Gwen Stefani

Says Hara-f**k-u to Fans

12/13/2006 2:50 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

gwen_stefani_220-1Gwen Stefani does not want you to holla for her -- she really, really doesn't.

A TMZ spy was in the audience for a taping of Gwen's appearance on MTV's New Year's Eve special, and he tells us that the fashionista-rocker didn't just ignore fans who were squealing with joy and encouragement, she tried to squelch them. "She would either turn away from the direction of the person complimenting her," says our source, "or she would make a 'cut it out' motion towards them."

Gwen also shielded her face from audience members as she darted from sound check to dressing room before the taping, says our spy. And she interrupted a take of her single "Wind It Up" because her fans were actually making noise when it started.

Perhaps Gwen's gotten rather too used to the mute Harajuku girls who accompany her performances.

A rep for Stefani says that he was at the taping, that the account of events is "news to" him, and that he doesn't think it happened.

Sheri

DON'T BELIEVE THAT FOR A SECOND, IVE SEEN GWEN IN CONCERT SHE IS NOTHING BUT A SWEETHEART.........

Ed

Gwen is just one more of the hundreds of "artist's" with dubious talent that are churned out on a continous basis. It really proves that when "leads" go solo they totally start to believe the hype they receive from fans that have no clue about real skill or ability.

If she's such a profound singer/artist, why is she suddenly a designer of fashion,(also dubious) and handbags?
It's just another ploy to get all she can from dupped admirers who wish to be a Gwen wanna-be. Why? I wouldn't even want to guess- bleaching your hair is sooooooooooooooooooooo over!

She, her music and aura were never better than when she was accompanied her original music mates. Adrian was soooooooooo hot!

nodoubtmari

I love Gwen...this story is nothing but Bull....GWEN ROCKS!

truth

This is utterly untrue, how do I know, I was there!! Gwen did not interrupt the take of "Wing It Up," the STAFF made her stop due to the VJ standing in the wrong spot. Now the truth is out..........

me

YOu all wish you looked like her you jealous little girls! Saying 35 is old please, your old if you dont take care of yourself. Maybe she is human and had a bad day. Anyone know her, or follow her, or seen her live knows shes not like that. Listen to you all hahahahahaha as soon as they say something about her your like "I ALWAYS KNEW SHE WAS BLAH BLAH BLAH
If she is so talentless why are you typing instead of opening up for her band huh? YOu little fat High school girls with no direction crack me up

me

TMZ STATES ABOUT 2% Truth and lets people run away with it on their site-----you are all falling for it--------------YOu dont know squat if you weren't there......................................................

Lauren

I use to like Gwen but this new sh*t with the yoddling-------SUCKS. The wig she is sporting really looks stupid. Gwen why did you habve to become such a bitch. Just a girl--------no....... JUST ANOTHER BITCH.

Bioleta

...Gwen needs to let the high end fumes steam off and get back to the basic girl she was when she started...and shes not the only celebrity that ignores fans they just need to remember NO SALES NO MONEY

Mike V.

Here's another lying bullsh*t TMZ story. Gwen Rocks. I've met her and she is nothing but nice and respectful to her fans. Here's someone just trying to make up something so you people will write sh*t about her. I wouldn't be surprised if the people at TMZ have Elliot Mintz as their publicist too.

LadyinBlue

Damn, Gwene is 35! Wow that b!tch is old!

Lindsey

Gwen is absolutely awesome, there is no way that happened.

Nena

f*** her then....

em

Actually, I was at the taping for her performance too, & the story is definitely true. she didn't acknowledge anyone till the cameras were on her && whenever a fan told her that they loved her she either turned the other way or or looked at damien the host and told him "see this is what i am talking about" with a disgusted look on her face. she's a good performer, but definitely not a nice person.

annette

stefani is a beautiful person some days are good and somedays are bad she is also a human.some stars like they picture taken all the time some don,t I wish her lot,s luck in her career. and before I forget age is just a number.

Chris

If not for their fanbase, these "artists" would be nothing and nowhere. I put "artists" in quotes because musical artistry no longer exists! Gwen Stefani ought to be appreciative that there are morons who'll actually pay to see her put on a show, or buy her music. (I know I'm not one those individuals!)

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments