Trump: Tara NOT Fired, Will Enter Rehab

12/19/2006 1:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Donald the Forgiving?

In a move that shocked anyone who has ever seen "The Apprentice," including Tara Conner, Donald Trump announced Tuesday morning that he will not fire the embattled Miss USA, despite allegations of drug use, underage drinking and sexual misconduct.

"She's agreed to go into rehab. She knows that if she makes even the slightest mistake from here on, she will be immediately replaced," said Trump. The carefully coifed billionaire explained that he will use Conner as a role model. "I believe she can do a tremendous service to young people."

Fighting back tears, and with her voice shaking, Conner thanked Trump for the pardon saying, "In no way did I think it would be possible for a second chance to be given to me." She then went on to shower the Donald in compliments; "I've had a very big blessing bestowed on me. It truly takes someone with a wonderful heart, a heart of gold and a blessed soul."

Midway through the press conference, Conner briefly ran offstage and donned her Miss USA sash, proving that she's keeping her crown.

Noel

I wonder what Farrah has to say about his.

cookie monster

How appropriate for America. Miss USA goes into rehab. Is he crazy. Fire her and then send her to rehab. The whole world is laughing. Where has common sense gone.

Keets

sorry ms nash, u have to go back. we're gonna stick with our cokehead. bye bye

Chris

I agree! Everyone goes through personal problems and if Tara seriously gets the helps she needs and steps out as a reformed person, she has the opportunity to be a role model for young girls who need help. It's about time that Miss USA wasn't flawless, it helps to knock downt he notion that she is "perfect"....and it saves her from having to pose for trashy Penthouse (a move I think she NEVER would have done)....cut her some slack and let's all hope she gets better!

B

ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING! Mr. Trump played into the small town big city transition story. Her crocodile tears made me sick... Mr. third time marriage believes in a lot of chances! What an example this man is with his discipline.

Who Cares?

Are you kidding me?? She DESERVED to be replaced!! Trump picks the wrong freakin battles!

NYC

MISS USA IS IN REHAB!!! LOL...................USA....USA..... PRICELESS !!!!!!.

J

Who is Miss USA a role model for? He gives a f***. Just brings more attention to his sh*tty pageant that plays second fiddle to Miss America. By sending her to rehab he will get continued publicity. Smart business move.

Cdamdajda

Im surprised but glad to see him give her another chance. People her age screw up all the time but they dont have to deal with so much attention. Hopefully she will take advantage of this second chance and get her life in order. A Brave choice by Trump because hes sure to be heavily criticized about it-it would have been much easier to can her.

Michelle

This is absurd! She tests positive for cocaine and they let her keep her title of Miss USA. She is not a good example.

Momma

WHO saw her do drugs?
WHO saw her underage drinking?
WHERE was her so called live in, under the microscope chaperone?
WHERE are all the people who were with her the several nights in question?

Actually this is quite brilliant. Do you think Donald really cares about the example she's setting? Look at his own moral decisions.

It spells P-U-B-L-I-C-I-T-Y stunt by none other then the billionair deal maker of the century.

J

She is a great candidate for the next person Aaron Carter is going to fall in love with next...

Tiki

this is so typical...I think demanding that she attend drug rehab is great and that is setting a great example but she should have been made to step down...wrong is wrong and she has broken the rules....drug use?!!! are you kidding me? I hate to play the race card but I fail to believe that if the roles were reversed (black Miss USA and white runner-up) the outcome would have been different and if anyone on here disagrees with that you are so living in a fantasy land

skeptical at best

to the people who think that she deserved a second chance. the reason she was picked is to be a role model. being crowned miss usa and miss america means that you are being held to a higher standard. if they were being held to the same standards as the rest of us then they would pick any joe blow off the street. i'm not saying the she can't be inspirational by going to rehab(even though i think that's still a terrible example) but she can do it without being the reigning miss usa. that's not what miss usa/america is about.

Laurie R

oh, and let me just add, kudos to donald trump. he played this out like a maestro on a violin....i even had to leave my desk to watch the news conference lol.
just goes to show you the donald didn't get where he's at by being a wallflower.