Reports that Britney Probed for Partying are Bogus

12/6/2006 6:12 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Britney Spears with no panties onReports are circulating that the Los Angeles County Department of Children and Family Services has paid a visit to Britney Spears because of her recent hard partying. I'm told that is simply not the case.

Reliable sources in the world of Britney tell me DCFS never questioned the panty-challenged singer about her late-night clubbing. I'm getting a sense that the agency may have questioned Spears in the recent past as a follow-up to the seat belt incident earlier this year. Of course, Brit aficionados remember that DCFS went to her Malibu home after learning that Sean Preston was a passenger in the car she was driving and he was not strapped in. No action was taken in that case.

When I was a reporter at the CBS affiliate in Los Angeles, I did a year's worth of stories about DCFS and how foster children were dying because of abuse that was never detected by the agency. DCFS is an understaffed county department that can't investigate all the truly serious allegations of child abuse. Even though Britney may be trading lullabies for Hyde, it's a safe bet she's got help at home. If DCFS investigated Britney's partying and at-risk kids were ignored, department officials would be skewered. Period.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

appalled

DCFS is the worst use of tax dollars ever. My children were diagnosed as "abused" even after a DOCTOR diagnosed them with an allergic reaction to cheap laundry detergent. Your supposed to get a hearing in front of a judge. We never saw a judge- we just got judged by the string of 14 caseworkers who finally decided we might do something in the future!!!!! Yeah tax dollars $$$$$.

Georgia Peach

To Gigi #27 and Mimi #39 and #43 - You are BOTH kidding yourselves. First, I want to address Gigi who states that the reason Britney is out partying every night is that she KNOWS she is going to get custody of those kids. NO SHE DOESN'T know that, particularly if she keeps on partying the way she has been. Seriously, this story has been covered by every news magazine show from Nancy Grace to O'Reilly Factor, and all of the experts say the same thing. The courts WILL take her recent activities into account, and she could easily end up with "shared custody" or worse should she continue her recent behavior.

And to Mimi, you are even worse. You first determine that she has PPD. I personally had post-partum depression after giving birth, and I can tell you that partying was the LAST thing on my mind. Part of PPD is the depression itself. Anyone who has ever suffered from actual depression knows that it is a feeling of helplessness and sadness, NOT GIDDINESS OR FUN, and you don't feel like doing anything, particularly dressing up, going out on the town, partying and drinking to the wee hours of the morning. SERIOUSLY - you are NUTS!!!! I have been there, and I can tell you PPD is no fun at all! I can also tell you that the doctor gave me a pamphlet with a breakdown of PPD symptoms, and partying and drinking was not ANYWHERE ON THE LIST!!! To even intimate that her activities show signs of PPD is an insult and certainly does not do justice to what women feel and suffer through as a result. Unless you REALLY know what you are talking about, you should shut the hell up! You have the right to post, of course, but it would be much more helpful if you would make those posts informative and real instead of the crap you are spewing!

Also, to add to your already ridiculous comments, you go on to say that a "mother needs to take care of herself to be a good mother" - and in that same paragraph to compare what Britney is doing to "taking care of herself". HOW ABSURD!!! Partying and drinking til you pass out in the car is NOT TAKING CARE OF YOURSELF!!! Are you INSANE?? Sure, she may need too blow off steam now and then, but what she is doing is FAR more than that. She is making a complete fool out of herself, behaving like a slutty teen. Getting drunk, showing your bare crotch to the world, and passing out in Paris's car is not "taking care of yourself", and proves beyond any shadow of a doubt that she does not care about her reputation or the welfare of her kids much at all. When they tell you to "take care of yourself", that means to eat healthy, exercise and get out and away from the kids occasionally - i.e. take a break and go shopping or have lunch with friends. It does not mean to get stinking drunk and party all night. And how much of a parent can she be hung over almost daily???!! I have had a hang-over or two in my earlier days (pre-baby, of course) and I could not even begin to imagine playing with a baby or giving them the time and attention they would need with a hang-over.

