Gwen Stefani

Says Hara-f**k-u to Fans

12/13/2006 2:50 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

gwen_stefani_220-1Gwen Stefani does not want you to holla for her -- she really, really doesn't.

A TMZ spy was in the audience for a taping of Gwen's appearance on MTV's New Year's Eve special, and he tells us that the fashionista-rocker didn't just ignore fans who were squealing with joy and encouragement, she tried to squelch them. "She would either turn away from the direction of the person complimenting her," says our source, "or she would make a 'cut it out' motion towards them."

Gwen also shielded her face from audience members as she darted from sound check to dressing room before the taping, says our spy. And she interrupted a take of her single "Wind It Up" because her fans were actually making noise when it started.

Perhaps Gwen's gotten rather too used to the mute Harajuku girls who accompany her performances.

A rep for Stefani says that he was at the taping, that the account of events is "news to" him, and that he doesn't think it happened.

ENO ENIVID

I'll bet that she's all bent outta shape because she knows that Wind it Up stinks and stinks bad. I was actually embarrassed for her when I saw her perform the song at the Billboard awards. I honestly couldn't TIVO through it fast enough.

Message to Gwen: "You should fire those pitiful souls who made you think that "Wind it Up" would be a hit". Sorry, this may actually be the bomb of the year ~ stink bomb that is.

Hidley Boxn

Gwen Stefani is doing so much between this & next generation's relationship with the Japan (2nd wealtiest nation financially & culturally). That also leads to to the whole Asian culture. She' a businesswoman and I think she looks fine. Her perfomances are great. I wish I had her business savvy.

But that being said, I must admit... I miss "NO DOUBT"!

Teagirl

Gwen did an appearance on GMA this week and got a very funny look on her face when her husband's name was mentioned. I wouldn't be surprised if a seperation announcement is forthcoming........

Tiffany

SHE IS NOT A DIVA!!! SHE HAS BEEN WORKING NON STOP AND I KNOW FOR A FACT THAT SHE IS EXTREMELY NICE TO HER FANS. JUST BECAUSE SHE WAS IN THE MIDDLE OF TAPING A SHOW AND TOO BUSY TO PAY ATTENTION TO EVERY SINGLE AUDIENCE MEMBER DOES NOT MAKE HER A BITCH. YOU CAN NOT PLEASE THEM ALL. SHE IS VERY GRATEFUL TO BE WHERE SHE'S AT. NOW PEOPLE LIKE MARY J. BLIGE.........THEY ARE TOTAL DIVAS...AND THAT ONE I ALSO KNOW FOR A FACT.

K-FEDS MOM

people like her shouldnt have fans. the fans made her what she is without them she wouldnth vae the fame, the money or anything. I hate it when stars get so stuck on themselves they pull this sh*t. gwen, i no longer will listen to any of your music. thats like PINKshe stated in an interview that the people who pay more to see her, get a better show. YOUR FANS MADE YOU GIRLS I HOPE YOUR FANS BREAK YOU

Mike

This is 100 percent NOT TRUE. I was at this taping and none of the mentioned happened. She went to both sides of the stage and talked to fans. Then yesterday morning at the taping for Good Morning America she posed for pictures and signed autographs for fans.

Where did you get this FALSE report from? lol

Joe

She's the No. 1 blonde for the month of December in LA.

megan

im not going to say weather or not i think that its true--all im going to say is please! im sure shes under ALOT of stress rite now. she just had her first child. she just put an album out. shes getting ready to start touring. shes go LAMB going. shes been making videos for singles. perhaps she was a mega bitch to fans that nite, but perhaps she also just wanted to get her sh*t done, and hang out later, doing what she does is STRESSFUL. cut her (and everyone else doing what she does) some slack!

Carol

Gwen is 37 you guys! I liked her better when she was with No Doubt but she sang too much about Gavin. I don't know if the story is true because I've never heard of her being mean to her fans but I don't dig the crap...I mean music she's doing on her own. I think she's goofy and dresses weird but that's just my opinion.

Kris10

ok gwen needs to go back to No Doubt .... shes not as great as she thinks she is without the band... personally i think she is nothing special with out No Doubt.... go back to your band!

Gwen Stefani's Biggest Fan Ever!!!!

GWEN STEFANI IS THE MOST APPRECIATIVE PERSON I KNOW. THIS STORY IS TOTAL BULLSHIT. AND THOSE PPL MAKING DUMBASS COMMENTS NEED LIVES AND NEED TO SEE THAT NOT EVERYONE THINKS LIKE THEM IF THEY THINK ITS NOT MUSIC THEN WHY ARE YOU LISTENING TO THEM . AND MADONNA IS OLD BUT SHE IS MADONNA AND SHE IS STILL SELLING OUT CONCERTS AND MAKING HITS. THE ONLY REASON THEY CAN DO WHAT THEY DO AT THEIR AGE IS CONFIDENCE WHICH THEY HAVE ALOT GWEN AND ALL THESE OTHER ARTISTS HAVE A JOB TO DO TOO! YOU CANT EXPECT THEM TO STOP FOR EVERY FUCKING PICTURE OR AUTOGRAPH THEY HAVE PLACES TO GO AND THINGS TO DO AND IF YOU DONT LIKE IT! GO TO HELL!!!!!

kathleen

I agree with Kris10...Without NO DOUBT, Gwen is a NOBODY!

sean

and the emporer has new clothes.

rsb

I agree with the comment from #10 you are completly right.

Cindy

I'd like to see you ordinary people do what Gwen and these other performers do every day. Having people in your face at every public moment must be exhausting- You try it.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments