Nicole Richie

Popped for DUI

12/11/2006 1:01 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Nicole RichieTMZ has learned that Nicole Richie was arrested for DUI early Monday morning. She was booked at 4:50 AM today and was released around 7:15 this morning. The booking sheet reveals Richie is 5'1" and 85 lbs.

We're told two motorists spotted her SUV going the wrong way on the 134 Freeway in Burbank. The drivers called 911.

When the CHP responded, Richie was stopped in the carpool lane and was alone in the vehicle. When cops approached the vehicle, Richie was on her cellphone.

Law enforcement officers tell TMZ Nicole Richie admitted she had taken Vicodin and smoked pot.

A preliminary alcohol screening device revealed that Nicole was not under the influence of alcohol.

One law enforcement source tell TMZ that while Richie was at the jail she was "very cooperative and very humble."

This is not the first brush Richie has had with substance abuse. In 2003, she pled guilty to heroin possession. The charges were dismissed after she completed the terms of her probation.

A rep for Richie had no comment.

TMZ has learned that Richie hired celebrity lawyer Howard Weitzman to rep her in this latest incident.

trudi

this girl needs help...she should be locked up for her own safty...what kind of moron drives the wrong way on the interstate....and lets not talk about eating habits...she is supposed to be a role modle for our daughters...i would lock my girls up if they tried this stupid stuff...eat a burger, and grow the f@@@ up!

Christina

Nicole got off that easy and it is not her first offense? Money rules everything. If I had done that, I would have been in jail for a long time.

Dave

the public needs to stop feeling sorry for these rich brats and the law needs to treat them they would anyone else from a low income family. throw the book at her and give her a wake up call. Or are we going to wait until she kills someone ???????

Jaime

they have all the money in the world...hire a f***ing driver! swear ta god. what is the deal with these idoits! love nicole though, she's funny as sh*t..

Rachel

#434, "laughing at all of you"
How nice of you to stand up for stick girl but did you ever stop to contemplate that merely because you disagree with someone does not necessarily mean they are not intelligent. The truly desperate, such as yourself, resort to calling others "losers, simpletons" etc, etc...
So you're CERTAIN she'll get help for her problems. Everytime this spoiled brat gets behind the wheel of a car drunk she risks killing people, like the 4 year old girl recently killed by a drunk teenager where I live. So I'm really sorry if our comments offend your sensibilities, but I've heard of enough dead babies killed by thoughtless drunks like Nicole to last a lifetime. Maybe if more people blast these irresponsible celebrities they will change their behavior and stop risking innocent lives. Until then, we are free to rip her apart. If you don't like it stop reading our posts.

My two cents

Kim- You have it wrong. I am not sticking up for Nicole. I believe more than anyone that she needs to be punished severely for her actions, however, again, I was just stating that many people (okay, the LOSERS), that ramble on about other things that have nothing to do with her stupidity of driving under the influence going the WRONG WAY ON A FREEWAY. Common sense says that calling her a "whore" has nothing to do with the DUI.

Laina

I don't think Nicole will be able to use the same excuse that Paris did when she got her DUI - that she was really hungry and racing to get a burger! ha!

Michael

Nicole may be in trouble, but she knows how to strike a pose. Damn she's cute!

Rachel

yeah bobble head dolls do it for me too

emmy

People Chill, she has taken full responsibility for her actions. There was no alcohol so truely she didn't even have to tell the cops about the pills and pot. Could someone have been serioulsy hurt...Yes, but lets just be thankful no one was and stop dwelling in what could have happened.
And back off the career all of you would be happy to get paid to shop and party.

Rachel

Oh how silly of us, driving with under the influence of pot and pills
that's not a danger to anyone else on the road. She should be given
an award that it wasn't booze. As for a career of shopping and
partying: Believe it or not Carly all of us don't envy a young woman who is slowly starving herself, drug-addicted with no real goals or talent. You may (which is sad) but not everyone does.

Larry Johnson jr.

This incident with nicole richie, is terrible , now I look at her and see so much potiential in her and I am not as these news reporters I am a simple man voicing my opinion . I do not know what is going through her head but she should really wake up she did something really stupid . The girl is 25 years old and is beautiful in my eye sight . Nicole if you compare her early pictures from when she was healthy then and now you still see that pretty woman but you also see a trouble person as well. I am not aware of what goes on in her life but I can say the only two whom can make things right is herself and god. Stop trying to be Paris Hilton Nicole and just be yourself . Do what ever it takes to make things right in life. That is all i am saying , I am sure your heart is in the right direction so aline your your heart and mind and make a new path for your self because if you do not something really bad is going to happen and there will be alot of sad and hurt people . So I guess life is like a box of chocolates .

Larry Johnson jr.

BESIZE YOU LOOK WAY BETTER THEN PARIS ANYWAY

marvin

GOSH EVRYONE DRIVES UNDER THE INFLUENCE SOMETIME
THIS WAS HER TIME-
LETS LEAVE THE POOR GIRL ALONE

x666x

Number eleven is right, her eyes are pinned. That can't be anything but dope( or oxys). She might have lied & said viccodin because opiates would have shown up on a drug test. I'm not sure if she has an eating disorder as much as an opiate dependency disorder. That's the new PC word for junkie now, not kidding. She's rich, why doesn't she just hire a driver so she can get jammed & nod out in the back seat?