Then you refer to the Nanny(ies) that take care of her babies. Well, yes, having a nanny is fine, but I have never thought that a nanny should ever become the primary care-giver to anyone's children - celebrity or not. Look at the kids of celebrities who are NOT attended to by anyone other than nannies. Many of their lives end up a train-wreck because ALL KIDS, no matter who they are, need and want the love and attention of THEIR PARENTS, not the nanny. And you go on to state that a sleeping infant does not know the difference. Another idiotic comment in my book, because most babies DO NOT sleep through the night for quite a while. Are you telling me that the nanny feeding her baby throughout the night is a better thing than Britney herself being there, bonding with that baby??? No way.

Quit making yourself look stupid defending this train-wreck of a mom. Britney needs parenting classes or AA or something. Partying with the likes of Paris Hilton is not the answer to a bad marriage or divorce. And being out almost nightly, showing off your crotch is certainly an answer either.

TO BRITNEY: GO HOME AND TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF AND YOUR KIDS. STOP BEING SELFISH AND IMMATURE - YOU LOST THAT RIGHT WHEN YOU BEGAN PROCREATING. GIVE THOSE KIDS A FIGHTING CHANCE, AND LEARN TO BE A MOM.

Lisa

To poster 56: That is such an excellent point! Why wasn't she arrested?

Lisa

This is sooooooo beyond a girls night out! She's not a "girl" first of all she's a woman and a mother and what she is doing is harmful to her and her children. A little partying? You've got to be kidding! She's wasted...How anyone can justify her behavior and consider it to be "just a little fun" is beyond me. I'm glad I don't have to see what you are all doing for a little fun.

get your own life

If I went commando and people actually saw me flashing my privates I would be arrested for indecent exposure, or flashing. The are above the law - anything goes, young girls look up to these hookers...they display ignorance every chance they get...they are classless people period. My god its not that complicated hire a flippin driver if you are drunk, buy a
pair of panties and wear them outside - when in a skirt - how stupid are these people? And now in every grocery/drug store in country parents are hurrying past the magazine isles as not have to explain to 8 year olds why those bafoons cant buy & wear undergarments and why its not so cool man to get arrested for DUI every other week...
Makes me sick ----

Allred Tree

#64 Real Person - DITTO - Why has Victoria's Secret evidentally become so "hot"?
Whatever happened to good old Hanes, Fuit of the Loom, Vanity Fair, etc. Do you think BABOON BRITNEY got the idea from the apes when she took her oldest little one to the zoo recently? Can you imagine how she is approaching potty training with these boys?

Sharon - New York

She lives in a bubble under a magnifying glass. Give the girl a break. She is only 25 and deserves to have a life before she ends up old and washed up. Let her enjoy herself, her kids have more then most of us on these boards will ever have. She sepnds the day with the kids and goes out when there asleep I dont understand why this is getting blown out of proportion. She needs to break away from the negative press with a really hot album and all will be forgotten in this shallow world.

jaynne

there are many other mothers who r awhole lot worse than her. i didnt use to like brittney, but after the whole federline problem, i started to feel sorry for her.but maybe she should put on some underwear.

jada

there is absolutely nothing wrong with the way she is as a mother. dont you think if you had put up with that dumb ass kfed like she did for two years and got trapped by him when he got her knocked up for the second time you would let loose for a couple of weeks? and as for the no panties incident........not many girls wear them EVER!! we like to free ball it as well!!!! if theyd keep the damn cameras out of her crotch they wouldve never caught her without panties!!!!! but im sure they liked what they saw or they wouldnt make such a big deal bout it!!!!!!!!

Devoted Harvey-ite

I don't think celebrities deserve special treatment, but Britney's kids are hardly the most at-risk pair in L.A. county. I used to work "in the system", and when it comes to child abuse, there are far, far worse than a mom who leaves her kids with a nanny so she can flash her crotch around town.

The kids deserve better, but it's hardly worth the DCFS's limited resources.

Hans Gudegast

One above asks why is she always doing to the wrong things?

Because she is a freaking coke head with no brains which happaens to have a couple of wonderful kids which she does not deserve!!!!Snatch them out of her whorish arms!!!

Swtmelissa

FORGET BRITNEY SHES A LOST CAUSE HAS BEEN I WANNA KNOW WHO THE F#$K IS THIS JESSE MCCARTNEY (NO RELATION TO PAU BUT IM SURE THIS KID IS MILKING IT FOR ALL ITS WORTH) AND WHO IS SERVING HIM AT THE AGE OF 20 WHERE ARE THE FRIGGIN PARENTS OF THESE SPOILED BRATS?????

