Andy Dick:

'I Have Offended

a Lot of People'

12/6/2006 1:39 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

andy_dick_180-1Just hours after TMZ broke the story about Andy Dick's cavalier use of the N word in a comedy club this weekend, the alleged comedian has admitted that he made a huge mistake.

In an apology issued through his publicist, Dick said, "I chose to make a joke about a subject that is not funny. In an attempt to make light of a serious subject, I have offended a lot of people, and I am sorry for my insensitivity. I wish to apologize to Ian, to the club, and its patrons and to anyone who was hurt or offended by my remark."

Andy was heckling comedian Ian Bagg at L.A.'s Improv comedy club Saturday, when he sudddenly got out of his seat and jumped onstage, cracked jokes about Michael Richards, and referred to the crowd by the N word.

yirmine snipe

Okay he said he was sorry and it wasn't funny... exactly what part of his pathetic career was he saying he was sorry for? He's never been funny so is he saying he's sorry for existing?

muffin

Double standards. White people should fear the word but they use it like it's the word "the". Common, freedom of speech. In that case though, I would like a public apology from all black people for saying "cracker, white trash, honkie, whitey and most of all dumb white girl" Okay, go screw yourself. Black people are the most racist, ignorant people. Get over yourself already, you're no longer slaves. There is a whole never slave trade and it don't involve them working with a hoe, ho.

mark

I never thought Andy was funny before and this proves it. Andy just "Super - Sized" the issue here with Richards. What a baboon.

???

#26 Narens,how bout North Carolina Bluegumm

Alix

He's not even worth mentioning. Talk about a cry for publicity!!

stef

Dammit, stop apologizing already! The n*ggers get what they want when the white man apologizes for using the word n*gger. He made a joke, if you didn't think it wasn't funny then don't laugh!

Buster

All this is doing is making people want to say it more. Besides the n-word is from one of my favorite movie lines.

"What is this sh*t I hear about Bruce Leroy catching bullets in his teeth? N*gga please!"

We, are not amused.

MAN LAW #3:
From now on, the use of the phrase "The N word" is forbidden. It give the word N*GGER way to much power and it makes all who use the phrase appear to be doe-eyed-fairy-god-boys! You want to say N*GGER, say N*GGER. It's good for you and its good for our collective freedom of speech rights!

I feel better, how 'bout you?

Bear

He's such a train wreck anyway. I never understood how he has attained this little level of successful. He's not funny. He is annoying and pathetic.

Will

I think a black comic should have a white audience member heckle him and then do the exact thing that Michael Richards did but subistitute cracker. That would be funny:o)

Kendrick

Damon Wayans is a racist.

some like it hott

The things people do for attention...he should just stick to being Christina Aguilera's cousin (Daphne...I think) Better yet he shouldn't even do that...he wasn't funny then...

Andy Kaufman

Neither Richards nor Dick will ever reach the level of Kaufman. They apologize, they are posers.

Tommie

I GUESS THIS ANDY GUMP PERSON, WHOEVER HE IS, FINALLY GOT HIS 15 MINUTES THAT HE WAS CRAVING FOR. NOW HE CAN SLITHER BACK UNDER HIS ROCK AND CONTINUE TO BE A NOBODY.

just the facts

How did this douchbag ever get famous in the first place ?
" No Talent Fag Makes It Big In Hollywood "
No wonder the majority of product coming out these days is garbage...

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments