Trump: Tara NOT Fired, Will Enter Rehab

12/19/2006 1:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Donald the Forgiving?

In a move that shocked anyone who has ever seen "The Apprentice," including Tara Conner, Donald Trump announced Tuesday morning that he will not fire the embattled Miss USA, despite allegations of drug use, underage drinking and sexual misconduct.

"She's agreed to go into rehab. She knows that if she makes even the slightest mistake from here on, she will be immediately replaced," said Trump. The carefully coifed billionaire explained that he will use Conner as a role model. "I believe she can do a tremendous service to young people."

Fighting back tears, and with her voice shaking, Conner thanked Trump for the pardon saying, "In no way did I think it would be possible for a second chance to be given to me." She then went on to shower the Donald in compliments; "I've had a very big blessing bestowed on me. It truly takes someone with a wonderful heart, a heart of gold and a blessed soul."

Midway through the press conference, Conner briefly ran offstage and donned her Miss USA sash, proving that she's keeping her crown.

Tom Cruise has landed

Donald Trump is pathetic. The things this man will do for publicity. And by the way who cares? Miss USA is played out. He thinks that all the press will help the paltry ratings for next year.

And it doesn't have anything to do with the black thing, Pleeeeaaaaase get over that!

My two cents

I think The Donald was extremely GRACIOUS. For those of you who think this is so damn horrible, I hope when you do something wrong, no one gives YOU a second chance. Think about that one!!

analisa

Oh come on the black card? Get over it already. Everyone deserves a second chance. None of us are perfect and she didn't get away with anything. He scolded her like a disappointed dad. He told her that if she messes up just once she is out!

Tired of It!

Thank GOD for 2nd chances! What would life be without forgiveness and compassion! Great decision and next year, I will actually watch the show b/c I was educated with the publicity - its more than beauty! It's a job and we are all responsible for slacking on the job! We just don't get caught! - THANKS DONALD for standing by your beauty queen. THE WEAK ARE THERE TO JUSTIFY THE STRONG!

lyz

I agree everyone deserve's a second chance. I think she'll make a fine Miss. USA. We all make mistakes its called forgiveness. Besides no one wants to see some ugly black woman up there.

Taylor

Either she got naked during their 'meeting' before the press conference or else he's hoping she will soon.

Wicked1

That is the celebrity way. Enter rehab and all is good again. Why so surprised?

mom of two

It's called the United States of America people. The land of opportunity. Everyone deserves a second chance. I feel that Mr. Trump is right. She is a role model for the young. You'd be a fool to believe that there were not any people that could follow her example. chemical dependency is affecting younger and younger people. From all ranks of life. Not just the low and middle class.

Play By The Rules

These girls competing for these beauty pagents know what their moral obligations and responsibilities are from day one. If they do not stick to the obligations they attest to abide by, then they should lose their crown. This is NOT setting a good example for young girls today.

kena

Peach you better stop with that 'you people' sh*t. You have no f***ing idea if the person wrote those comments about race being an issue is african-american or not. So shut the f*** up.

Barry Manilow

I bet Amarosa is PISSED!

Matt

First of all I can't believe how passionate some people are about this.

Secondly, if she can clean up her act and educate our youth about her experience, then she will be a great role model. We all make mistakes, and she is in a position to help others with theirs. Just hope she uses the situation to to help others. If she screws up again, she will obviously be replaced.

Lastly, I doubt that Trump made this decision by himself. I'm guessing he others help him with decisions such as this.

Danny JG

Hey # 14...You're a real CLASS ACT !!! You got any heat in that trailer ???....And to #33...I'd rather see a "drunk lesbian whore" ANYDAY than a Black get in....although sometimes you can get ALL 4 of these TOGETHER.....

Ronda

Rehab - Great, the sooner she gets help the better. Retaining the title and the crown? I don't think so! I guess what we are teaching are children is that in America today, if you are rich enough, pretty enough, or connected enough, there are no consequences for your actions. We've all seen it time and time again. Shame on you Mr. Trump, perhaps you should fire yourself!

Connie

Donald's response is so typical and expected.........and yes, it is "a black thing". It is an old card to play but its the truth. Its too bad white folks alway try to pretend that even as we approach 2007 that race doesn't matter.

You've never been black so we black folks will never expect you to understand.