Andy Dick

The New 'Kramer'?

12/5/2006 2:29 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

andy_dick_tmz-1Andy Dick hasn't learned anything from the Michael Richards incident.

According to sources, the hopped-up comedian hopped onstage Saturday at L.A.'s Improv comedy club and dropped the n-bomb on a room full of stunned clubgoers.

Andy was heckling comedian Ian Bagg during his routine, when Dick allegedly got out of his seat, jumped onstage and began joking with Bagg. The subject of Michael Richards came up, but the two comics quickly moved past it. As Dick exited the stage, he suddenly grabbed the mic and shouted at the crowd, "You're all a bunch of niggers!"

Prejudiced Celebs: Click to launch galleryThe stunned crowd gasped and stared at each other. Bagg tried to play it cool and move on with his set, but the laughs weren't there.

Calls to Dick's rep were not immediately returned.

UPDATE: TMZ has received a statement from The Improv acknowledging the incident: "The Improv is aware of Andy Dick's behavior on Saturday night. Our policy is that material deemed offensive by both famous and up and coming comedians is judged on a case by case basis. In this particular case, Mr. Dick was commenting on a current event. Was it intelligent? No. Was it funny? No. But was it racist? No. It was not directed at any audience member in particular and although it was in bad taste -- it was a comment on the Michael Richards fiasco."

kaye maroon

the best comedy is usually in poor taste...unfortunately dick's comments didn't go over well. he took a risk which is something all great comedians do. everyone should lighten up about the n-word in comedy routines, it's an absurd notion to ban it!

Let me get my 2 cents in

I would like to know what idiots keep paying this guy to keep him in the business!! He is absolutely not funny not even to look at...just disgusting!!!

Sarah

Can we PLEASE stop with the racist triade? I'm getting sick of it. I'm like #247 Oreogeek. I myself am a black woman and was never allow to use the N word I don't think anyone else should either. Or any racist remark for that matter. People think it's funny but it really isn't. Its offensive no matter how you use it.

S

I feel this way everyone has come from a different culture & God made everyone & while everyone has come from a different walk of life that doesn't give anyone else no matter what color creed or race the right to call another person a belittling name under any circumstances. I mean think about how you'd feel if someone said those hateful words to you or someone in your family or race??? I'm an Indian & Darn Proud of it. I couldn't care less who calls me names cause I am confident in who I am & who my Ancestors are; & to me that's all that matters. If you have to lower yourself to calling another person names then obviously you've got problems that need to be Professionally worked out. It's because of all the Hatred in this World that's causing our Son's & Daughter's & Mom's & Dad's ect..... to not be with us anymore cause of our empathy for another person or even so low that people are starting to verbally attack small children that don't even know what's being said to them or understand why it's happening all they know is that they are for no reason being called names & being accused of doing things that they've not even done. So if you don't want to be a part of the Solution then put a sock in it; cause we've got enough problems in the world & don't need anymore of it. If it makes you feel like a real big person to do that then God Help You!!!!

Shannon

It was a joke. He's a comedian. Get f*ckin over it. everyone acts so damn stupid. why can't a white man joke on a black man, but a black man can joke on a white man?? its ridiculous. a joke is a joke, it doesnt mean hes racist!!!

Bri

Andy Dick is a horrible man in person. At a recent party, he accosted myself and one of my mates. Just ran up, lifted his shirt and tried to put his hand down his pants, shouting "Ooooh, Look at you." He was whisked away forcefully by a woman in a mini-cooper. There were three other men he'd assaulted similarly. Stupid cokehead jackass.

This was at White Lotus in Hollyweird.

charles

He was making fun of Richards for crying out loud. Not Black people!
Doe's everything have to be so PC now? Besides, most black comedians make fun of white people all the time! People need to stop being sooo scared!!!

Steve

Why can "African Americans" can each other "Nig****" and its o.k. but a white person can't? I think the whole country is too damn sensitive to NOT hurt ANYONE'S FEELINGS, Get over it, LIFE is LIFE, if you are so insecure to let a few words affect you this traumatically, it's not the loud mouth's that have the problems. Get a life, Get a job, Get over it, and Get HAPPY!......

sandy

This has got to be one of the most pathetic waste of tissue on earth! He was on Martha Stewart awhile back, and he is just nuts! I can't imagine anyone paying to see him. He is so disgusting!

brooke

who the heck cares about using the word n*gger, it's cool for the black folk to say stuff about white people right? GET OVER IT!! there are far too many problems going on then running around crying that someone said the word n*gger. get over it.

daniela

I F***ing love Andy ,come on give the dick a break he was prolly drunk or something!!!!!!!!

Dan

*yawn* next !

PN

I haven't liked Andy Dick since he left Saturday Night Live. He acts like he wants to do something crazy. And I don't know why he wants to do what Michael Richards did a month ago. It also comes off as outlandish and stupid!!!!!

Alex

Andy Dick is just doing that for attention, that's why he did his show just so people would think of him/know him, anyways that was a stupid way to get attention, i hope he gets his A** kicked

Newcents