Andy Dick

The New 'Kramer'?

12/5/2006 2:29 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

andy_dick_tmz-1Andy Dick hasn't learned anything from the Michael Richards incident.

According to sources, the hopped-up comedian hopped onstage Saturday at L.A.'s Improv comedy club and dropped the n-bomb on a room full of stunned clubgoers.

Andy was heckling comedian Ian Bagg during his routine, when Dick allegedly got out of his seat, jumped onstage and began joking with Bagg. The subject of Michael Richards came up, but the two comics quickly moved past it. As Dick exited the stage, he suddenly grabbed the mic and shouted at the crowd, "You're all a bunch of niggers!"

Prejudiced Celebs: Click to launch galleryThe stunned crowd gasped and stared at each other. Bagg tried to play it cool and move on with his set, but the laughs weren't there.

Calls to Dick's rep were not immediately returned.

UPDATE: TMZ has received a statement from The Improv acknowledging the incident: "The Improv is aware of Andy Dick's behavior on Saturday night. Our policy is that material deemed offensive by both famous and up and coming comedians is judged on a case by case basis. In this particular case, Mr. Dick was commenting on a current event. Was it intelligent? No. Was it funny? No. But was it racist? No. It was not directed at any audience member in particular and although it was in bad taste -- it was a comment on the Michael Richards fiasco."

Hello Kitty

Maybe his meds were mixed up.

Way to sink Michael Richards even more in his mess.

Why are people saying that MR rants made the sale of the season 7 dvd go up ? There were some really funny eps in season 7 and its taking away from the show to say that MR's rant pushed the sales.

Joe

What? No Video? What a gip.

Aeon Dwyer

Boo Hoo.
The N word has been used by rappers for the last ten years.
It is a word that blacks use on and among themselves.
Now, all you liberal loons want to gasp and gack when a white says it.
Shove your reverse discrimination PC up your collective arses.
N i g g e r s.

Steve

Double Standard, look it up. "They" can say it, but you can't. Sit back, take a deep breath and accept it.

Brad

Good grief. The guy is clearly taking the Mick. The whole Richards event became so blown out of proportion that people are right to take some cracks at it to put it all in context. Good for him.

Queen

Lori, I hope a black man with a huge penis rapes you and your white ass mother...........oh and your grandmother too. That goes for all the racist white bitches writing comments on here. You all are the most ignorant race there is. I wish one of you would say that word around me. I'd break your damn neck!

Mark

Free speech is, thanks to the sacrifices of both our military and great public servants and private citizens, the envy of the world over. Of course some people don't show common sense or compassion for others, but that's just too bad. If names will harm you, good luck in life (generally, some words have the potential to harm sensitivities, no doubt, but I've found the primer to be who says it (in that regard, people only have as much power as you give them)).

Mark

It must be a white supremacist posting under the name of Dean because I can't imagine anyone with the luxury of having access to the internet actually exceeding rascist expectations. Whoever it is, you're a coward and a low-life.
Btw, who the hell is moderating these postings? Many of my GOOD postings are dropped, while this gets through? Wtf?

Martin

Guys, grow some skin. He was making fun of Richards. Besides, it can't possibly be racism if he called EVERYONE the n-word. I know that it's much easier to not examine each situation on a case by case basis, but there was real vitriol with Michael Richards. Dick was just screwing with the crowd. I gurantee he didn't mean anything by it. If anything, this article and all of you are giving it far more weight and attention than it deserves.

Michael

I wish everyone would read this This guy has a major point and we as a society should consider his statements..... What IS ACCEPTABLE AND everyone should be held to the same standard... where HAS our morals gone???

Disgusted in Atlanta

PDX

To DJ Corey: I am glad you too find the use of the word disgusting.

You stated "YOU LET A COMEDIAN USE JEWISH EPITHETS AND SEE HOW FAST HE IS .. um.. BLACKLISTED." Well, I haven't heard a comedian (other than a Jew) do that fortunately... but... shouldn't your argument apply to Mel Gibson too? I don't see him being blacklisted. Maybe it is too early to tell. Maybe it was too late to stop Apocalypto. Hopefully, you were probably just trying to make a point and don't hate Jews.

The answer is not fighting, or lawsuits, or banning the use of the word. It's about proving ignorant people wrong, taking the high road, and letting them know that their pathetic words only make you stronger.

Rock on....

sheek

As someone previously mentioned, he was parodying Michael Richards, but you're all so busy being uptight and offended (sometimes on the behalf of others) that you can't even process what is immediately obvious. You say you're against hate but then viciously lash out at anyone who cracks a joke with some vile comments.

I also like how everyone leaves comments like "ANDY DICK IS NO TALENT" and then follows up with a joke like "HAHA HE IS LIKE HIS NAME HAR HAR GET IT??????" If that's not the pot calling the kettle black then I don't know what is.

p.s. haha get it???

Queen

Although I do believe Andy Dick did this as a joke, he did it at the wrong time. It seems like since this whole thing started, all the races have turned against each other. It's time to move on from this subject.

As for Dean, you can't possibly be a professional black man (I'm a black woman by the way). A real black man never would have made a comment like that towards all white people. You need to get a grip on reality. We all have to live in this country together. Please lets get it together people. What was said is said, let us now move on.

Queen

Excuse me Mark Paquette, Lori is white, I'm black, african american, negro. Me nor my ancestors wore that clown suit, but yours probably did. As far as my financial status, I'm almost positive I make more money than you. I'm an educated black man spewing my anger over all the hatred that the real white supremacists are posting here.

Queen, I never directed my anger toward "all white people" like you stated on your post. I directed it towards the "white racists". Clean your computer screen honey. This is no time for dyslexia.

Now if you all would excuse me, I have to return to my job as a high powered executive in an elite establishment. It's obvious you are all unemployed.

Realist

How come Kanye West isn't on your list he is one of the biggest Racists going. Of course there is not one African American on your list. White people are the only ones who can be racists. This double standard is getting real tired.

Realist