Peter Boyle Dead at 71

12/13/2006 1:59 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Peter BoyleActor Peter Boyle, most recently seen as the father on "Everybody Loves Raymond," died at New York Presbyterian Hospital, his publicist said today. He had been suffering from multiple myeloma and heart disease.

Boyle was nominated for seven Emmys for his work as Frank Barone on the hit CBS show, but never won. He won an Emmy in 1996 for Outstanding Guest Actor in a Drama Series for an appearance on "The X Files." He most recently appeared in the Christmas comedy "The Santa Clause 3: The Escape Clause" playing Father Time.

According to IMDB, John Lennon was the best man at his wedding back in 1977. He is survived by his wife Loraine and two daughters, Lucy and Amy.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

A Fan

Our prayers are with your family. Thank you for sharing your talents with all of us. You will forever remain a much loved actor.

Blessings to your family and our deepest sympathy to the family, friends, and Everybody Loves Raymond cast and crew.

Darlene

God Bless Peter! He will be dearly missed. Thoughts and Prayers for the family.

Rita Poma

Peter, go in peace !! We will miss you...

David Campbell

Peter you were a great actor on Raymond. Enjoyed every episode. Will miss you and your fine acting talents. God bless you!!

Bob Lusk

I'm also one who only started watching ELR in reruns. Frank Barone is my favorite character. You could tell Mr. Boyle loved playing that character by the manner in which he delivered his lines. I have tried to think of any tv show or movie that Mr. Boyle was in, that wasn't good. There are none. He ranked right up there with Walter Matthau, when it comes to comedic talent. My thoughts and prayers to his family, friends, and former cast members. Mr. Boyle's talent will be enjoyed for generations to come. He will be missed.

M. Trent

Thanks Peter. R.I.P.

oshalie dixon

Another legend gone! So sad! I was so shocked when I heard that Peter Boyle died. I was crying alot. I'm still sad deep down inside. I'll never forget him! Never!
He was my favourite actor on "Everybody Loves Raymond". He always made me laugh through good times and bad times. I miss him very much.
Damn, he's funny as hell! R.I.P. Peter Boyle!

Linda

We love you Peter...you will be missed....

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5