Kramer Uses the "Black Friends" Defense

11/27/2006 12:36 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

In a desperate effort to salvage what's left of his poisoned reputation, a "shattered" Michael Richards told Reverend Jesse Jackson that he "loves" black people, adding that some of his "best friends were African-Americans."
Kramer says sorry

Interviewed on Jackson's "Keep Hope Alive" radio show on Sunday, the former "Seinfeld" star again claimed that he harbors no racist feelings toward black people, and blamed his racist diatribe on months of pent up rage that, "has no color."

Richards explained that he should have recognized his problem, when his frustration with hecklers started affecting his comedy routine. "It's a rough and tumble environment," Richards claimed, "I've been noticing how aggressive my work had been getting."

Jackson was convinced that the problem had deeper roots, telling Richards, "You used the word nigger, and then the lynching scene ... have you been here before?" Richards responded, "No, no, no, no, no. That's why I'm shattered by it. The way it just came through me like a freight train."

According to Richards' publicist, Howard Rubenstein, the disgraced actor has already begun psychiatric counseling in Los Angeles to learn how to manage his anger and understand why he made the racist remarks.

ArcticKat

RG, you really are full of it. What kind of bitter waitress are you?

1st of all, When you talk about Chris Rock and comedy, its his job to make fun of people. When I said no one uses cracker, i meant NO BLACK PERSON I ENGAGE IN CONVERSATION with, or even see in confrontations with other people. I dont know Chris Rock, so why are you making him the poster boy for using the term, when he says it off a script and not in anger. Theres a huge difference in context

Terri

Just as soon as all the black rappers apologize to the women of the world for calling us "bitches" and "ho's" in their first amendment- protected so called "music", then Mr. Richards can issue his apology.

jb722

I am sick of the African community trying to act llike they deserve apologies when someone calls them the "N" word. I agree that it isn't right but how about when they make derogatory remarks or names about the white community. So sick of the B.S.

Eli

Oh comeon let go of your complex already (african americans) and move on. the guy messed up and he said he was sorry! What do you want him to do drive a pitchfork up his ass?

Well if you do...sorry but now a days alot of people say things they shouldnt especially comedians and thats how they make a living. Drop it already hes freaking sorry, geez!!!!

Fourth Grade Mathmatician

I feel as though I have been besmirched by the mendicants, that I long to educate.

Do not throw your barbs at me, for I am only here to show you the truth of this situation.

Life is neither kind, nor cruel, merely indifferent.

It is true that many of my "Hilarious" remarks have striken accord with some of the pedestrain peons..

Although my acrid statments may offend the likes of the above mentioned.

I stand resolute in my belief that Florida and James Evans where true cultural Icons of the 1970's

I also believe that Sanford and Son (and dont forget ol Grady) were good people.

I will now leave this wretched place that is filled with such hateful and vile sentiment, and take my rantings elsewhere.

"< OHHHH NUFINN COULD BE FINNER THN TO BE IN CAROLINA in da MORNNIINNN>"

APURPLE_EMERALD

# 104
The reason why it takes 1/4 "black blood" and a person becomes black came from slave days. Back then blacks were not considered humans and were thereby denied rights that the constitution and such allowed to all "humans". Also no one wanted to be black as black people were beneath them, again if you had any amount of black "in you" then you were just as bad. The stigma of being black went both ways, just like whites didn't want to be black, blacks didn't want to be black, that's why you have in Louisiana Pas'se Blanc (pass for white) and so on. You should see Imitation of Life, it's a great movie and very realistic. One of the biggest problems today is every one wants us to move on from the past, but the past formed us. To this day black people have color complexes, they wanna be light, or they gotta have a certain grade of hair. We don't have any range of black women especially in Hollywood, they want Halle Berry who is half white, or Beyonce who is a little lighter than a good lot of us and has long hair (or wears weave) but to this day it's hard to teach black kids to love themselves look at what America's standard of beauty is. They don't see a real repensentation of themselves. It is important to learn history or else we are doomed to repeat it.

barbie

Wow Missy!
You are talking about us white people ALL being racist! Sounds to me like the pot that called the kettle BLACK! If you have really paid attention and read most of these comments. You would notice that YES there are some whites on here that are racists, they are complete idiots, but there are also A LOT of us on here who have attacked the racist whites. And as for us having boring lives. HA! My life has been very interesting. I have had a lot of fun. I have struggled just as much as any black person. I can shake my ass and shake it well anyday of the week. Of course I have a lot of FLAVA and all of my close friends are hispanic, but most of the white people that I know do not just sit around in a boring country club sipping on tea and talking about politics. I have met a few racist white people and I call them on it in their face. It repulses me. But look around honey, there are just as many black racists too. It goes both ways.

Look at all of the comments I have posted before you attack an entire race over a few idiots. Isn't that what the point of this whole thing is.? Michael Richards did just that and that's what is pissing all of us off. He attacked an entire race because he was pissed off at what TWO black men did to him. Yes they were wrong for heckling him, they should have been kicked out. But Mr. Richards should not have insulted all black people and brought up the fact that our ancestors were complete monsters (well, not mine because Irish people were slaves too back in the day). If you don't like being racially profiled, then don't do it to others.

