Snoop Dog

Arrested Outside 'The Tonight Show'

11/29/2006 1:52 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Snoop Screen GrabRapper Snoop Dogg was arrested Tuesday night for allegedly possessing drugs and a firearm.

Detectives from the Burbank Police Department served a search warrant on Snoop, whose real name is Calvin Broadus, outside NBC studios in Burbank at approximately 7:30 p.m. this evening. Police say they found the rapper in possession of cocaine, a firearm and a large amount of marijuana. He was also cited for allegedly having a false compartment in his vehicle.

The rapper had just performed on "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno" and was leaving the studio when police pulled his car over on Bob Hope Drive and placed him under arrest. Bail has been set at $60,000, and TMZ is told that the lawyer for the rap star expects him to be released sometime this evening.

During the performance, Snoop clutched a microphone with a large marijuana leaf symbol displayed across his hand.

Law enforcement officials tell TMZ the search warrant was conducted as part of an ongoing investigation into the Dogg's arrest earlier this month at the Burbank Airport, after he allegedly tried carrying a gun in a carry-on bag onto a plane.

the wise old owl

Post # 47 Len K. Missed your comment earlier. Thank you ! I have seen many of your comments and enjoy reading them

Post # 73 : your mama: IN response to your question to me.

I never viewed this as " racial issue " I think "CELBRITY STATUS " has much more to do with it than the Color of the skin. If it would have been Keven Federline with the same record Snoop has.... I believe he would have went down the same way.

The police took advantage of that and SENT A MESSAGE. You can't do illegal things like Snoop and continue to " get away with it "

When you have " secret compartments in your car. When you carry guns and have controlled substances with you. Than you better be prepared to " DO THE TIME " if you get caught. Do I agree with the tactics of law enforsement and how they went about this ? NO. But I do believe that with Snoop's track record he shouldn't have been taking those risks. The odds were against him from the get go. I mean come on. Law enforsement views him as a " GANSTA ". He knows if he gets pulled over they are going to do some serious sniffing. The man is a FOOL.

agree with Post # 69 Nick : I think he is right. Although I don't take notice or judge someone based on the color of their skin. Law enforcement does. This isn't any kind of " BIG SECRET "

I don't agree with people who insult others who aren't fortunate enough to have gotten an education. I particularly don't like when the focus is on the spelling of words and typo's. This is a forum of OPINIONS. There is nothing wrong with your opinion. ( next time you write a blog just click onto your write mail box at the top of the page.......write the word in the E-mail. DO a spell check and than go back to writing your blog.

) LIfe is too short to take any " heat " from others who don't like reading misspellings. You are intitiled to your opinion .....just like Rachel is.

Rachel has something to contribute and so do you. Don't let others scare you away. Just try the spell check thing. Then the visitors to this site won't be focusing on your errors. They will only be absorbing only your " opinion " Not the mistakes. I hope that helps.

ROCK ON EVERYONE. This has become a heated topic !!!!

blah blah blah

83. your mama

JESUS CHRIST SUCH HOSTILITY AND ANOMOSITY YOU HAVE. PACK THAT VENOM YOU ARE SPRAYING AT EVERYBODY AND USE YOUR ENERGY ON SOMETHING MORE PRODUCTIVE, WILL YOU???? Good god give me a break with blame blame blame. It's your fault, It's everybody else's fault. Get over yourself and take responsibility for your own actions. And the same goes for Mr Snoop Snoop himself. He needs to accept what ever actions are taken on his behalf for nobody else put a gun to his head and made him do a damn thing. He is a grown man and has brought this on his own self. When you do (sh*t for brains)
things that are knowingly illegal, disciplinary action follows my friend.
LOOK AT YOURSELF INTHE MIRROR
YOU LOOK LIKE A FREAK

Posted at 1:28PM on Nov 29th 2006 by black white red yellow WHAT EVER

92. "Wow that is so silly to focus on the one or two comment when the vast majority of blacks have this cRAP mantallity, I'm only on the side of the poor kids that are raised to hate their own, because of this filth, and you want to say that I'm a bad man"

Man, please. Are you telling us that you know the vast majority of Black people? Because I'm Black, and I don't....but I WAS raised in a home with two parents who did not condone any type of "crap mentality" and who seem to have had more values than yours - I'm assuming you learned this hateful vibe from YOUR mama, who need not be proud.

And as far as being "on the side of the poor kids raised to hate their own" - are you REALLY? Because it seems doubtful. What have you done for any kids anywhere lately? Other than post hateful comments on a gossip blogsite?

* shaking my damn head *

Posted at 2:02PM on Nov 29th 2006 by Selah

93. your mama
looks like you have nothing else to do with your time other than hide behind your PC and bash the world for all your shit. you started out with blog #53 at 6:28 through blog #91 at 11:42 according to your time. Do us all a favor and
SHUT THE FUCK UP

Posted at 2:12PM on Nov 29th 2006 by SHUT UP

Heed to everybody's advise and shut the fuck up

blah blah blah

102. 83. your mama

things that are knowingly illegal, disciplinary action follows my friend.
LOOK AT YOURSELF INTHE MIRROR
YOU LOOK LIKE A FREAK

Posted at 1:28PM on Nov 29th 2006 by black white red yellow WHAT EVER

* shaking my damn head *

Posted at 2:02PM on Nov 29th 2006 by Selah

93. your mama
SHUT THE FUCK UP

Posted at 2:12PM on Nov 29th 2006 by SHUT UP

Heed to everybody's advise and shut the fuck up

Posted at 2:55PM on Nov 29th 2006 by SHUT UP

yir ma

the truth hurts

John C jackson

Well, as far as the part about weed making you paranoid and fearing for your life..

Dont forget Snoop has had his life threatened and has been involved with people like Suge Knight, who is known to put hits out, physically terrorize employees and other music industry figures etc. His life very well could be in danger. Even if you remove yourself from gang life and situations like that, you are still going to be a target.

IMHO, there is nothing wrong with smoking weed or having weapons for SELF Defense. And I do neither.

blah blah blah

104. the truth hurts

Posted at 3:05PM on Nov 29th 2006 by your mama

THE TRUTH DOES HURT DOESN'T IT

donna

Snoop is just being his self leave this man alone and go do your job and arrest the real creeps a joint are two aint hurt nobody it just make U relax and enjoy life a little more. so the police that are setting and waiting on SNOOP U should have UR paycheck docked for not doing ur job get the car jackers the child molesters bank robbers YO mamma leave SNOOP be thank U always a SNOOP fan always will be HEY SNOOP DO THE DAMN THANG.

jim devlin

snoop should serve some time and get his head straight. i thought he officially came clean and said he quit the herb, guess not. but the fact is whether he is a role model or not, he still has kids, who probably adore him. but what are they going to think when they see dad with guns and drugs?? i don't know, maybe they will see it as normal, maybe they will be ashamed of thier father. either way it is a lose - lose scenario.

he WAS a talented artist (doggystyle was dope) but have you heard this stuff on the radio lately??? i would rather be locked in a small windowless room listening to K-fed than have my ears polluted with the crap he's spittin' these days.

yir ma

This man has basically said what I said, so where is all the bunk from BUTT UP IN THE AIR? CAN YOU SPELL HYOCRITE?

yir ma

WHAT YOU DONT HAVE THE BALLS TO PRINT MY WORDS, THIS IS AMAZINGTO ME, ALL THE BULLSH*T THIS SIGHT PRINTS AND THE TRUTH IS DEMONIZED AS KKK IF YOU DON'T KISS ASS, F*** THIS KISS ASS BLOG.

Friend

If there is anything that this guy Rasheem is not is black. He is just one to create and continue striffe and dissention. He is just a trick of these times.
Race differences are always going to be paraded and used as bait for those who want to perpetuate racism.
Our contempt for our differences is no more than poison for us and our children.
Love thy neighbor.

Rick

9. Leave my man Snoop alone. He just be smoking a little weed and ain't hurten nobody. The white racist cops are just jealous of his success and they want to bring him down, c'mom!

Posted at 12:31AM on Nov 29th 2006 by Rasheem

ANOTHER IDIOT HERE, YEAH YOU RASHEEM YOU STUPID A**HOLE, GUNS AND SH*T KILL, AND WHAT THE F*** AND WHO IS THIS SNOOP BITCH SO SCARED OF THAT HE HAS TO CARRY A GUN.......SOMETHING IS UP WHEN YOU HAVE TO CARRY A GUN WITH YOU EVERYWHERE YOU GO....SNOOP BITCH PROBABLY F***ED WITH THE WRONG PERSON AND NOW HE'S A SCARED A
LITTLE BITCH WHO CAN'T FIGHT WITH HIS HANDS, HAS TO HAVE A GUN...THIS IS NO MAN BUT A P***Y

yir ma

wow, you are a wise old owl. Peace to those who have the integrity to know right from wrong.

yir ma

This is true, the wise old owl is just that a WISE owl. My defencive comment was directly angry that an ass would try to belittle my words because I may have taken political liscence too spell the word 'thugism', this was not ment to become some racist rant. I must be honest, this blogging thing has made me much more critical of the do as I say , not as i do croud. The owl deserves all my respect, butt Rached you sorry ass can blow me. Did I spell blow me right?

Skrap

You know I normally dont go on these things and comment but you guys seem to have all the answers. You assholes make comments about these celebs, but realistically you have really sad lives if all you do is follow celeb business. Celebrities make silly ass mistakes just like you do but since you're broke as hell, I guess you feel its your duty as a common folk to pass judgement on people you have never met other than on a CD cover or silver screen. That is this worlds problem, everybody is worried about everything except for their own fuckin business. All of you smoke drink or have some type of addiction but you aint gonna admit you're a fucked up because its easier to acknowledge somebody else's flaws then to correct you own.

YOU BLOG BITCHES get a LIFE