Kramer Uses the "Black Friends" Defense

11/27/2006 12:36 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

In a desperate effort to salvage what's left of his poisoned reputation, a "shattered" Michael Richards told Reverend Jesse Jackson that he "loves" black people, adding that some of his "best friends were African-Americans."
Kramer says sorry

Interviewed on Jackson's "Keep Hope Alive" radio show on Sunday, the former "Seinfeld" star again claimed that he harbors no racist feelings toward black people, and blamed his racist diatribe on months of pent up rage that, "has no color."

Richards explained that he should have recognized his problem, when his frustration with hecklers started affecting his comedy routine. "It's a rough and tumble environment," Richards claimed, "I've been noticing how aggressive my work had been getting."

Jackson was convinced that the problem had deeper roots, telling Richards, "You used the word nigger, and then the lynching scene ... have you been here before?" Richards responded, "No, no, no, no, no. That's why I'm shattered by it. The way it just came through me like a freight train."

According to Richards' publicist, Howard Rubenstein, the disgraced actor has already begun psychiatric counseling in Los Angeles to learn how to manage his anger and understand why he made the racist remarks.

Lou

#35 Shaz I remember as well Jesse boy's "Hymie town" comment. But blacks don't apologize for NOTHING. Double standard. #12 Jim don't hold your breath, either, waiting for an apology -- same reason. ArcticKat just STFU - no one cares what color you are -- you're just plain stupid.

We, are not amused.

We'll have to wait for our friend JIM CROW to log back on during his lunch period...it's hard to be a racist when you have to go to school!

SCY

Who cares...he's a racist, just like some of the people on this site with their racially charged stereotypical posts.

Frankly it really doesn't matter except to the celebrity obsessed who have little if anything to show for it in their lives. Try getting a job and doing something productive.

barbie

Jim Crow

True or False?
You are a complete idiot

True or False?
You know that any black man can whip your white cracker ass!

True or False?
Though I'm a white girl, I think you are a dumb white cracker!!

I'll answer the last one for you...TRUE

We, are not amused.

Me+You=One scared whitey
True or False?
Was that YOUR bike? Where's your moms car, cinder blocks?
True or False?
Like fishes (Swimming is so...manly)
True or False?
Who doesn't, except poor dopes who can't sell their houses and move to where the winters are warm, like Alabama.
True or False?
That's so we can knock your weak punk asses on the ground when we're playing sports aganist you (except swimming).
True or False?
Men have an extra rib, women do not.
True or False?
I like your moms, she is a fine bitch and a proven breeder too!
See #1
True or False?
That's why it's called DNA, doofus
It's called SWAGGER.
Hurry back, before you get caught!

missy

After reading these comments I have come to the conclusion that all white people are racist. There is some deep denial here. He mentioned lynching, what about that is a joke. Everyone knows that he was not joking. You white are just using the joke thing as a scapegoat. None of you would be saying this if your picture was shown. As for the use of the word nigga in the black community don't worry about it. White people do me a favor stop trying to do everything we do and say everything that we say because you will never understand it. Therefore you can stop trying to use it to justify your racism. Stick with your own boring culture and don't worry about ours.

ArcticKat

for all of you douchebags crying about how theres never a "Whitey College Fund" If you had the grades to win ANY scholarships youd be satisfied with what you have won, and move on. But since youve never been handed a "free ride" for any so called, "brilliance" you blame it on blacks and other minorities.

"I was denied Harvard Admission AND Tuition because I am white"

you guys are ridiculous. Most college students get grants and waivers just for being enrolled and breathing. And for the others who bitch and moan about not affording it, there IS a thing called a student loan, and FAFSA (financial aid) who base aid on income.

Stop sitting on your broke asses crying and go to school, or if you did shitty in high school go to a community college and transfer to a 4 year. they will take anyone with a GED.

Grow up!

