Kramer Uses the "Black Friends" Defense

11/27/2006 12:36 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

In a desperate effort to salvage what's left of his poisoned reputation, a "shattered" Michael Richards told Reverend Jesse Jackson that he "loves" black people, adding that some of his "best friends were African-Americans."
Kramer says sorry

Interviewed on Jackson's "Keep Hope Alive" radio show on Sunday, the former "Seinfeld" star again claimed that he harbors no racist feelings toward black people, and blamed his racist diatribe on months of pent up rage that, "has no color."

Richards explained that he should have recognized his problem, when his frustration with hecklers started affecting his comedy routine. "It's a rough and tumble environment," Richards claimed, "I've been noticing how aggressive my work had been getting."

Jackson was convinced that the problem had deeper roots, telling Richards, "You used the word nigger, and then the lynching scene ... have you been here before?" Richards responded, "No, no, no, no, no. That's why I'm shattered by it. The way it just came through me like a freight train."

According to Richards' publicist, Howard Rubenstein, the disgraced actor has already begun psychiatric counseling in Los Angeles to learn how to manage his anger and understand why he made the racist remarks.

We, are not amused.

#43 t.w.
Wow, it must be nice to be you!
Is your "baby mommas" white?
Home based business? Is it that business where you sell adds to third world women who are seeking "rich" Americans as husbands?
And why DID Mrs. t.w. leave you? Was it because you were driving that Mustang trying to pick up young boys for "faggotery"?
What other nice things do you own? A rocket ship? A helicopter???
All that and white skin too! You got the world by the short and curley ones...now if you could just stop thinking about the smell of another man's stinky, itchy starfish....

TH

What is it with some blacks (and Jews, as in the Mel Gibson situation)? When is enough apologizing ever going to be enough to satisfy these sanctimonious hypocrites? Richards should've never grovelled, seeking the blessings of any one like Jackson or Sharpton. Hey, I'm still waiting for the stupid, moronic, rude and ignorant black audience members to apologize to Richards and the rest of the audience; and the black person who showed outrage at Richards, ranting their own racist diatribe against him by calling him a cracker, which is just as bad as the n-word, also hasn't bothered to apologize. I guess it's OK for blacks to act racist and rude, but not whites. News flash, the n-word is a legitimate word in our language, and is used to define more than color, just ask any black homey from his 'hood about how they repeatedly use the n-word against their own kind. Here's an idea, if blacks want a meaningful and contrite apology from any one, then they should first start in their own backyards, by demanding that their black African ancestors who taught white Europeans about slavery and the slave trade (and who also profitted from the white man's payments through the sale of their people to them) to stop the practice of slavery, which continues to this day. They should also go after the government of Darfur.....Instead, they'd rather rant about Richard's stupid outburst and use of the n-word. I think that Richard's critics have greatly misplaced their intelligence and sensibilities, assuming they had any to being with. GET OVER IT!

TH

t.w

and thats my point barbara, if you dont want to be profiled as crap, then dont act like crap.i knew what you were doing, but if you dont want to be called names, then dont make a name for yourself. why do you think there has to be a black history month? why is there a negro college fund? theres no white history month,theres no united whitey college fund, why? because we dont need to call attention to our heritage and educational abilities, because if we did, then we would be conceived as racists.you want to be equal,but you want to be "special" too. if you want to be equal, then stop crying foul when you're treated equal. you want to be special? then stop demanding equality.

Ian

Has anyone heard Dessarae Bradford's HOT new single? Here's some of the lyrics:

I forked Michael Richards in his ass.

I forked Michael Richards in HIS ass.

I forked Michael Richards

I forked Michael Richards

I forked Michael Richards in his ass.

This Lady-genius's talent never ceases to astonish and amaze. Truly cutting edge.