Go ahead and look at my comments, you will not find ONE racist comment in them. There are a lot of white people who share my views. You are probably right about most of the racist people on here. They would not share these views in someone's face cuz they know they would get a beatdown. I would share any of my views in any one's face and back them up if need be. I don't have any views that I am ashamed of.

And to the racist white people on here. I dare your dumb asses to go out tomorrow and walk up to the biggest black person you can see and share the comments that you have made on this forum!! oh, and let me know before you do it, cuz I haven't seen a good beat down in a looong time.

Fourth Grade Mathmatician

Excuse me Mr. Jim Crow;

I was wondering if you could please answer a question for me?

Fourth Grade Mathmatician

Yes my Son.

Fourth Grade Mathmatician

# 136 Artic Cat 06:

I took the time to reference your comment and perused the website you ask.

My findings were interesting. You have a point. But; due to my acumen I went a step furthure and also looked into the amount of taxes that are accumulated each year.

Love me or Hate me (your choice) White Americans Pay an unproportionaly large percent of the National average.

They far exceed the African American community. So in the end I guess the old maxium

"What goes around, comes around" [is true]

Rachel

HEY I AM AWESOME #133- You didn't sound so "secure" yesterday while you were making up a load of crap about your wonderful Harvard educated, Juliard trained musician, cardio-vascular surgeon, economist, better looking than Rick Fox boyfriend who lives in a castle over-looking Monaco. Aww come on give me his name so I can read his "articles". I won't tell anybody about your non-existent black boyfriend. ha ha. you crack me up. now go study for "finals", those ivy league finals are a BITCH! (miss i'm so beautiful, people tell me everyday.) BTW- for such a classy bitch you sure have a little potty mouth. sorry i touched a nerve!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tommie

TO #44

THAT IS A VERY GOOD POST!!
I HAVE READ MANY, MANY DIFFERENT BLOG SITES WHERE WHITE PEOPLE ARE COMMENTING ON RACIAL ISSUES, AND YOU ARE THE O-N-L-Y WHITE PERSON THAT SEEM TO HAVE A REAL SENSE OF REALITY ABOUT BLACK PEOPLE AND I'M SURE THAT YOU ARE ABLE TO KNOW THESE THINGS BECAUSE IN A SENSE YOU HAVE "WALKED IN A BLACK PERSON'S SHOES" BY BEING MARRIED TO A BLACK MAN.

OTHER WHITE PEOPLE ARE CLUELESS OR DON'T WANT TO KNOW THE TRUTH. THAT'S WHY THEY ARE ALWAYS SAYING STUPID THINGS LIKE "WHY CAN BLACK PEOPLE CALL EACH OTHER THE "N" AND WHITE PEOPLE CAN'T OR HOW COME THEY CAN CALL US CRACKERS OR HONKY AND WE CAN'T CALL THEM N...... THEY DON'T HAVE A CLUE. THEY ARE TOTALLY BLIND TO REALITY OR THEY DON'T CARE TO KNOW REALITY AND SOME OF THE REALLY RACIST ONES PROBABLY FEEL THAT THINGS SHOULD BE LIKE THEY WERE 50 OR MORE YEARS AGO (AS KKKRAMER PUTS IT) AND THAT THEY STILL SHOULD BE ABLE TO SAY N...... AND ANYTHING ELSE DEROGATORY TO BLACK PEOPLE AND BLACK PEOPLE SHOULD JUST SHUT UP AND ACCEPT IT. BUT THIS IS A NEW DAY AND THEY CANNOT SAY WHATEVER THEY WANT TO SAY TO BLACK PEOPLE WITHOUT SUFFERING THE REPERCUSSIONS OF IT BY ANY MEANS NECCESSARY.

AND WHILE WE ARE LAYING IT OUT ON THE TABLE. WHILE SOME ARE NOT, MANY WHITE PEOPLE HAVE ALWAYS BEEN EVIL AND THEY HAVE BEEN RESPONSIBLE FOR MOST OF THE SOCIAL ILLS, CORRUPTION AND THE SAD SHAPE THAT THE WORLD IS IN TODAY. BECAUSE COME ON NOW, WHAT KIND OF HUMAN BEINGS WOULD DO THE THINGS THAT WHITE PEOPLE HAVE DONE TO OTHER RACES OF PEOPLE (ESPECIALLY BLACK PEOPLE) FOR ABSOLUTELY NO REASON AT ALL. THAT SPEAKS FOR ITSELF.

