simpson and John Mayer be taking turkey in Texas today? Rumors of Mayer meeting his on-again off-again galpal Simpson's family are running rampant after the two were seen together at the American Airlines lounge in Los Angeles International Airport yesterday, as PerezHilton first reported.

Sources tell TMZ Mayer was flying back to New York for a Thanksgiving Day taping of David Letterman's "Late Show," whereas Jessica was headed back to Dallas. Us Weekly confirms with Mayer's rep that playing Letterman on Turkey Day has become "one of Mayer's favorite new holiday traditions" and that his third such gig is a go. Regardless, there's little doubt that the pair have been spending some quality time together, as their recent date in Malibu suggests.

OJ -- I Got Paid "Blood Money"

O.J. Simpson laughed off suggestions that he might not have gotten paid by News Corp. for his book and the television special that recently got nixed, but he says he's blown it all already. The New York Daily News reports that Simpson made around $660,000 for his "efforts," an amount that was revealed by News Corp. so that, according to a News Corp. rep, the families of Nicole Brown Simpson and Ron Goldman can pursue them. But looks like it's too late -- O.J. says he's already spent all the money on "bills," and he's not apologetic. "I've been pimped for 12 years. Everyone's made money on me," he said yesterday. "It's all blood money and, unfortunately, I had to join the jackals."

Leo Dreams About Pastries, Not Diamonds

Leonardo DiCaprio has interesting daydreams and reveries, it seems. In interviews for his new film "Blood Diamond," Leo told reporters that he and his costar Djimon Hounsou would spend a lot of time, says People, hanging out in muddy swamps and chatting about ... croissant and hot chocolates? Um, yeah: "We'd sit there and dream like two weird women about pastries." On a somewhat more consequential note, DiCaprio also said that he would only buy diamonds for his mother, if she wanted one, but that he can't remember the last time he did.

So What Are Celebs Doing on Thanksgiving Anyway?

Page Six rounds up what celebs are doing for Thanksgiving based on what they've told the press in the past, and it's an interesting panoply of customs. Gwyneth Paltrow goes to Steven Spielberg's house, for instance. Patrick Swayze said that he and his family have big, big fights, and Scarlett Johansson celebrates her birthday on Thanksgiving. Andy Garcia invites people who can't be with their families, and then there's Billy Dee Williams, who says that he just can't bring himself to celebrate the holiday at all. "It was the arrival of the Europeans which disrupted the entire Native American civilization and I think that was a tragedy," says Billy Dee.

Add to: My AOL, MyYahoo, Google, Bloglines
AOL Alerts

MommaT

Post #4.......let me guess, your "family" probably feels the same way about you??? Maybe that is why you are ALONE...............

What, were you pissed on a ROCK and hatched by the SUN???!!!

Happy Turkey Day everyone

Alyn Brodsky

Maybe if everyone--especially the whoemongering media-would simply ignore that miserwable piece of shit O.J. Simpson, he'd go away. Better yet, someone should do to him what he claims he didn't do to his wife and friend. Only in Florida could he be hailed as the hero he is, with fucking idiots lining up to pay for his autograph. And you thought Mississippi was the worst state???

Hamscraps

I don't celebrate this holiday as an Indian/Pilgrim thing instead I celebrate this holiday where I am thankful for being blessed enough to wake up another day. Why hash over the past? None of us were alive then and there isn't a damn thing we can do about it now. Woulda, coulda, shoulda. Instead be thankful you are alive, you can read, you have food, you have family, a car, a job, football on a Thursday, whatever.
Happy Thanksgiving!

lisainla

Maybe I'm cynical but it's quite interesting that John Mayer has an album coming out...could this be a publicity stunt after he denied denied denied a few months back...

www.xprexu.com

TJ

Mimi No. 6: I am an American born in Texas, grew up in NY. I have lived almost 20 years in England and Greece. Trust me...only Americans think everyone else is jealous. You obviously have not spent time abroad. The Europeans are more cultured, sophisticated and classy. They have everything Americans have plus much more. All their citizens have access to free medical care, they have far more exposure to culture and different languages, they do not have censorship like here (we have a warped sense of morality..violence is ok to show but nudity, breastfeeding is considered distasteful), they do not poke their nose into every country's affairs, they are culturally far more sophisticated, they dress far smarter (would never be seen out in public with flip flops, baggy shorts and hair curlers) and they have more respect and honor for family and friends. Don't be so blind just because you fly the flag here...be open-minded, see the world and experience all cultures before proclaiming on your bull horn how rah rah fantastic the USA is.