Rachel

Alot of people (black males) are commenting on having white women. I am a 20-something attractive graduate student who has never dated, nor would I ever date a black man. I personally am not attracted to them. In fact my peers feel exactly the same. The white women you speak about are invariably unattractive, overweight, and struggling financially. To be frank these tend to be women white men do not want, so they turn to black men. I don't think there's alot to brag about there. And why do you date them? I'm guessing no educated, attractive got her act together black woman wants your ass. You can keep having the white man's rejects, they won't mind.

t.w

oh, booo hooo #46, this isnt about black and white, this is about people getting all blown up over what someone said. i dont care how anyone perceives the constitution, i , and everyone else, has the right to say what they want, when they want, and to whom they want period. im sorry to hear of your husbands plight, but dont think for a minute that white people havent been used as slaves. it happens in this country all the time. but you dont hear us bitchin about it.

t.w

i meant # 47, sorry # 46

Renonta Mason

I JUST FEEL THAT HE IS ONLY DOING THIS TO SALVAGE HIS CAREER AND IT REALLY DOESN'T MATTER IF HE HAS BLACK FRIENDS, I WONDER IF THEY ARE STILL HIS FRIENDS. IT'S ALMOST INSULTING THAT HE WOULD CONTACT REV,. JESSIE JACKSON. HE DOESN'T DECIDED WHETHER OR NOT WE SHOULD FORGET OR FORGIVE HIM AND QUITE FRANKLY IT DOES NOT IMPRESS ME, IT ONLY PISSES ME OFF MORE BECAUSE HE IS NOW USING AFRICAN-AMERICANS TO GET HIM OUT OF SOMETHING HE HAS ALWAYS BEEN-A RACIST!

Ashley

OKAY, IM NOT UPSET I JUST WANT THIS TO CATCH PEOPLES ATTENTION. EVERYBODY IS SAYING LEAVE THIS MAN ALONE. WHY IS HE CONTINUING TO CALL PEOPLE TO HELP AND STUFF. HE NEEDS TO LAY LOW AND THEN HE MIGHT JUST GET LEFT ALONE. HE IS PUTTING HIS BUSINESS OUT THERE AND HE BROUGHT IT ON HIMSELF. BY THE WAY HES NOT SORRY. HE FEELS STUPID CUZ THE TRUTH CAME OUT AND HE GOT CAUGHT. WHAT A DUMBA**

Jason

No. 47: You bring up some interesting points in your post; however, I would like to comment on some of your points. I’m a strong believer that perception is reality, and here is an example I would like to use to make my point.

I was driving home one summer evening and noticed that there was someone walking down my street with a big sweatshirt on, hood pulled over his head, and gloves on. He looked like he was probably about 18 or so, and he happened to be black. Is that why I was concerned? Nope! I slowed down and took a long look at him, and saw someone else doing to same thing. When I stopped did either one of use mention his race? Nope. We did, however, comment on his rather suspicious clothes and behavior.

As it turned out he was visiting a friend in the neighborhood, and I guess was trying to look like thug, but was harmless. Although, it didn’t stop him from playing the “It’s because I’m black card.”

Now, would I have handled it differently is the person was white, Hispanic, or Asian? Not a chance.

Lastly, I’m not too sure where you live, but some of your comments strike me as odd. I find it hard to believe that an employee at a supermarket would think that a well-dressed and well-spoken black man would steal baby food. Or why a women would be scared that your husband, who was dressed in a suit, would steal her purse.

I’m aware that stereotypes do exist in our culture, but it’s all about perception. If your husband walks into a restaurant in a business suit, why would they think that he would be a cheap tipper? I don’t think they would.

I’m not sure where your insecurities are coming from, but it seems like you’re looking for things that just aren’t there…

We, are not amused.

#51 Shannon
Are you sure?
You know, once you've had a ride on the "anaconda of love", you'll never want to go back to your smart white BF.
I like white women because they have money, cars and like to live "on the edge" and what's wrong with "invariably unattractive, overweight, and struggling financially" white girls? They need love too!
I like to think of myself as the BLACK bird of happiness!
Black women just want families and all that other crap. I would bet that you are the only girl at BYU that HASN'T tried the dark side. It's great fun and it really pisses off your parents when you show up with me in tow!
Ah, too bad for you! Still...I'll be waiting just in case!

