Nicole Richie

Popped for DUI

12/11/2006 1:01 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Nicole RichieTMZ has learned that Nicole Richie was arrested for DUI early Monday morning. She was booked at 4:50 AM today and was released around 7:15 this morning. The booking sheet reveals Richie is 5'1" and 85 lbs.

We're told two motorists spotted her SUV going the wrong way on the 134 Freeway in Burbank. The drivers called 911.

When the CHP responded, Richie was stopped in the carpool lane and was alone in the vehicle. When cops approached the vehicle, Richie was on her cellphone.

Law enforcement officers tell TMZ Nicole Richie admitted she had taken Vicodin and smoked pot.

A preliminary alcohol screening device revealed that Nicole was not under the influence of alcohol.

One law enforcement source tell TMZ that while Richie was at the jail she was "very cooperative and very humble."

This is not the first brush Richie has had with substance abuse. In 2003, she pled guilty to heroin possession. The charges were dismissed after she completed the terms of her probation.

A rep for Richie had no comment.

TMZ has learned that Richie hired celebrity lawyer Howard Weitzman to rep her in this latest incident.

Jay

Forget about institutionalized, how about uthinized along with a few others.

seeker of stupid sh*t

I hope nobody, except her parents, cares.....at all.

Phyllis

Trash with money is still TRASH.

Jenna

This is an addendum to my first post.. I didn't read the entire story on Nicole, like I should have, Duh!!! OK, she wasn't under the influence of alcohol but Vicodan and pot??? Wow!! I have at one time smoked pot (as a teen) and taken Vicodan (later on in my life). I have chronic back and neck pain and had a continuous script of Vicodan, for about 6 months. I lost so much weight during that time, b/c the Vicodan takes away your appetite and you feel so good and high that you don't want to do anything else but talk, smoke butts (if you are a smoker, as I am) and diet - not on purpose though. Nicole, girl - ya have to give up those Vikes. They will be the death of you, trust me.. You are too skinny now.. However, smoking pot isn't as bad, in my eyes b/c it gives most people the "munchies." In fact, Jessica Hahn smoked pot on a regular basis to put weight on, she revealed on The Howard Stern Show. If Nicole is smoking pot for the reason, all the more applause for her..

Seattleite

Reply to # 33 Sandra...

A simple blood test will reveal what she consumed. As bad as what she has done is, it's good she admitted it.

Ro Absalom

Dear TMZ Readers,

I'm starting a charity foundation and it will be succesful if you give with an open heart. This is the season when we think of the less fortunate. I really believe it's time for us to stop thinking about ourselves and focus on those whose lives are in desperate need of help. All I ask is that everyone that reads this donate at least: 3 brain cells, 1 hour of common sense, a pinch of dignity and humilty, and if you really want to make the baby Jesus smile on his B'day give just a handfull of inteligence to these STUPID A** B****ES IN HOLLYWOOD! Send her stupid a** to lesbian paradise. I hope she gets locked up and comes out with "P****Y" breath! In Jesus name Amen

blabs

11. I'm confused. It says she was not under the influence of alcohol so how is it DUI?

She was Driving Under the Influence (DUI) of DRUGS.

power

nicole richie, 85 pounds. she can try boxing in the skeleton division. She's guaranteed to dominate the division and become a champ in no time!

Nlewis

Hello, everybody wake up, Nicole Ritchie is a DRUG ADDICT, that is why she is so thin, She needs rehab NOW! She could have killed someone besides herself. The truth always comes out in the end.

Whatever

Naughty naughty! She is getting coal in her stocking and a huge pile of reindeer crap under her tree!

Jack Ryan

Amazing, I had no idea Nicole knew how to drive a car.

leftabadtasteinmymouth

Why is it that these stinkin' little Hollywood brats are getting off without any charges? The model....the singer....the Heiress?.....and whatever Nicole is?

Ben

How can she be smoking pot and weigh only 85 pounds? Isn't it supposed to make you eat? She must have smoked lawn clippings instead of real pot.

LisaE

DUI means Driving Under the Influence...It could be drugs OR alcohol. I don't even feel sorry for her anymore....there comes a point when you just have to take resposabilty for yourself! GROW UP

chicago

I will never understand why celebrities don't hire a driver????