Wayans

Drops N-Bomb,

Faces Fallout

12/6/2006 2:20 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Damon WayansDamon Wayans became the first famous offender of the Laugh Factory's ban on the use of the n-word, and was fined and banned from the club for three months as a result, Wayans' publicist tells TMZ.

After the Michael Richards incident on November 17, the club decided to ban use of the word and fine comedians $20 for every offense. Wayans took the stage Sunday during a showcase of African-American comedians called "Chocolate Sundaes." Wayans opened his routine with the line, "Give yourselves a big round of applause for coming down and supporting 'N***** Night.'" According to the L.A. Times, Wayans used the word 15 more times during his 20-minute appearance.

That's a $320 contribution to the Laugh Factory's swear jar. Wayans' rep had no further comment other than to confirm the fine and the temporary ban.

Andy Dick drew fire earlier this week for using the n-word during an appearance at the Improv.

marcee

do ya'll know what, it's not about using the n word, it's how you use it. you can't say
sh*t like 50 yrs ago i would stuck a fork up your ass and sayn that's what happen when you interup a white man. that was wrong! eveybody is not focusing on the right thing which is that comment about 50 yrs ago, that's what have the black community upset not using the n word. i here asins, whites, mexicans calling each other n*gga all the time, what's up my n*gga! etc. they just wanna be cool and using the n word makes some people feel that there accepted in the black community. (bay area)

some like it hott

Like really though...this is beyond ridiculous...Seems to me like the laugh factory has just found a new way to get 20 dollars every now and then! I wonder if one dude had to pay for when he said it? HMM!

Ms. Rell

So what they said nigger its just a word - get over it. I'm more offended that the has-been comics involved aren't funny. So will they ban the words bitch, fag, or jerk. Banning the use of a word just because it offends someone that's just (retarded)---ooops. Did I just get myself banned.

chopchop

If "african americans" call each other n*gger; that just makes it okay for everyone else to call them n*ggers too! What's the big deal!!!!

Shag

He's so talented, I am dissappointed in him for going there. His idol, Richard Pryor, dropped the word after a visit to Africa, over tweny years ago. The word is ugly, regardless of whose mouth it's coming out of.

oat

I guess Damon Wayans believes in calling a spade a spade!

Leave On

Are you freakin kindin me?!! Its Damon Wayans. What fallout is he going to face? He is black that last time I checked. He can say it as many times as he wants. In fact, his opening line: "Give yourselves a big round of applause for coming down and supporting 'N***** Night." That made me laugh when I read it. Thats comedy! For the Laugh Factory to call that particular night "Chocolate Sundaes" , there should be a fallout on the club. I grew up on Prior & Murphy and they revolutionized the word by opening it up to the publics ears. They joked about it. What Richards did was different. What Andy Dick did was just plain ignorant and stupid. Richards feels bad as it is already to have this happen. Now, Damon Wayans is being attacked. A black comedian is being attacked for using the word N**ga. There are alot of Black comedians that will not be showcased nor want to perfom at the Laugh Factory over this. This is just getting ridiculous now. And for those (if any) people who were offended by what Damon said...the hell with yous and get a sense of humor cause that was funny.

sal monella

Let's see, Michael Richard's was banned for life for using the "N" word at the laugh factory but Damon Wayons get's a 3 month suspension. Sounds like whites are the ones being discriminated against although it's no surprise to me. This sort of thing has been going on for years now and I'm just wondering when whites are going to wake up to this fact and start saying, we're not going to take it anymore.

kbeenss

This just bothers me. I have noticed that when African-Americans use the N-word. (Which I have never cared for that word no matter who uses it.) It seems like the audience will laugh and all is just fine. However, when a Caucasian uses the N-word. Everyone cringes and calls him a racist for using it. Why? I am not saying what Michael Richards did was acceptable, but this goes way beyond him. It has always been this way. He just made the issue more public because of who he was. Am I wrong? Does anyone else feel this way? I just don't think it should be a double standard. If one race can say it without being looked down on than all the other races should be able to use the same language without being accused of racism.

billyboyhere

66 me

Thanks for sharing a real life experience with someone who clearly is distrubed and who is now getting the national exposure he is deserving of now. Hannity and Colmes is about to do a story on this latest incident so hope more of America gets "the other side" of Homey the Clown.

jamis

People have freedom of speech in their personal lives. However, no one is owed support for what they say in the public sphere. If the n-word is banned for some it should be banned for all. On the other hand politically correct speech has been a big issue for years, at colleges. Too often people try to be offended, so they can feel superior and cause trouble.

sue

SO WHAT!!!!!N***** N***** N***** ....TAKE OFFENSE I DO NOT CARE!
People call anna, paris, angelina WHORES all the time. Should they take offense? sure they do. Do i care? HELL NO! Get on with your lives people

Samantha

@@ stupid people. They need to just get over it already.. people are going to say the N word all they want .. no one can do anything about it. theres way worse words than that stupid one. @@ how lame

sue

Is this guy serious? Look at his get-up. He looks retarted! What a dumb ass (_?_)

We, are not amused.

WIGGER #52
Shut the f*** up you ignorant
crackereatinghonkeybuttholesniffinghomointernettoughguy!