Britney's "Bad Girl" Defense

12/7/2006 10:17 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Britney SpearsBritney Spears is finally owning up to some wicked behavior – but says that she's just trying to make up for lost time.

In a statement posted on her home page last night, Britney says, "I probably did take my new found freedom too far ... Every move I make at this point has been magnified more than I expected," a winking reference to a certain part of her anatomy that captured a nation's attention. "Thank God for Victoria's Secrets' [sic] new underwear line!"

But Britney asks for our understanding: "It's been so long since I've been out on the town with friends. It's also been 2 years since I celebrated my birthday."

Can Bill Clinton Put Lindsay on the Straight and Narrow?

Lindsay Lohan wants to enlist that paragon of moral rectitude – Bill Clinton – to help her rescue her flailing public image.

In a rambling email she sent to friends and lawyers, the freckled phenom says, "Hilary [sic] Clinton, Bill Clinton ... would be willing [to help], if we just ask. If we just ASK." What's more, as Page Six reports, another Clinton-era crony wants to lend a hand as well: "Al Gore will help me. He came up to me last night and said he would be very happy to have a conversation with me." She also mentions one "LR" whom she intends to take to court for "what she's done to me."

It's not the first time Lohan has blurted out pretty much the first thing that came to her head – she issued a similarly head-scratching missive when director Robert Altman died.

Oprah Doesn't Make the TomKat Cut -- Again

So TomKat, like a lot of couples who get married somewhere far-off and exotic, want to celebrate their union a little closer to home with, well, the junior varsity portion of their friends. And, reports Us Weekly, they're having a bash this Saturday at the home of Tom's producing partner Paula Wagner. But guess who isn't coming to dinner even the second time? Oprah --or so her rep says. Arnold Robinson, Cruise's rep, confirms the party, and says it's "for friends (who) were not able attend the wedding in Italy."

Party Favors: K-Fed Tries To Get Smarter ... McPhee Album Coming in January ... Madonna To Do Another H&M Collection

Could K-Fed really be getting serious about rehabbing his image? Page Six says he was spotted at the launch party for a new book called "The Concise Guide to Sounding Smart at Parties," and chatted up the authors for tips ... Songstress Katharine McPhee will unveil her first album post-"American Idol" in January, tentatively titled "Never Saw It Comin'." The album is described by the apple-cheeked McPhee as "rhythm pop" and she says it might surprise people who "thought I was going to make a Streisand record." ... Madonna will be putting her imprimatur on another collection for H&M, to be called "M by Madonna," and it'll be a women's wear line to be launched globally in March.

Add to: My AOL, MyYahoo, Google, Bloglines
AOL Alerts

27Fish

When you make the choice to have children and become a mother your life changes instantly. Partying and hanging with friends should not be a priority. Taking care of your children and setting an example for them should be your priority. Britney needs to be at home bonding with her newborn.

teeks

#35, Eli, yep we are in agreement. i realize not everyone waits till they are 34 or 35 to have kids, but Brit needs to realize, that the kids are here, for whatever reason she decided to have them, so her serious partying days are OVER. You can still go out and have fun, but what she's been doing is out of line.

kendra

kevin.....kfed fed up fedX go kill urself with Paris !

27Fish

It doesn't matter how old you are or whether your pregnancy was planned or unplanned you should face reality, grow up and become a responsible parent. You don't have to be a saint and not ever party but her childrens' needs should come first. Ya'll need to quite making excuses for her behavior. What happened to being accountable for your actions???

teeks

#38, Ben, sorry, I wasn't referring to you. I think TMZ took out one post, because all of the numbers changed by one. I WAS originally referring to the post which is NOW #17. Sorry.

Originalkat

Brittany....no excuses. Raise your kids then do your stuff.
KFedUp....same old thing
Lindsay....give us a break. She is so desperate because she doesn't have parental figures in her life but I am not sure she is on the right track. She is a sad, sad young woman.
TomKat...everything they do is for publicity whether corrrecting some wrongs or just falunting their money....tired of them. They are weird friends too becaue Travolta's, Kirstie Alley weren't at he "wedding" performance either. Oprah is really too good for such you-know-what.
Mcphee...really weird that the runner up is releasing her cd after the winner of the show. Why doesn't she just pose for Playboy and get it over with?

