What Garrison Did

Before Fatal Crash

12/5/2006 2:15 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Lane GarrisonTMZ has learned that "Prison Break" star Lane Garrison has hired powerhouse defense attorney Harland Braun in connection with last Saturday's fatal car accident.

Lane was at the wheel in his Land Rover on Saturday night when it crossed a median in Beverly Hills and crashed into a tree. A 17-year-old boy sitting in the backseat was killed and two 15-year-olds were injured.

Braun tells TMZ that Garrison had never met the three teenagers before the night of the accident. Braun says Garrison was at a local supermarket earlier in the evening when the trio recognized him in the checkout line and asked him if he wanted to go to a party. Braun says Garrison went to the party and had one drink. Braun says Garrison also had one margarita at a Mexican restaurant that night, but that was the extent of his alcohol consumption. Braun tells TMZ that as Garrison was leaving the party to meet a woman at his apartment, the three teens asked to accompany him. According to sources, the boy was an only child and was extremely well liked by his peers.

Braun says Garrison has no recollection of the accident, which Braun says rendered him unconscious. In fact, Braun claims Garrison's first memory was waking up at the Century City Hospital emergency room with a taxi coupon on his lap that had been given to him by hospital staff so he could get home. Braun says he was not told by hospital personnel that someone had died. He learned of the death later from a friend, Braun says, and was "totally despondent."

Braun says a sample of Garrison's blood was taken at the hospital, but it could take several weeks before the results are in. Braun says he doubts Garrison was intoxicated, but also says, "Who knows if someone put something in his drink at the party."

Braun also says Garrison's Land Rover had been experiencing alignment issues as of late and had been pulling to one side, and added that the SUV had brake problems. Braun says he is forwarding repair receipts to the police.

According to Braun, "Nobody knows what happened, it's a mystery."

angry

Lane Garrison needs to simply GROW UP. YOU KILLED SOMEONE. You made many poor choices on that Saturday night and they ended up with a 17 year old dead. Take some responsibility for your actions. It doesn't matter who you are, what tv show you are on, what lawyer you can hire... you make choices in life, there are consequences to your choices and you must own up to your mistakes and take some f***ing responsibility. It sickens me to think that there is even a lawyer out there that would defend such a scumbag and make up such totally crap. Sure there are lessons to be learned about drinking and driving and about appropriate behavior but the biggest lesson of all here is that you need to take responsibility for your actions. No one should get away with murder, especially not someone like Lane, and especially not for the murder of someone so amazing as Vahagn.

Pops

Vahagn (with a silent N): we'll all miss you. You were a down to earth, hard working, loving young man. You brought a smile to your friends and were a bright shining star. My heart goes out to your wonderful parents and to all your friends at BHHS. I miss you and as you would say, "I love you". Pops

Beverly Student

To the author of comment #70
You OBVIOUSLY are totally ampathetic to this topic and as a student from beverly high and a friend of V's, I would like to make you think critically about the comments that you have made. You have probably never experienced a loss of a dear friend and think that teen deaths are common and irrelevant. Mostly because of what you see and hear about the everyday teen, alchohol, related deaths. Its like a quote Joseph Stalin once said, " One death is a tradgedy....... one million deaths is a statistic." This quote no matter how cruel is the honest truth of how people think please dont place my friend Vahagn into the "just another teen death" category because that shouldn't be a category in the first place. Life is precious and the lives of your friends and those close to you are precious, Vahagn was a great man with overflowing friendship and character and I'm sorry that it took his passing to help me realize how much i appreciated him, and his love. If one of your close friends, god forbid, were to die tommorow how would you feel, how much would you feel you didn't get to say to them to hang with them or just to tell them how much you appreciated their friendship. My biggest regret with Vahagn's passing is not getting a chance to tell him how much he really did mean to me and although that may mean nothing at all to you, please put it into perspective and apply it to your own life. And the next time that you hear about the death of a teenager involved in an alchohol related situation please dont mark it off as just another teen death because you are stripping these people of their individuality and you are forgetting that they are people and not just a tally mark on a forgoten piece of paper. And as for Lane Garrison I don't care what you say or how you say it the truth is that you murdered a person and critically injured another through your bad decisions, Succubus will probably lose millions of dollars but thats not going to affect the dynamics of your jail cell so dont worry about it

Beverly Student

F*** you insensitive b*stards bc you all know that Lane was wrong to take 3 minors into his car and that he is responsible for what happened. But its not your fault you've never had someone close to you stripped from you. AND NO ONE cares who Lane Garrison is I've never heard of the piece of Sh*t I've never seen his stupid show. And if any other adult had been driving this car then it would be case closed his fault in a second but since you keep judging us for calling the children in the car saints and fail to realize that it is LANE that is being put up on a pedastol you cant get past your stupid connnotations that it wasn't his fault and realize that he is guilty of MURDER. Have your stereo types of us Beverly Hills kids gone so far that you think weve even lost all emotion and are doing this for the attention of some trashy low profile actor? NO ONE CARES WHO LANE GARRISON IS VAHAGN IS OUR SUPERSTAR. IF and when all of you insensitive b*stards have someone who is dear to you taken away I want you to come back and read your comments so they can make you cry the way they made me and would make many others, but I pray to god that they will never have to see them

just the facts

I stand by my comment that there is blame on the parents of the house where this party was held.Here in NY State if you host a party at your home and someone who was at that party is injured/killed in an accident upon leaving the party they are indeed at fault. There are many cases where someone was killed/injured after a graduation party and the owners of the home where the party was held have been convicted and jailed.Maybe California law is different but don’t just assume I’m wrong because your feelings might be hurt.As my user name suggests I go by the facts as I know them…

ken Egan

Look you all have good points but the photos of him leaving the church show that he is clearly devastated by what he has done. Let's face it a MAJORITY of us drink and drive not matter what story hits the press. It's just a process of elimination or something like this to happen to wake us up. yes he could go to prison for this but in a society where prisons are already overcrowded, This is an instance where Lane is going to have to live with this for the rest of his life! He has to come to terms that he has killed another human being and he will be forever haunted by that. That's a level of guilt no one can overcome. As far as the rest of the story goes, I do find it very unnerving that he went to a party with 2 15 year old girls and a 17 year old boy. The man is 27 years old and should at least be hanging out with people his own age.

Lane

Where was the party held and who was the chapparone? Weren't parents supervising this minor party?

Lane

Didn't George Clooney run over his own pig with the car? lol too funny

Ella

I am a single mother of a teenage boy who also attends
Beverly High. For those of you ignorant people who think anybody who lives in BH is rich, you should know that V's mother is a single mom with very low income. She came to this country from Armenia in hope of giving his son a better life and education.
she has lost her one and only child and even more sad her only relative in this country.
Please let's keep her in our prayers and if you live close to her let's make sure she is not left alone. Let's open our homes and our hearts to her. That's the least we can do for her.

Syl C.

Apparently Lane Garrison is scared. Very scared. His amnesia must have been mementarily as he hired a high profile lawyer right away. He knows he was drunk and he knows he killed the teenager and critically hurt the other two riding in his car. He was the older one, he should have taken precautions and not have been drunk. Now, they are saying someone could have put something in his drink, yeah, right. He needs to be punished for what he did just like any normal Joe would be. He's just trying to protect his career and money and he sees it all floating away, that's why he cries. It's all PR to get sympathy. Why wasn't he at the hospital with the victims and their families? This man needs to be taught a lesson I hope for the sake of the victims and future victims of this drunk and liar, they send him to prison.

David

I go to BHHS - I can't believe my friend vahagn is gone...I hope Lane gets what he deserves..nothing can bring v back.

H

Here are my feelings. NO ONE can leave horrible comments defending Lane unless they knew V and the real story. I can admit, everyday sad stories happen, and they pass over your head. Its either, "So tragic." or you think, "I didn't know them. It didn't happen to me". That's how everyone is. Well it happened to me. It happened to V's family and the 2400 kids that go to BHHS. We got hit HARD. He was one of the most amazing people in the world. So, when I see people come in here and dismoralize or curse at my fellow peers, it is so hurtful. We are all trying to deal with the loss of a boy who so many of use felt to be so close to. To read articles and publicist's statement and think you have the right to judge the situation is WRONG. If you think for ONE second that Lane Garrison is telling the truth, man are you in trouble. He is an ACTOR trying to protect his JOB, actors will go to great lengths to do so. Were V and the other girls completely in the right? No. But, is this in anyway thier fault or issue. Absolutly NOT!

For my fellow BHHS student, what we did on monday was amazing. Everything you read one of these people stupid and moronic comments, think of how much support and love V had in his life. I honestly think this is a great way for certian of you to vent and share your feelings.

We are a united student body, something show greatly in this past week. We have to stay strong and not back down to the greater evil of "Hollywood".

just the facts

I do feel sorry for you students who have lost your best / close friend. I to lost some good friends when I was young and I still miss them to this day.
I do have a bit of advice for you all that are saying they are only minors. I wouldn’t get to hung-up on that being a minor thinking because a minor can and has at times been tried in court as an adult and sent to prison for anywhere from years to life so I would be very careful with the "I'm only A Minor" frame of mind. Just a little advice from someone who’s been there…

Baby girl

Everyone makes mistakes. Lane may or may have not been drunk but the truth of the matter is, is that it was an ACCIDENT! a tragic one that I am sure alot of people may miss the boy that was killed but he choose to get into the car with Lane. If you can't make good decitions for yoursellf at 17 well hell you are better off not being there at all

Jo Blo

lol Shut up all you moronic teenagers. All of your comments prove why you are not credible. You are uneducated freshman who know nothing of what happened. Only what people tell you, or what your DRUNK ass saw while you were there.

If you guys were such good friends, why didn't you stop them from getting in the car? Yeah, he was going to buy booze for all of you so when it works out in your favor, it's ok. Dumb f***ing teenagers.