YOU NEED TO MAKE COPIES OF YOUR POST AND LET AS MANY WHITE PEOPLE READ IT AS POSSIBLE AND MAYBE THEY CAN GET SOME UNDERSTANDING OF THE WAY THINGS ARE FOR BLACK PEOPLE AND THAT JUST MIGHT ELIMINATE SOME OF THE IGNORANT THINGS THAT THEY SAY, AND IF THEY DON'T CARE TO UNDERSTAND, THEN I GUESS THEY KNOW THAT THEY WILL PAY ONE WAY OR ANOTHER FOR ANYTHING THAT THEY SAY THAT IS RACIAL RELATED TO A BLACK PERSON. THAT'S THE WAY IT IS NOW. IT'S JUST THAT SIMPLE!

My two cents

What REALLY pisses me off is that a African American can run around calling another African American a, "N*gger", can run their mouths off in comedy routines using the so-called, "N" word and when a white man uses the "N" word, it is a crime? To hell with that sh*t! African Americans are the BIGGEST racists of all man kind. THEY can have the American Negro Fund (which EXCLUDES white folk), the Miss Black USA contest (again, EXCLUDES white women) and all the other BLACK sh*t and if THEY are excluded from a College Fund, or a contest, they scream, "FOUL" and lawsuits are filed and Jessie Jackson comes to the rescue? Now these African Americans want MONEY for thier pain and suffering from this Kramer guy?? Would they sue Chris Rock or any other African American comedy guy if they went off on the "N" word? I hardly think so. I am SO SICK AND TIRED of this racist sh*t...and I am tired of the African Americans ACTING like the damn "N" word. Yeah, the "N" word.......you heard me right.

barbie

Tommie. Again, as I said to Missy. You are attacking ALL white people (just as Mr Richards did with black people) because of things said by some white people. I understand why as a white person calling a black person the N word is not appropriate even though black people say it to each other. I'm sure that what started black people saying it to each other was to make light of white people referring to them as the N**ger. It was probably a way of coping with it at the time. My friends and I call each other hoochie, bitch, hooker (none of us are even close to these things) but let me tell you, if a girl who was not my friend came up and called me or one of my friends a hooker to degrade us, I would knock her out in a second!! So yes, there are white people who understand WHY we cannot use the workd N**ger and you would never hear the word coming out of my mouth. I can't even say it out loud in front of only white people even if I'm telling a story about some other ass saying it. I say "the N word" because I HATE that word!

Oh and so you know, I would PREFER not to be called a "CRACKER" but NO it is not as bad as n**ger because there is no history that involves torment that goes along with the name, it is a food that you put cheese or peanut butter on and that is just making me hungry!

I have pretty much only dated hispanic men in my life. I have dealt with racism because of it. I have been told that I am a disgrace to white people because I'm not with MY OWN KIND. That a hispanic person is the same thing as a n**ger. I lost a good job one time because I moved in with my puerto rican boyfriend and my boss didn't think I should date outside my race. She wanted me to date a white doctor who was a friend of hers, so that I could hang out with her and her white husband who cheated on her so that we could be miserable together. Now I'm also not trying to say that all white me cheat becuase I have been cheated on by hispanic men and I know that black men cheat too, it's all races that do it, and not all men do it, some women do it too, but my point is that it's not like her husband was so great for her to think that what men were better, she was just racist and I was glad to leave. I could not prove that she fired me for this reason, but we all knew it because of the timing and comments that she made.

Now on that subject, I have also had white friend who dated black men and the families of the guys they were with hated them because they were white. They could not stand their son's being with white women. So you see, as I said before, it goes both ways! Stop pointing fingers at an ENTIRE RACE!

The only white people who still have those ignorant beliefs about black people are the ones who have not been out in the REAL WORLD or they are just intimidated. Or maybe just like some black people are brought up thinking that all white men are evil and they all hate black people, some white people are brought up with similar ignorant thoughts of black people.

Let's stop raising our kids to think differently about any race. It's up to today's parents to make the change in our society. My son has never thought there was a difference. He had a best friend last year who was black and when I asked him which boy was Cody, he described his shirt and pants and a lot of other things about him. He never once said "he's the black boy" and that would have been the easiest way to describe him since he was the only black child in the place. I was very, very proud of him. I once jumped all over someone because they told my son that he did something like a black person, they thought they did nothing wrong, but I told them that I did not want him to ever see that there is a difference in people because of race. I have been asked when arguing my beliefs how I would feel if my boys ever dated a black women. I respond with truth that it would not matter to me as long as she is a good person and treats him right so that I don't have to hurt her regardless of race.

For you to point out all of the evil that white people have done makes you the same as the other racists. Yes there are a lot of crazy white people who have done some really sick evil things, but there are a lot of crazy ass black people out there too.

This is in the defense of both sides: as far as there being more of a percentage of white people in jails and more of a percentage white people who pay taxes. That is because the percentage of white people PERIOD are higher in the US than any other race. I think that all whites and blacks should mix so that our future children will all be malato and will all be the same race and this sh*t will be OVER WITH!!!!

barbie

This is for all of you racists (white or black) who claim to be christian. This is what God has to say about it:

"Remind them to be subject to rulers and authorities, to obey, to be ready for every good work, TO SPEAK EVIL OF NO ONE, to be peaceable, gentle, showing all humility to ALL MEN." Titus 3:1-2 (NKJ)