Go Away

#56 Jason,
Is it what we perceive or what actually is? The baby formula thing... this is true. But it's not all black men. It's any urban piece of shit (which can be any race) that is trying to make a buck stealing baby formula from grocery stores to sell to the inner city bodega type places. Why can they make money from that? Because the sleazy store owners that buy the stolen goods can mark up the price on the contraband so they in turn can make money. Why do people in these urban settings still buy the grossly over-priced baby formula? Because they can't afford to travel to another location to get these goods. There aren't that many moderately priced grocery stores in the densely populated urban areas. (Not yet anyway) It's really sad.
The tipping issue. If you visit www.bitterwaitress.com you will learn all about this. Waitresses say that most of the time... black people don't tip well. I can't say if this stereotype is true but a bunch of them on the site certainly think there is some truth to it. They've even made a code word to refer to this group in (what they think) is a non-racist manner.
Michael Richards is an idiot for what spewed out of his mouth. But if his profuse attempt at apologizing doesn't satisfy you people that are keeping a score card on this... what the hell will?

Why polish?

Why do some of you choose to spell accomplish incorrectly? This is incorrect ... accompolish, and offensive.

APURPLE_EMERALD

YOU GUYS ARE FUNNY, THIS CRAP IS FUNNY, A LOT OF YOU ARE DUMMIES! UM, NO AMOUNT OF APOLOGIZING WILL EVER BE SUFFICENT B/C HE'S A RACIST AND SEXIEST AND HIM SYAING HE'S SORRY FOR WHO HE IS IS JUST NOT THE TRUTH. NO WORRIES THOUGH THOSE ARE HIS DEMONS HE HAS TO DEAL W/ WHEN ALL IS SAID AND DONE $ WILL HEAL NO HURT FEELINGS. THAT BEING SAID LET ME SAY TO THE DUMMIES A FEW THINGS: 1) STUDY YOUR GRADE SCHOOL GEOGRAPHY B/C IT'LL SAY IN THERE THE CONTINENTS WERE ALL JOINED AND THE OLDEST FORM OF LIFE COMES FROM AFRICA-- LET'S DO SOME THINKING------BINGO, WE ALL COME FROM AFRICA DUMMIES, BY THE WAY, HOW IS THIS YOUR COUNTRY IF UM, SAY YOU KNOW THE INDIANS WERE ALREADY HERE? I'VE ALWAYS PONDERED THAT, MAYBE ONE OF YOU OH SO SMART GUYS CAN TELL ME. 2) YOU GUYS WHO SAY WE WHINE AND PLAY THE "RACE CARD"-- IS IT US OR IS IT YOU THAT LIKES TO COMPARE AND CONTRAST THE RACES ANYTIME SOME S*** HITS THE FAN. YOU'RE DUMB TO SAY WHITE PEOPLE CAN'T PROTEST IF THEY ARE DISCRIMINATED AGAINST WHEN THE TRUTH IS YOU CHOOSE NOT TO PROTEST B/C YOU'RE WEAK. WE'VE ALWAYS BEEN A STRONG PEOPLE WE DID BUILD THIS COUNTRY ALONG W/ EVERY OTHER NON-WHITE RACE IN AMERICA. DON'T GET ME WRONG, I HATE NO ONE BUT SINCE SOME STATEMENTS WERE MADE AND WE'RE 'PROTECTING THE CONSTITUTION' I FELT I'D THROW IN SOME KNOWLEGE FOR YA. 3) SO I GUESS NONE OF YOU SAY THINGS TO YOUR FRIENDS THAT THEY FIND FUNNY, B/C THEY KNOW EVEN IF THE PHRASE IS OFFENSIVE YOU ACTUALLY MEAN NO HARM, YOU'RE POKING FUN OF YOURSELF AS WELL SO TO SPEAK. BUT I'LL BE DAMNED IF ANYONE OUTSIDE OF YOUR PEERS USES THAT PHRASE OR TERM AND THEN SOMEONE HAS CROSSED A LINE... GET OVER THE "N" WORD OK, BUT IF YOU'RE GONNA USE IT, LOOK TO YOURSELF 1ST CAUSE IT MEANS IGNORANT, (NOT BLACK, OR PORCH MONKEY-NAH IGNORANT IS WHAT IT MEANS) 4) DON'T BE MAD OR JEALOUS THAT WE HAVE A COLLEGE FUND, I MEAN WE DID INITIATE IT, AND WE DO FUND IT, NOT YOU, IF YOU WANT ONE, TAKE THAT UP W/ YOUR SENATOR KAY. 5) OKAY, WE GET A MONTH AND YOU WANT ONE. I GUESS YOU'RE TOO DUMB TO REALIZE WE GET A MONTH SO WHAT THE HELL ELSE YOU THINK WE'RE LEARNING FOR THE REST OF THE YEAR IN HISTORY CLASS?! IT'S YOUR FABRICATED FORM OF HISTORY-- ALL OF WHAT YOU'RE NOT ASHAMED OF AND WILLING TO LET US KNOW. WE GET 1 MONTH OUT OF 12 AND THAT'S TOO MUCH FOR YOU.....FOR NOW I'LL LEAVE YOU WITH THIS-- GOD IS LOVE HOW CAN YOU LOVE AT ALL WHEN YOU HATE WHAT GOD IS AND CREATED. I DON'T HATE, BUT I FEEL BAD FOR IGNORANT PEOPLE AND SOCIATIES. SLAVERY HAS BEEN ABOLISHED, DON'T BE A SLAVE TRAPPED IN YOUR BACKWARDS HATING MINDS CUZ THAT'S WHAT YOU ARE, SLAVES TO B.S........TRUE ROYALTY REIGNS--PURPLE_EMERALD