Hilary

Hi there,

Much of what the DCFS is compelled by law to investigate is... BOGUS.
I know -- I've been there. When I was still living in LA in 2000, a disgruntled babysitter called DCFS and reported that I was beating my baby. When the DCFS worker arrived at 11 pm (under law, they must respond to every complaint if it involves a child under four years old), she had to check my sleeping child for marks (there were none). Her next words to me: "Someone has tried to set you up." She then went on to explain that MORE THAN HALF of the complaints the agency *has* to investigate are bogus -- lots of nasty folks out there. The agency then, by law, had to go to my child's nursery school to talk to the teachers, who all told her I was a great mom and that they had never seen any signs of any sort of abuse. The worst part: this report is now on a permanent record that I can never erase. By the way, my child is now 9, super-bright and a terrific kid! No, the worst part is this: there are ssooo many truly abused kids out there, and the DCFS doesn't have A CLUE. Harvey, thanks for pointing this out!!!

GERARD ACCARDO

CONGRADULATIONS BRITTNEY, YOU HAVE EARNED THE TRAILER PARK TRASH GIRL AWARD OF THE YEAR. FIRST HOOKING UP WITH K-FED WHO IS A HUMAN BREEDING MACHINE A NO TALENT WANNA BE WHO HOOKED UP WITH YOU TO FEAST ON YOUR FAME AND FORTUNE. WELL IT TOOK TWO KNOCK UPS TO LEARN THAT AFTER HAVING TWO CHILDREN WITH A NO TALENT BUMB AND FREE RIDER THAT HE IS WHAT EVERYONE ELSE WARNED YOU ABOUT PRIOR TO THE FIRST KNOCK UP. I THINK GIRL YOU MUST HAVE BEEN POSSESSED BY A MAJOR BRAIN FART TO HOOK UP WITH HIM IN THE FIRST PLACE. NOW WITHOUT HIM YOU CONTINUE YOUR SLUTTY, IRRESPONSIBLE MOTHERLY BEHAVIOR NOT BY GOING OUT, YOU DESERVE TO GET A NIGHT OUT, BUT NOT LIGHTS OUT BEHAVIOR, BEING SO F***ING DRUNK AND SHOWING YOUR SNATCH TO EVERYONE BY NOT WEARING ANY UNDERWEAR IN PUBLIC SHOWS YOU FOR THE SLUT YOU ARE PORTRAYING TO MILLIONS OF YOUR PAST FANS. YOU HAVE NO FANS NO MORE , YOU SAW TO THAT DEMISE, AND YOUR THINKING OF A COMEBACK.

AS WHAT THE POP DRUNK SLUT WHO REALLY CANT BELT OUT A NOTE WITHOUT A PRERECORDED TAPE, AND LIP SYNC, YOUR A BRITTNEY VANILLI
MAYBE YOU AND MILLIE VANILLI CAN ALL MAKE A COMEBACK ON THE LIP SNYC CHARTS AT SOME KAREOKE WEDDING OR BLOCK PARTY BASH. OR MAYBE BETTER YET CUT THE RIBBON TO A NEW TRAILER PARK CALLED BRITTNEY VILLAGE . THE TWO INNOCENTS HERE ARE THE CHILDREN YOU PROCREATED WITH THAT LOOSER HUSBAND OF YOURS, WHO WANTED TO SELL PHOTOS OF YOUR CHILD SO HE COULD GET SOME QUICK CASH.

ALL SEEMS LIKE A NIGHTMARE HA BRIT, ONLY THIS TIME YOU CANT JUST WAKE UP AND TOSS IT UP TO ONE F***ED UP NIGHTMARE, CAUSE ITS YOUR REALITY, ITS CALLED YOUR LIFE, WHICH AINT SO PRETTY RIGHT NOW.

BETTER INVEST THE CASH YOU HAVE LEFT MY ANGEL, SINCE THEIR AINT NO MORE COMING IN RECORD SALES OR BAD MOVIES YOU MADE. I HAVE AN IDEA MAYBE YOU CAN MAKE SOME EXTRA CASH DOING A VIDEO, POP QUEEN HASBEENS GONE WILD. GOOD LUCK YOUR GONNA SURELY NEED IT , AND YOU BETTER START PRAYING AND DONT STOP TILL MADONNA HAS A HIT MOVIE.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5