What Garrison Did

Before Fatal Crash

12/5/2006 2:15 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Lane GarrisonTMZ has learned that "Prison Break" star Lane Garrison has hired powerhouse defense attorney Harland Braun in connection with last Saturday's fatal car accident.

Lane was at the wheel in his Land Rover on Saturday night when it crossed a median in Beverly Hills and crashed into a tree. A 17-year-old boy sitting in the backseat was killed and two 15-year-olds were injured.

Braun tells TMZ that Garrison had never met the three teenagers before the night of the accident. Braun says Garrison was at a local supermarket earlier in the evening when the trio recognized him in the checkout line and asked him if he wanted to go to a party. Braun says Garrison went to the party and had one drink. Braun says Garrison also had one margarita at a Mexican restaurant that night, but that was the extent of his alcohol consumption. Braun tells TMZ that as Garrison was leaving the party to meet a woman at his apartment, the three teens asked to accompany him. According to sources, the boy was an only child and was extremely well liked by his peers.

Braun says Garrison has no recollection of the accident, which Braun says rendered him unconscious. In fact, Braun claims Garrison's first memory was waking up at the Century City Hospital emergency room with a taxi coupon on his lap that had been given to him by hospital staff so he could get home. Braun says he was not told by hospital personnel that someone had died. He learned of the death later from a friend, Braun says, and was "totally despondent."

Braun says a sample of Garrison's blood was taken at the hospital, but it could take several weeks before the results are in. Braun says he doubts Garrison was intoxicated, but also says, "Who knows if someone put something in his drink at the party."

Braun also says Garrison's Land Rover had been experiencing alignment issues as of late and had been pulling to one side, and added that the SUV had brake problems. Braun says he is forwarding repair receipts to the police.

According to Braun, "Nobody knows what happened, it's a mystery."

Jo Blo

tl;dr AMY.

Maybe if you took your head out of your ass for five seconds, you'd realize that there are several people at fault here; and that not everyone who cusses a lot is a moron, or an outcast. Maybe that's what YOU were, but don't make dumb ass assumptions like that.

I very well know what vehicular manslaughter is. Quite well, actually. However, they didn't take a breathylizer test, so he will get off with a misdeamenor if he's charged with anything at all. Cry about it.

Any person who had gotten a proper education would know when to seperate their f***ing paragraphs, too.

Mary, stop posting that sh*t over and over again. If they wanted to go there, they would be there. Moron.

Jo Blo

Shut the f*** up "entrodelflamingo" - there is no such thing as "negligent manslaughter"

There is a vehicular manslaughter in the misdeamenor degree - which is what he'll be charged with if they can't prove he was drinking. (Which they can't. No breathylizer =/ no case. Looking drunk, and finding open booze doesn't mean sh*t.)

So how about you look sh*t up before you try and act all smart and sh*t spouting off the law lingo.

Jeanne

to number 45, I am very sorry about your friend. A lot of the people on this post are saying he was very well liked. This Garrison guy, even looks like a creep. What a pathetic excuse for a man. Your story makes more sense than his.

MaryMac

LOL

If you had read the posts you would have realized that I mistakenly sent the additional posts thinking the originals had not gone through. I am not a moron...just someone that would like to lead bereived children to a more appropriate place without the kind of crude language you so easily use here.

Happy Holidays!

Mary

Jo Blo

At least this idiot schizo can use proper capitalization and grammar.

I live in Jersey, thank GOD. Not that sh*thole Beverly Hills. The dumbass kid was probably dead before he hit the front seat; his soul was sucked out.

sam

Hey Billy Boy!

You look up Negligent manslaughter on the internet @sswipe.

There are two types of involuntary manslaughter statutes: criminally negligent manslaughter and unlawful act manslaughter. Criminally negligent manslaughter occurs when death results from a high degree of negligence or recklessness. Modern criminal codes generally require a consciousness of risk and under some codes the absence of this element makes the offense a less serious homicide.

Read a freaking book will you PLEASE!!!!

Now who's the Moron Bill? Beside THAT ONE WORD WAS FAR FROM THE POINT OF MY POST!

Who did you kill Bill that you would try to stick up for this total loser?

Amy

Post 143:
I apologize I sent my original twice. What I would like to say to you is that you are once again correct, not everyone who swears is an idiot. You may be the one and only one. I loved high school, college, grad school, and my current life, something that I know you cannot relate to. I've never been an outcast in my life, nor have I been unhappy, that is why I cannot understand where you are coming from. I have never posted anything on a blog before so I apologize if I am not putting my thoughts in correct “paragraphs" for you. I must reiterate though that I do feel sorry for you, and that I think your anger towards these high school kids is not only odd, but also it clearly shows that something from your past is making you feel that way. I urge you to go look into this; it's not a good way to go through life, hating the world. I know you will probably respond to this, but I will not respond to yours any longer, as I know it is petty and immature to respond to someone who obviously has issues. I wish you the best in your life, and hope someday you find yourself happy. To end I just want to reiterate again: Regardless the outcome, my thoughts and prayers are with the friends and family of the 17 year old who past away.

Curiosity Killed the KAT ;-)

ALL life is precious , Bob, even Bin Laden's. He is a monster, but he has a right to life, just like the people he murders do...

Me

#150: Mary, you don't think the Beverly Hills teens use that same language? You're sadly mistaken. Not all teens talk that way. However, to assume that reading these posts on TMZ must be hurting their virgin ears...you gotta be kidding.

By the way, don't make the assumption that everyone here is a moron who posts, and that only those at the Court TV site know the law. Some of us here know the law too. ;-)

Jo Blo

o amy u r so much smarter dan us all. lil miss PsYcHolOgIst and lil miss harvard grad LOL. no one cares. this is tmz.

Jo Blo

Don't worry, you are still a dumbass. You basically reiterated what I said in my post.

Go read a book on English, gringo.

sam

Can't admit you're wrong huh? LOL

sam

OK I hate to dive in here but entro-whatever is correct. Criminal negligent manslaughter is an option here. All they need is a few good witnesses and it won't matter if he took a breathalyzer test or not.

Jo Blo

entrodel is wrong. There are only two different kinds of manslaughter. Not four.

Jo Blo

Negligent manslaughter is a misdeamenor.

Since Lane was drunk, it is a felony.

They can't prove he was so = no case. Sorry boys and girls.