Andy Dick

The New 'Kramer'?

12/5/2006 2:29 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

andy_dick_tmz-1Andy Dick hasn't learned anything from the Michael Richards incident.

According to sources, the hopped-up comedian hopped onstage Saturday at L.A.'s Improv comedy club and dropped the n-bomb on a room full of stunned clubgoers.

Andy was heckling comedian Ian Bagg during his routine, when Dick allegedly got out of his seat, jumped onstage and began joking with Bagg. The subject of Michael Richards came up, but the two comics quickly moved past it. As Dick exited the stage, he suddenly grabbed the mic and shouted at the crowd, "You're all a bunch of niggers!"

Prejudiced Celebs: Click to launch galleryThe stunned crowd gasped and stared at each other. Bagg tried to play it cool and move on with his set, but the laughs weren't there.

Calls to Dick's rep were not immediately returned.

UPDATE: TMZ has received a statement from The Improv acknowledging the incident: "The Improv is aware of Andy Dick's behavior on Saturday night. Our policy is that material deemed offensive by both famous and up and coming comedians is judged on a case by case basis. In this particular case, Mr. Dick was commenting on a current event. Was it intelligent? No. Was it funny? No. But was it racist? No. It was not directed at any audience member in particular and although it was in bad taste -- it was a comment on the Michael Richards fiasco."

Jo

It's not about comedians "making fun" of other races or using slurs - obviously that happens all the time and can be entertaining when used in a routine. HOWEVER, it crosses the line when comedians come out of character and attack audience members with racial slurs in a hateful context. This is true for black on white, white on black, indian on latino, WHATEVER the race may be. So please please please stop with your ignorant comments about supposed "double standards."

Cabo

#14 -- Uh, duh, yeah I think we all get it. That doesn't make it appropriate or funny. Go to the airport and make jokes about certain things when you are going through security. And when they arrest your ass, just tell them you're parodying the security guidelines and that IT'S A JOKE and give them a big "Jeez" while you're at it. Enjoy your time time in the slammer.

You are the one who is a JOKE! Don't assume everyone is stupid because some of us are not amused.

Dick is a dick!

Mad Balls

Probably funnier than Hughley at the start if " Big in 'o6" on VH1 . Just really bad . This should stop as It is not only not funny but really stupid . DICKHEADS . Andy Dick can be really funny or really be an a**hole . Those around him often say " I wonder who will show up ?? nice andy or a**hole andy . Two guesses who showed up this night .Dickhead.

Jenny

I agree that Michael Richards went way to far with what he said. My problem is this...... I'm so sick and tired of the way black people think they deserve something from white people. If i remeber correctly we (meaning white people) did NOT start slavery. Your own people put you up for sale and we just took advantage of it. I'm so tired of getting blamed for what happened to your ancestors. Get over it already!!!!! I wish I could have gotten a free ride to college for being white but um no I couldn't because I'm white. There was a report done not to long ago and actually white people are now considered the minority not black people anymore. I'm also so sick of white people getting passed up for job promotion becasue the company needs more black mangers so they dont get sued for discrimination. It's all so damn riduclous. Everyone just needs to get over it already. You guys have it way better than you think.

Jo

Silverman - I think it is very audacious of you to assume that you alone represent the views of the entire Jewish community. I beg to differ. I highly doubt that most of the Jews in the country "got over" Mel Gibson's hate-filled rant. And if you were in fact right about Jewish sentiments - I don't think there is anything to be "learned" from a community that ignores hateful diatribe and allows the world to believe that they are unaffected by such instances. It is important for communities that are discriminated against to speak out against such occurrences and to let the world know that it is NOT okay and that it should be stopped. How else are we all going to move forward in this world? Think about it.

Magical Mike

I am a black man and I could give a F*** what these comedians say.

I own my own business. I have a family and I am busy.

Who cares? If we (black people) spend our time worrying about everytime somebody said something bad about us then we are under control of the people saying these things. They are controlling our thoughts and our actions like we were f***ing slaves.

For that matter if any person worried about what everyone said or thought of them they would waste alot of time.

I control what I do, what I think about and how I conduct my life. Not some comedian or some website.

Smarten up people. I'm a black man and y'all acting like dumb asses.

I personally don't give a f*** what Andy Dick says. He can yell N***** all night and every one of his comedy shows. I am busy and it does not matter to me.

Also, like any other race, I certainly don't think the black community is above critism that's for sho'

Blacks are the most uneducated group of people, have the highest incarcaration rate, unwed teen mothers etc...etc....etc...so if a comeian or anyone else makes a comment or joke about that it's our own damn fault.

Don't worry N*****s. Get a Job instead and take care of your 10 kids from 12 different moms.

Dumb N*****s.

JolieIsFake

#44 - And I guess all of my ancestors who were murdered, raped, whipped, and tortured should have gotten over the way they were treated by your ancestors, huh?

I'm not the original poster, but I do think you should learn about history before spouting off and showing your ignorance. Blacks were selling blacks so you can't cry over something that never happened to you or me anyway. Guess you're one of the elementary school drop outs that we've heard about. Oh and BTW, I'm black, not a n*****, and not African-American (I was born in the U.S.). I don't use the word n***** unless I see, hear, or read something totally stupid and therefore, you are a n*****.

stef

He was making a joke you bunch of ultra sensitive asses! He was making a joke! Get over it! I was listening to a CD this morning in which the "N Word" - since no one has the balls to spell out n*gger, even though they have no problem writing out the "C Word" CRACKER - was used as every other word. Seems to me when black people run out of things to say they use "n*gger" as a filler. If you can use it so can we, go cry to someone who cares! "The stunned crowd gasped and stared at each other" - look at how the statement is worded. Media whores!

Kelly

#44 In case you didn't know...YOUR ancestors are the ones who started selling each other to the white man..If you want to blame anyone for what happened 400 years ago then you can blame your own ancestors. As far as using "n*gger", I don't understand why it's okay for black people to call someone racist for using n*gger...but it's perfectly acceptable for them to use the word n*gger on a regular basis.. If it offends you so much then get pissed at blacks who use it also. Ooh and also the statement about .."If you're so sick of it then why don't you say it to a black person and see if you don't get your ass knocked into next week?????" Yeah..that only adds to the reason why people want to call you a n*gger.

jim

I think that if the blacks can say N***** than everyone else can say it.. jeez everyone is such a cry baby whiner! I work in the service industry and that alone dealing with black people and there no tips and rude selfish behavior warrants a n***** or two here and there.. because bottom line "you act like a n***** you'll be called a n*****" its as simple as that.

Jack

Who's Andy Dick?

Greg

Hey, look! It's Andy Dick desperately trying to get attention.

Steve

Bad timing by Andy, but I really think he meant to parody M. Richards...funny to some & not to others. Bigger issue is why this is newsworthy??

Secondly ( waiting for the barrage of hateful comments on this one) black folks need to be more concerned with REAL issues than comments by ignorant white comedians - i.e. teaching their kids about Barak Obama, Condi Rice, Booker T. Washington instead of JayZ, Snoop & Allen Iverson

Angel

IF I REMEMBER CORRECTLY WASN'T IT ANDY DICK WHO TRIED TO MAKE ADVANCES TO WESTLY SNIPES SOME YEARS BACK IN A MENS ROOM THEN STARTED YELLING CALLING HIM THE "N" WORD AFTER WESTLY KNOCKED HIM ON THE FLOOR? THE RACIST SEEMS TO LIKE THROWING THE TERM AROUND LOOSELY

godzarmy

People you are all reaching for attention... People the only reason why the word n*gger is so bad is because you all deem it to be. In the dictionary, "niggerly" means to be a penny pincher.