Snoop Dog

Arrested Outside 'The Tonight Show'

11/29/2006 1:52 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Snoop Screen GrabRapper Snoop Dogg was arrested Tuesday night for allegedly possessing drugs and a firearm.

Detectives from the Burbank Police Department served a search warrant on Snoop, whose real name is Calvin Broadus, outside NBC studios in Burbank at approximately 7:30 p.m. this evening. Police say they found the rapper in possession of cocaine, a firearm and a large amount of marijuana. He was also cited for allegedly having a false compartment in his vehicle.

The rapper had just performed on "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno" and was leaving the studio when police pulled his car over on Bob Hope Drive and placed him under arrest. Bail has been set at $60,000, and TMZ is told that the lawyer for the rap star expects him to be released sometime this evening.

During the performance, Snoop clutched a microphone with a large marijuana leaf symbol displayed across his hand.

Law enforcement officials tell TMZ the search warrant was conducted as part of an ongoing investigation into the Dogg's arrest earlier this month at the Burbank Airport, after he allegedly tried carrying a gun in a carry-on bag onto a plane.

Previous 15 Comments | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12

james

did everyone forget he was involved in a murder! a few years ago? the state of california botched the evidence! money and a good lawyer.and a lot of lieing. got him the same sentence o.j. got. there poor kids! living with murders. some roll model! last time he was on jay leno. jay asked him if he was going to go straight ?and did he learn any thing? he said yeah! another lie out of the doogs mouth!

trish

please just go to jail. dont wait for the arrest just go to jail. you snoop dog or whatever you are called. go to jail do not collect $200.00. i cant believe you want to continue to carry yourself like you do.

BIG MAJESTY

there are a lot of idiots out there, i swear. oh, and i'm not talking about snoop dogg, but i'm talking about some of the people on here. SOME PEOPLE SAY SOME OF THE DUMBEST THINGS! somebody even said that snoop makes is race look bad, but I'M caucation, and WE have problems with crazy ass serial killers, but i don't think it makes my race look bad. oh, but i would DEFINITELY say that Snoop's situation is nothing compared to that. THE POINT IS, EVERYBODY SMOKES WEED. I DON'T, BUT SH*T, I DAMN NEAR THOUGHT THAT I WAS THE ONLY ONE WHO DIDN'T. I'M GONNA BUY HIS NEXT ALBUM, THE ONE AFTER THAT, AND ALL OF THE ONES TO COME. OH, AND HE STILL GONNA HAVE MORE MONEY THAN MOST OF YOU DUMMIES THAT SAID SOME STUPID SH*T.

melanie

alot of put down Snoop and i think you are all mistaken i dont think he was wrong alot of people smoke weed and do you remeber when tupac and biggie got shot i do and i dont blame him for carrying a gun id want to watch my back if was in an ongoing rap fudes i dont think he should have had coke on him but like i said i would have been watching my back to and EVERYONE knows Snoop smokes weeds come on now thats why they wanted to bust him i think it was racail and about the publisity and i am a white girl so go figure there is to much racial sh*t going on and if you kept up on it you would know that....poor snoop and i will buy his cds and support him and that is my opionion everybody has one i think he is a role model for the youth he has done alot of good things he is not a bad person!!!!!
ALLLLLL MY SUPPORT SNOOP GOOD LUCK

Anabella

Oh yea and i suppose the white people are also jelous of how stupid snoop was by getting busted with marijuana! Yea right! Get real people!

dave

Leave the Dogg alone for goodness sakes! Why are the politicians wasting our tax dollars chasing Snoop Dogg around? How much detective work did it take to figure out that Snoop Dogg was in the vicinity of some weed? And of course he carries a firearm - any celebrity in El Lay probably needs to carry one...

Is it a coincidence that Snoop gets Pop'ed after a tonight show Weed leaf bling incident and just a few weeks ago Willie Nelson's bus was pulled over the day after he & Texas Gubernatorial candidate Kinky Friedman called for decriminalization Or were both Snoop & Willie's bust also just good police work?

Why are our politicians making examples of these people? The El Lay politicians want to add to the USA's World Record for the greatest number of citizens incarcerated... "Land of the Free"? not to a whole bunch of your fellow citizens and mine?

There's Something Happenin' Here - You better Stop what's that sound? Everybody Look what's goin' down – déjà vu all over again!

knobbie

Narcotics+ firearms possesion at the same time is a felony.I dont care if hes white black or polkadot pink...he should get 10 years, but ill bet he wont..money is the deciding factor if someone goes to prison these days...nothing else.

rudedog

any publicity for a celeb ...is....good publicity...period....it puts them in the limelight and it doesn't hurt their fanfare...i mean look how paris' rep and roles in movies and "career" just exploded after the sex tape scandle and the no panties for her, brit-brit, and lindsey...its an old addage...any publicity is good publicity and its proven true over the years!

James

Sounds like plain old HARASSMENT from the pigs to me. They say they searched him as part of an investigation from the past, that's BS. And cops wonder why nobody stops to help them when they are getting their asses kicked on the side of the road.

MICKEY MOUSE

you press love crap like this-you make rap artist like gods and when they do wrong you act suprise, beside a COMMON man will go to prison and jail- they get 10-30.000 fine and their people will clean up the mess. so what else is new.

nilpojsinaj

Get on those knees,
And say please.
So I love no one
So I love no one
So I love no one

NativeVT

To all the folks who take the time to type comments:
Why not try spelling your words correctly, use correct tense and God Forbid maybe even sound intelligent with some correct grammar usage from time to time.

If what I read here and lots of other places reflects our 'education', we are in deep doo-doo!

kane

dnt lock da guy up man giv him a break hes a farther man nw ya get mi out ov getto helpin kids out man con

dids

yes snoop. don't hide it. let the brainwashed people cast judgement about smoking the magical herb.
all smokers should be open about it. take whatever comes. its an unjust law.

Previous 15 Comments | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12