ArcticKat

Shannon,

I am in law school in one of the highest ranked law schools in the States. I come from upper middle class, 24 years old and happen to be dating a black male. He is a PhD, he pays his bills. Oh and did I mention he taught grad classes at Harvard? When we go to Patriots games we are glared at, mostly by ugly white men (of all ages) who have had too much to drink and glare at us because a young white girl is holding hands with a black guy. As if Id like any of them anyway.

I have been told I am attractive by MANY, and I turn down white guys all the time. I am sure a lot of white guys are nice, but too many of the good looking ones are frat boy Abercrombie-sissy drunks who will hit on anything breathing, and who treat every weekend like its Spring Break Cancun in terms of partying. They also are the most insecure f***ers you will ever meet. This isnt just guys who are 24. These types can even be into their 30s but have the maturity of a Freshman Boy.

For a good example look at the Duke Lacrosse team (99% White)

They think they are funny but the jokes they make are lame. If you even roll your eyes at one they get all offended and cocky and you can see the rage of embarassment if you bruise their ego. They dont handle rejection well, or their liquor for that matter. They also suck at dancing. Again, Im not saying all white guys are like this. Just the ones who are pests.

My black guy is honest, witty, a talented musician and economist. Very Accompolished, hes been published in some of the most prestigious of journals. He's by far, the hottest man Ive ever been with, and secure in his manhood. His family is very sincere and funny. Full of Doctors, Professors and Lawyers. I love him, and hes the love of my life. Hes also opened my eyes to how visibly and emotionally ignorant people like you and your "peers" can be, and I have been able to weed out the ugly former friends of mine over disagreement about this, and Ive not looked back.

Have fun being a snide c**tish bitch. It probably does ALL black guys a favor

ArcticKat

Shannon,

I have been told I am attractive by MANY, and I turn down white guys all the time. I am sure a lot of white guys are nice, but too many of the good looking ones are frat boy Abercrombie-sissy drunks who will hit on anything breathing, and who treat every weekend like its Spring Break Cancun in terms of partying. They also are the most insecure fuckers you will ever meet. This isnt just guys who are 24. These types can even be into their 30s but have the maturity of a Freshman Boy.

For a good example look at the Duke Lacrosse team (99% White)

Have fun being a snide cuntish bitch. It probably does ALL black guys a favor

barbie

t.w.

I actually agree with you on ONE point that you have made. It is true that as white people, we could never have a "whitey college fund" and that has been a joke in my family that we wish they had one so that we didn't have to pay to continue our education. It is unfair that black people can get special treatment because of their color. We would definately be called racist if we did that. We could never have a White Channel on tv. But, I am glad that they have the college fund, so that the poor black people can get out of the ghetto and educate themselves. That makes our entire community better. It helps people to get a chance to see beyond the bad situation that they have been raised in.

Believe me, if anyone in this world would have any cause to be racist, it would be me. I was raised in a predominantly black school and I was called "white girl", "cracker" and "honkey" all the time and yes I'm sure that at one point in my defense I said the word "n*gger" back. That was before I finally beat the crap out of some girl and them became friends with everyone.

I can see both sides to a point, but we are adults now. Things have changed since I was a kid. It has been twenty years since I dealt with that and I have never had a black person treat me that way in my adult life. I can love and hate ALL people, but not because of what they are rather than because of who they are.

Freedom of speech is great, but let's not abuse it. If I were to go in to an airport and jokingly say "I have a bomb" I would be arrested. It's just words right??

We, are not amused.

Hey all you white boys:
Be honest...which would you rather have, lots of nice things like # 42
OR
a dick so big that when you drop trou your woman smiles and swallows with pride knowing you're going to be banging her so hard and deep she might get a nose bleed?
If you said "nice things" then you are like one of them cowboys in that fag cowboy movie, or you're a liar.
BIG DICKS RULE!