jennifer

#69 (Loser) - on this board, people are always making "skeptical" claims as to their importance and accomplishments in society. You seem to protest too long and loudly about your black man and his assets. If you are happy with him, then who the hell cares? You shouldn't care what anyone else thinks, girl, get a backbone and grow up. Your last sentence tells me all I need to know about you --- you've got one big chip on that shoulder of yours, kiddo.

ArcticKat

RG I used to be a waitress and bartender to pay the bills in College and actually, white trash dont tip well and have the most obnoxious and unbehaved kids ever. I Ive worked for Fridays and the Back Bay Restaurant company. White trash dads bring their kids the the bars in the daytime for "quality time" (Never a black person has done this at MY bar) And Ill have to get a coloring book and Crayons from the hostess to keep the kids from bawling their eyes out in boredom and neglect from their white trash dads who wont even get their kids a glass of milk. You think they tip well? Umm, no!

White Trash moms usually let their kids order the whole menu and hold burping contests.

Rachel

My my, didn't I touch a nerve for giving my opinion.
#69, yes I'm sure you're constantly told how gorgeous you are, and I'm sure your boyfriend went to Harvard and he's written numerous ARTICLES. Now what is the young man's name, I'd certainly love to read those articles. AND a musician. Wow. Amazing how simple it is to make up such a load of crap when no one can verify it. Why aren't you studying for finals today? Amazing the number of law students/lawyers on TMZ. I'm surprised our entire legal system hasn't cease to function. By the way, I'm in line for the throne of England. That must be true because I typed it!!! Thank you for my laugh of the day. Good luck with Antwon Sha'quille LeTyrone ha ha

A history teacher

Whoa! I'm amazed by the kinds of emotions expressed in this column!
Maybe its healthy. But, I for one believe in forgiveness! If any of you've been in a stressful personal situation, on stage, or in a job-related environment where your liveliness was at stake, ...its easy to get carried away. Now, try to imagine all three happening at once. ...Please think about it!

Yes anger, racism, discrimination are extremely common, and not always against another race! That doesn't mean that its ok... Yes, this is the purview of psychologists. If you think that most of us are beyond this kind of behavior, just read the comments in this blog! The point is not that its unavoidable, but that we need to be more responsible, which is not easy for ANY of us!

Seriously, let's try to understand each other... It is not always easy, but ...its the only way to avoid WAR! We can do better!

barbie

Shannon, I do not have a black boyfriend. My boyfriend is white. However, I have met many black men that fit the description that #69 gave. It is not hard to believe. As far as only fat or ugly white women being interested in black men. I don't know what little hick town you came from, but I grew up in Florida and also lived in NY where there is a lot of interracial dating and most of the white women that I have met or seen who date black men are very attractive and educated. Most of the black men that I have met are ver attractive, educated and successful. I have never dated a black man but have dated a few hispanic men. Is that a problem too or do you only hate black people?