Wicked1

Her eyes look weird because she is COKED out. Not to mention how far apart they are and teh huge forehead....

Curiosity Killed the KAT ;-)

I personally don't think Britney needs to explain via PEOPLE magazine or any other outlet why she is doing what she does. Britney cries and has cried on national televison about wanting to be left alone by the paparazzi, but she jumps at any photo-opp and sells her kids pictures for cash WTF. If she wants to party 365 days a year, it's her perogative and her life, why does she feel she has to justify her behavior to the public? I guess she thinks if she "PRETENDS" she agrees that she may be partying and showing her vajayjay too much that will make us forgive her actions and rush out to buy her CD the first day this sh*t hits the shelves... If you're a Britney fan, you will go out and buy her CD no matter what the freak she does, if you don't like her nor her music then you won't...

Lindsay Lohan needs help more than Britney does, and for P. Hilton, people need to stop blaming her for all the BS that Lindsay, Nicole and now Britney do... She has the ability to control their minds, that's a bunch of BS.

KC

I have zero sympathy for Britney.

Robert

It's funny that people actually think Oprah gives a damn about not being invited to TomKats wedding. She did him a favor by allowing him to appear on her show, Its not her fault he got on there and acted an ASS!!!!!

Lauren

For all you people talking sh*t about Britney how about Kevin I hate how people sterotype that the mother should be at home watching the children- You all talk all this sh*t about her but what she does when her children are in bed is her buisness- NOT YOURS. Do you know what she does during the day with those children NO you know nothing about her besided what is put in the papers so until you know the whole story shut up about her. Start talking sh*t about the worthless peice of sh*t father those children have at least thier mother is there he is no where to be found!!!!!!!

do something about it

Qusestion to all the people saying babies need their parents day and night which they do but wHAT ABOUT ALL THE SINGLE WORKING MOMS WHO WORK 9-5 TO SUPPORT THEIR BABIES? THEY ARE NOT THERE ALL THE TIME SO WHAT KNOW? SHAME ON THEM TOO? I DONT THINK SO! I DONT KNOW BRITNEY AS A PERSON NEITHER DO THE REST OF YOU BUT FROM WHAT I COULD TELL BRITNEY ALWAYS HAD SP WITH HER EVEN WHEN SHE DROVE(LAP INCIDENT) MY GRANDPARENTS HAD TO WATCH ME WHILE MY MOM WORKED I DONT HATE HER AND IF SHE WANTS TO GO OUT SHE DESERVES TO WHO ARE YOU PEOPLE TO TELL SOMEONE HOW TO RAISE THEIR KIDS AND LIVE THEIR LIFE WEITHER SHES WRONG OR RIGHT WHO ARE WE TO JUDGE.

Bi-Polar Hippie

#45..teeks

Ahh...duh...Guess I could have figured that one out..:)
I agree with ya though.

She's screwed herself and is making it worse....sadly to say, but I think she regrets having the kids.

Insecure mother, freshly divorced, with a whole stack of bad decisions, not to mention the whole world watching waiting to see whats next. Is her image so badly damaged to the point of no return? Or can she break out enough excuses and apologize to bring back the "team brit" peeps to keep her in the positive spotlight and make some $$. Damn, I'd hate to be her.

Making up for lost time Brit,..........come on...

Wicked1

Brit can make a comeback because there will always be MORONS who will support her and buy her crappy music. Everyone will jump back on the Britney bandwagon once she cleans up her act. People are pathetic that way.

Hayley

I would like to know how any of you morons know Britney was out doing drugs? Did you see her? What the f*** are you people talking about? You think you know everythiing just by looking at one paparazzi picture. Britney was photographed with that baby for over a year - carrying him everywhere she went. You all had a problem with that and how she looked. She was too busy being a mom to care about her appearance you dumbasses! Now that she has decided to go out a bit you rag on her for that too! You are all just jealous tw*ts. Britney's kids are at home being taken care of and she goes out while they are sleeping. Shut the f*** up losers!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments