Trump: Tara NOT Fired, Will Enter Rehab

12/19/2006 1:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Donald the Forgiving?

In a move that shocked anyone who has ever seen "The Apprentice," including Tara Conner, Donald Trump announced Tuesday morning that he will not fire the embattled Miss USA, despite allegations of drug use, underage drinking and sexual misconduct.

"She's agreed to go into rehab. She knows that if she makes even the slightest mistake from here on, she will be immediately replaced," said Trump. The carefully coifed billionaire explained that he will use Conner as a role model. "I believe she can do a tremendous service to young people."

Fighting back tears, and with her voice shaking, Conner thanked Trump for the pardon saying, "In no way did I think it would be possible for a second chance to be given to me." She then went on to shower the Donald in compliments; "I've had a very big blessing bestowed on me. It truly takes someone with a wonderful heart, a heart of gold and a blessed soul."

Midway through the press conference, Conner briefly ran offstage and donned her Miss USA sash, proving that she's keeping her crown.

jlc

I am appauled as a mother of a very young impressionable daughter. It is no wonder why we have the Lindsey's, Britney's... Paris, and shall I go on, in the world. So what are we teaching the children of tomorrow. That it's okay unless you get caught and if you get caught throw the "I'll go to rehab" card. Please! This is disgraceful!
And besides I thought Ms UsSA is supposed to be very prestigious. These people are our teen role models! I will not watch another pageant!

Bird

Who coined the phrase "race card"? Did that come from the OJ trial? I'm getting tired of people saying it. White folks have begun to use the term itself as a "race card" of sorts. Because of it I give a whole lot of thought to an issue before saying it's race related. This one isn't big enough to go there. There have been several black Miss USA's and Miss America's and 1st runner's up. I don't think The Donald has a problem with that.

Now when the black dude won Apprentice it did weird me out that for the first and only time in the history of the show he was invited to "share" the title with a competitor. A white person would think nothing of that and many even judged the guy for telling the Donald to take a flying leap with that sharing crap. Let's just say it made us black folks say, "hmmmm." I for one respected him even more when he eloquently refused The Donald's "offer".

Anne

Hmmmm, looks like Tara's rehab might be spent sitting on Trump's Tower.....he's giving her the perfect Christmas Present....a d**k in a box!!!

Brevance3

I certainly hope they give her some kind of punishment for this. Maybe have the prizes taken from her or something... I don't know, but it's not fair to poor Nash who's been close to winning twice and had it taken from her. Imagine how she must feel after being told the entire week that she would be given the opportunity tand have it ripped from her hands yet again! Just goes to show the pretty, young, blonde chicks can do anything and get away with it.

Kirk

I think Tara is nice looking woman with a probable and bright future, though, I have a slight change of position, it is not necessarily the pageant of Miss USA that sets moral value (com' on a criteria is to be half naked in bathing suit televised to millions of people, in order to arrive at the crown) not that a nice body should not be celebrated, though the Miss USA and woman in her early twenties as a primary source of amoral and moral issues debate?

Maybe there is expectations of some conservative behaviour, though I have never seen the homely and comely conservative religious morality making media televised displays of beautiful bathing suit and representations of showing their physique with the amount of exposure given to the pageant.

Miss USA must have some elements of some hedonist and indulgent partying. Though like anything in this idea, it must be tapered with common sense and health and care towards those with more conservative values, though I am not sure if that is who is taking the pageant as all seriousness and really worrying whether their values are in compromise.

Conservative values will remain to be accessed and so will hedonist liberal attitudes as well, Most times people, never really fall on either side of each of the debates and kinda float in between each idea their entire lives.

mANDY

YES IT IS GREAT THAT SHE IS GIVEN A SECOND CHANCE. HOWEVER WHAT EXAMPLE ARE YOU SETTING TO YOUTH? THAT IF YOU MESS UP YOU WILL ALWAYS GET SECOND CHANCES? HOW ABOUT SHOWING YOUTH THAT AFTER YOU HAVE WORKED LONG AND HARD FOR YOUR DREAM TO COME TRUE THAT IF YOU GET CAUGHT UP IN DRUGS IT CAN PUT YOUR FUTURE AT STAKE AND LOOSE YOUR DREAM OVER DRUG OR ALCHOHOL ABUSE. I AM A BELIEVER IN SECOND CHANCES I REALLY AM BUT IN THESE COMPETITIONS YOU KNOW THE RULES WHEN YOU SIGN THAT CONTRACT. DONALD TRUMP IS A BUSINESS MAN RIGHT? I WOULD HAVE THOUGHT HE WOULD HAVE HELD HER TO THE CONTRACT THAT SHE SIGNED YOU KNOW HIM BEING A BIG BUSINESS MAN AND ALL. THEN I ALSO HAVE TO GIVE IT TO HIM FOR BEING SYMPATHETIC AND GIVING HER A SECOND CHANCE. I WOULD HAVE NEVER SEEN THAT COMING FROM HIM.

kathryn

Who really gives a sh*t, really? In two years we won't remember her name.

kathryn

#136, you are so typical. Get over it already.

Aspen

Sure someone should get a second chance to do something right if they've screwed up....BUT what message is this decision really sending?

"There are no consequences for breaking the rules".

And that's one rule Donald has taken to the bank time and time again. So, why shouldn't America's youth learn that lesson too?

Way to go Donald.

On The Side Lines

I'm just curious....where is Farrah now???
You'd think she would have been the first to post on this the minute it came out.

As far as this whole situation goes, I don't believe it was the right decision to make, but knowing Trump, he made the best business decision.

Me

Swell. My pet peeve....

Why doesn't Miss USA know the word is ESPECIALLY, not ECSPECIALLY? Next up? Miss USA talks about her JEWEL ER RY and she goes to the REAL A TOR and she's going to AXE someone a question.

Does any supposed young role model (and this Miss USA is questionable as it is) know how to speak English well?

donna volosin

I am appalled that they can even think about letting her be me USA. By going into rehab she willingly admits being on drugs. This is an example that is is ok to do drugs you will get places anyway. Nice going ,, a person of your status should of made a better decision than this. This is a mockery of the Pagaent. What is this world turning out to .......

Diego Chick

On her knees to earn the title; and on her knees she will keep the title. The moral of the story: Oral sex pays!

Me

#30: Aaron will fall in love with her in Jan. 2007 to begin his "brand new year loving the love of my life. I've never felt like this with anyone I've ever done...err...dated in my entire short life."

Perfect for each other. Coke and booze addict, meet love addict.

Niki

Vanessa Williams was NOT a Miss USA. She was Miss America which has higher standards than Miss USA. There is a huge difference. Had this been a Miss America behaving this way, she would have been stripped of her title because Miss America is more than looks (which many Miss USA's are lacking if you ask me).