Keeping it Real

If Mayer is involved with this woman soley for publicity for his album, then he's really lost all integrity as an artist. All he has to do is look at Ben Affleck, and how his association with Jennifer Lopez, almost ended his career. Mayer has sold his soul to the devil, and the public isn't going to go along with this from him. I don't care about him being able to date whomever he wants. He's a hypocrite because he was the one that said, he didn't want the kind of celebrity attention that is connected with the likes of people like Simpson.

biotch

THANKSGIVING IS TO REMEMBER... AMERICA'S FIRST WELFARE LINE TO THE EUROPEAN IMMIGRANTS. THE NATIVE AMERICAN PEOPLE FED THE DISEASE CARRYING SETTLERS! I HOPE YOU ALL REMEMBER THAT!

Thank you Billy Dee and to the other people on here that made good comments about the "Thanksgiving" holiday.
However, there is always some racist prick (# 14) that has to put his shitty input in. Talking about nonsense/and his dumbass family. Stating "Fucking Indians" in his comment. All I do is laugh because people like him are redneck hillbillies that marry their sisters and cousins and have sex with their mothers. LMFAO!!! "INDIANS"? You think Columbus landed in INDIA you dumb fucks who call Native Americans "INDIANS"?

We, are not amused.

#22 bitchy bitch:
Guess you can read to well.
Billy Dee didn't make any post here today, my point was that IF the NATIVE "FUCKING" AMERICANS hadn't been so good natured AND trusting to their everlasting determent (look it up) the EUROPEANS wouldn't have survived that first winter and they, pay attention dumbass, WOULD NOT HAVE GONE TO AFRICA AND BROUGHT MY BLACK ASS ANCESTORS TO THIS COUNTRY!
Go on re-read my previous post, I'll wait here for you....
But, be that as it may I still have forgiveness in my heart for stupid people who find it hard to comprehend. You speak of what you do not know. That is part of the fun of TMZ ignorant ass stupid people like you.
You may kiss the pink part of my very shinny BLACK ASS, you ignorant slut!
(Have a nice day! Pass the mashed potatoes!)

Shelly

Is it just me, or is John Mayer PUGLEY? He looks as white as a sheet in that picture, or is it just Jessica's tan that makes him look so pasty?

terri

No, Mr.Dee is not the "product of an immigrant". The first of his ancestors to land here were most like slaves, not immigrants. Immigrants migrate willingly, that's not the same as being enslaved and transported.

Happy Thanksgiving all! I enjoyed mine and I hope you enjoyed yours if you celebrated it. Blessing abound and we should be thankful for all that we have.

NICKI

I luv Jessica Simpson so much & she deserves to be happy just as much as Nick. I think Jessica & John make a really cute couple but of coarse Jessica would look great with anyone. Be happy Jessica cause you deserve it!!!!!!!!

NICKI

NICKI

Syl C.

Turkey of the Year: Tom Cruise he faked his Thanksgiving today.
Anna and Howard thanksgiving with the Bahamian
officials.
Lindsay Lohan cutting into the turkey, not herself.
Kramer spewing racial slurs at the turkey once it roasted
brown.
Nicole Ritchie hopefully eating alot of turkey.
Paris Hilton washing down her Turkey with Vodka and then
upchucking while listening to a Jay Z CD.

TJ

Mimi...go back to your trailer park where you are amongst your own type. You haven't a clue what you're talking about..you sound really ignorant.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments