Snoop Dog

Arrested Outside 'The Tonight Show'

11/29/2006 1:52 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Snoop Screen GrabRapper Snoop Dogg was arrested Tuesday night for allegedly possessing drugs and a firearm.

Detectives from the Burbank Police Department served a search warrant on Snoop, whose real name is Calvin Broadus, outside NBC studios in Burbank at approximately 7:30 p.m. this evening. Police say they found the rapper in possession of cocaine, a firearm and a large amount of marijuana. He was also cited for allegedly having a false compartment in his vehicle.

The rapper had just performed on "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno" and was leaving the studio when police pulled his car over on Bob Hope Drive and placed him under arrest. Bail has been set at $60,000, and TMZ is told that the lawyer for the rap star expects him to be released sometime this evening.

During the performance, Snoop clutched a microphone with a large marijuana leaf symbol displayed across his hand.

Law enforcement officials tell TMZ the search warrant was conducted as part of an ongoing investigation into the Dogg's arrest earlier this month at the Burbank Airport, after he allegedly tried carrying a gun in a carry-on bag onto a plane.

Ann

To Lenn K

Of course he's an unfit father. That's not news. The differnce beteewn his situation and Britney's is that Snoops kids have their mother with them on a full time basis and his children aren't new born infants!!!! Britney doesn't have Kevin. It's her responsibility to look after those children. She decided to become a young mother so she needs to take motherhood with all it's responsibilities. As a woman it's sickening to know that she would rather go out partying instead of being at home and taking care of her children. Why is she partying EVERY night? She gave up the 20's lifestyle as soon as she decided to be a young mom.

As for Snoop, I don't think he ever misrepresented himself. He's been that way from day one and even before he was famous so no surprises there!!!

To all those people saying that black people always cry fowl... the fact is alot of white people do the same thing as people like Snoop but they don't get caught because they don't get harrassed. When I was in school, all the people I knew that did drugs were the white ones. In fact, one of our classmates ended up in the East River... he was white and he was the supplier. So can we stop PRETENDING to be ignorant? We all know it's true.

How many of us will clutch our bags while walking down the street if we see someone black but don't do the same when we see someone white? How many of us see a white person running down the street and think "oh he's late" but if it's a black person we think "well what did he do this time?" I do it and i'm admitting it. I think we all need to look in the mirror.

yir ma

"They set him up", this is truely the responce I would expect from all his gangster pindick criminals that makeup this culture of thugism. C RAP is most degrading thing sence slavery and these people just love it. Just goes to show you don't need talent to do cRAP.

Ann

To your mama

Please look for a remedial English class in your local area and sign up. The only thing worse than a "thugged out" rapper is an uneducated idiot.

yir ma

Why is it our fault that when a black man walks bye we ALL ARE more cautious, the thing is , THAT THEY HAVE TO TAKE RESPONCIBILITY FOR CREATING THIS REACTION. THE JAILS DON'T LIE, MABEY A COUPLE TWO OR THREE HAVE BEEN RAILROADED, HOW DOES THAT ACCOUNT FOR 80% OF INMATES BEING BLACK. HELL MAN UP AND FACE THE TRUTH, THE cRAP CULTURE IS ABOUT BEING A CRIMINAL. SO, IF LADIES OF ALL COLORS WATCH THEIR PURCES WHEN A BLACK MAN WALKS BYE, WHY IS IT SOMEONE ELSE'S FAULT THAT THE LADY HAS LEARNED TO BE PROTECTIVE OF HERSELF.

yir ma

MY COMPUTER HAS SPELL CHECK FOR C**TS LIKE YOU. OH DID I SPELL C**T WRONG, K**T. TYPICAL NOT TO HEAR THE MESSAGE AND BLAME EVERYONE ELSE FOR IT. YOU ARE OBVIOUSLY PERFACT, A PERFACT K**T.

moretocome

Some of you racist stink up these posts. please go to kkk.com and stay away from celebrity blogs. Asswipes.

yir ma

UNEDUCATED ARE YOUR THUG N*GGERS OF ALL COLORS THAT YOU RESPECT SO MUCH, THIS IS TYPICAL OF AN EDUCATED C**T WITH A BIG HEAD. SO LOOK DOWN YOUR NOSE AT SOMEONE ELSE YOU PERFACT WHORE, SO GET BACK ON THE CORNER AND SELL YOURSELF FOR 20 BUCKS K**T.

yir ma

THATS ANOTHER TYPICAL RACISTS, YOU ARE BLIND IN THE BRAIN.

Lauren

Snoop please dont sport USC gear. We dont want your "fans" associating USC with YOU of all people. TRUE Raider fans are still pissed how gangbangers and lowlifes hijacked all/any Raiders attire, making it the pretty much the gang member uniform! BTW, you and football dont mix, that "snooperbowl" sh*t is whack!

yir ma

To nobody, this is funny to be called KKK ,the only thing is you didn't say, poop dog was wright or wrong for carring a gun, only that I'm a racist. so why aren't you and yours saying, "we need to get this culture of cRAP away from our kids, so they won't need excuses when there in front of the judge black or white. So just keep showing your hand and us KKK's will will not wonder why your kids are behind bars, and mine are @ KELLOG buisness for his masters like his daddy. So you think I'm kkk , funny I'm saying things that hurt you and cRAP dosen't. You will never see the truth if that is the case.

Nick

I'm white, smoke weed everyday, and just generally do victimless sh*t to get me in trouble. I've had cops see what me and my friends were doing and continue passing on by.

If I was black, trust me, I'd be in jail for dealing, even though I never did.

I don't know of any white drug dealers who have went to jail[or been cought generally], unless they lived in a non-white neighborhood.

I live in long island, NY. The system is racist everywhere. If you're skin color isn't white, you already have cops looking at you a little more closely.

He was arrested after leaving the tonight show... It sounds like the police should be doing a real job other than waiting for snoop dogg to leave a studio with some weed.

Tax dollars should be solving real crime. Crime that negatively effects people who do not wish to be negatively effected.

Also, theres no related DUI charge, so it really was just a complete waste of police resources to stake him out and arrest him.

Ann

Your mama-
Perhaps I have chosen the wrong person to enlighten. You don't seem to know much about the justice system. For you to say that only one or two black people in jail are wrongfully incarcerated is naive, at best. There are MANY innocent people in prison. Not just one or two!!! Also not only black people but people of all races. In the legal system there are more white people being arrested for the same crimes as black people but the punishment is different. Many white people get community service and have to pay a fine while their black counterparts are incarcerated. I could try to educate you some more but I feel it will be lost on your intellect. I'll wait for someone who has the capacity to understand.

Ann

To your mama:

If you hate black people so much, why are you spending so much time and wasting so much energy on them? Skip over their stories and give Britney Spears some attention. To be quite frank, I think you are just doing this for laughs. Well your lack of an education is no joking matter. Tell me which area you live in and i'll look up the information on that remedial class for you. After all, what is life if you can't help the less fortunate.

Oh... and are you really trying to tell us that you have children at University? Like anyone is going to believe that? They must be "your children by a different father!!!" You don't have kids. In fact, the more I read your posts, the more i'm convinced that you haven't passed the age of 10. UMMMM shouldn't you be at school right now little one?

HAHAHAHAHA

yir ma

Wow that is so silly to focus on the one or two comment when the vast majority of blacks have this cRAP mantallity, I'm only on the side of the poor kids that are raised to hate their own, because of this filth, and you want to say that I'm a bad man. PLEASE EDUCATE YOUR OWN.

the wise old owl

pOST # 36 AND # 39 Green day ( I should of known you were a woman )

Post # 48 tb
Post # 49 DEBORAH
Post # 58 notafan

I would like to thank every one of you for your kind remarks and " watching my back" I appreciate your kind words of Encouragement. I welcome intelligent and insightful bloggers. You know that in turn......I will always be watching your back too. I consider all of you " my peeps " Thanks again.......BLOG AWAY

TO DAVE ............It's evident that I am not writing positive things about myself. I think you have just LOST THE BATTLE. Next time you should sign on with a different name. because no one likes to hear remarks from an IDIOT !! Try sticking to the subject matter. It might help.